PDA

View Full Version : Good Ole Ruby Weapon

MageMasher07
07-01-2011, 07:20 PM
I am new to EyesonFF (total nube), so I am not sure if I just post questions that I have or supposed to do specific searches from the past. But I was looking for the best strategy possible against Ruby Weapon. I always try to make my FF files even better than my last one. In my last file I bested Ruby and Emerald weapon on the first try but I "Can't remember for the life of me" how I did it. Any ideas? If it helps, I have every piece of armor and accessory available and mastered every materia thus far and have Cloud, Red XIII, and Barret at level 99 (very original right?).:choc:

AngelWings8
07-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Have one character with the following materia:

Link HP Absorb with Knights of the Round materia
Use W-Summon materia to summon Hades first to stun him and then Knights of the Round (unless it's leveled and you can summon it twice)
Mime that over and over and over again so that you keep casting Hades and Knights of the Round

You can have Final Attack + Life if you want, but if it gets to that point you won't be able to use the Mime strategy anymore. Also, take off Counter Attack so you don't accidentally hit him in between Mimes. You might want to have the other two characters dead as he'll use that whirlsand thing on you.

MageMasher07
07-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Thanks AngelWings8, that strategy was money! I think Ruby Weapon hit me once with one of his tenatacles and that was it!

Ironwings
10-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Bit late for this I guess, but for anyone else wanting a pop at Ruby, he's pretty susceptible to Dazers (which you can thieve from some critters -Boundfats, I think- in the area just out of the Sleeping Forest). Then you hit him. A lot. :roll2

Bubba
11-05-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm pretty sure direct exposure to sunlight is fatal to him.

Just don't get him wet... and don't ever, ever feed him after midnight...

Jenovakiller
11-28-2011, 06:15 AM
all you have to do is cast hades which will paralize him then unleash on him. just make sure you cats hades every 3 or 4 turns so he stays paralized. piece of cake!