PDA

View Full Version : Abstraction

Madonna
07-02-2011, 04:02 AM
http://vignettegrimoire.com/_lynx/cyot00.png

This thread topic is based on this sign's depiction and your perception of it.

http://vignettegrimoire.com/_lynx/cyot01.png

Summer has struck here, and every day I go swimming. Usually, I am out there for an hour, sometimes less, sometimes more. I am not very strong-bodied, but I have slowly been improving my capabilities. Today, I swam the entire length of the pool underwater. This is cool because I used to only be able to swim the width of the pool underwater and only barely. I do not quite know how long the pool is, but estimates circle the 125 foot mark, so yay, if you need someone to swim underwater for a hundred twenty-five feet, you know who to call. Anyways, I enjoy the hell out of swimming and plan to do it every day or every other day throughout this summer. The water is great, getting exercise is great, and I could not be happier.

Do you like swimming? Do you wear goggles? Is wearing flippers in a swimming pool dumb (the answer is yes)? Do you burn like the Irish when exposed to sunlight? Let us talk about pools.

http://vignettegrimoire.com/_lynx/cyot02.png

I am currently experimenting with my diet because I know eat terribly when left to my own devices. Bacon and eggs over easy were perhaps my favorite items for morning meals when available. My breakfast is now usually a bowl of oatmeal with a dash of brown sugar and a few dried cranberries, and now I imagine bacon where it usually is not (on naked women, on signs, et cetera) because I crave it. I caved in the other day and had huevos rancheros smothered in red chile, topped with pico, black beans, and bacon bits. It was glorious, but the calories will forever taunt me.

Ideally, what do you like eating for breakfast? You did include bacon in that, right? Are you a horrible person who likes scrapple (no one should like scrapple)? Or are you an eat-right-eat-healthy person who lives a life of cuisine misery? Tell me about your breakfasts.

http://vignettegrimoire.com/_lynx/cyot03.png

It is not funny to throw handicapped people into swimming pools. Discuss other non-funny things or, in an exciting turn of events, discuss funny things.

Rebellious Eagle
07-02-2011, 04:07 AM
I burn like the Irish in the sun because, well, I AM part Irish. Hurrdurr.
I like doughnuts for breakfast :D
And politics are funny.

Clo
07-02-2011, 05:07 AM
Oh my god, SOMEONE THREW A HANDICAP PERSON IN A POOL. Those things sink like rocks.

rubah
07-02-2011, 05:44 AM
my mom is handicapped and she swims sometimes!

Kalilung
07-02-2011, 05:57 AM
Do you like swimming? Do you wear goggles? Is wearing flippers in a swimming pool dumb (the answer is yes)? Do you burn like the Irish when exposed to sunlight? Let us talk about pools.

Wearing Flippers in our pool is dumb because it never gets any deeper than 5 feet. And that 5 feet is like this narrow band of awesome where you can do forward somersaults, swim-start dives, and fun things without hitting your head on the floor. Once you wander outside that watery Alsace-Lorraine, however, you're in for a world of skinned knees and knuckles. I am still, however, totally excited that this summer is The Summer of the Pool.

Ideally, what do you like eating for breakfast? You did include bacon in that, right? Are you a horrible person who likes scrapple (no one should like scrapple)? Or are you an eat-right-eat-healthy person who lives a life of cuisine misery? Tell me about your breakfasts.

O Glorious Firstmeal, how irritating you are to make. Lynx, you philistine. Scrapple is clearly a gift from the universe; one with a little card that says "I love you and want you to eat all the pig." That said, it's all smoothies from here on out, baby. I haven't consumed a cooked firstmeal for at least a month.

It is not funny to throw handicapped people into swimming pools. Discuss other non-funny things or, in an exciting turn of events, discuss funny things.

While there is nothing funny about throwing a handicapped person into a pool, a pool can be a nice place for people who cannot walk to get their exercise.

Today I saw a very tiny child kicking the pool in its mother's arms. That also was not funny, but was pretty cute.

G13
07-02-2011, 01:59 PM
http://vignettegrimoire.com/_lynx/cyot00.png

Reduce speed. Paraplegics at play.

The squigglies are tread marks.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-02-2011, 02:10 PM
If I don't eat something crappy, I start loosing weight.

I cut out sodas and cookies for breakfast for a month and switched to cereal and 2 % milk. I dropped from 149lbs to 138lbs. So, yeah. I guess it's Rootbeer and Oreos for me.

I do love me some omelet action. Cheese, peppers, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, ham, and salsa. Yum....

rubah
07-02-2011, 06:05 PM

Wearing Flippers in our pool is dumb because it never gets any deeper than 5 feet. And that 5 feet is like this narrow band of awesome where you can do forward somersaults, swim-start dives, and fun things without hitting your head on the floor. Once you wander outside that watery Alsace-Lorraine, however, you're in for a world of skinned knees and knuckles. I am still, however, totally excited that this summer is The Summer of the Pool.

O Glorious Firstmeal, how irritating you are to make. Lynx, you philistine. Scrapple is clearly a gift from the universe; one with a little card that says "I love you and want you to eat all the pig." That said, it's all smoothies from here on out, baby. I haven't consumed a cooked firstmeal for at least a month.

While there is nothing funny about throwing a handicapped person into a pool, a pool can be a nice place for people who cannot walk to get their exercise.

Today I saw a very tiny child kicking the pool in its mother's arms. That also was not funny, but was pretty cute.

you guys are so cute

demondude
07-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Swimming = fun
Bacon = Tasty
Throwing handicapped people in pools = Both.

Shlup
07-03-2011, 03:26 AM
I have my feet in a pool right now.