PDA

View Full Version : Interesting interview on FFType-0

cat121212
07-05-2011, 12:38 PM
(the title of the thread is meant to say 'interview' instead of 'review', sorry about that ^^")

Have a read of this interview, it has some good recent infomation on FFType-0 :)

Tetsuya Nomura and Hajime Tabata on Final Fantasy Type-0 (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/05/ff_type_0_interview/)

Here's a small tibit of the most interesting revelations (but click on the link & read the whole intereview) :jess:

For skilled action players, the game will have fighting game-like features like movement canceling.
The game's loading screen shows user data. This will also show the player data of Square Enix Members.
At save points, you can change your current party characters and also set your equipment.
The game's main characters are from your school's "Class Zero." Students from other classes will also team up with you for missions. They have different colored cloaks.
Nomura said that Square Enix is currently looking into a download version and overseas version of the game. (English release?)
There will be weather-related changes. Weapons will change in strength and firing range depending on weather. Amongst summons, Shiva will be stronger in the snow.

Loony BoB
07-05-2011, 12:57 PM
For some reason I had always assumed that Type-0 would be released internationally. Oops?

cat121212
07-05-2011, 01:14 PM
I though with the Playstaion Vita close to release, that they woundn't bother with an English release for this PSP game...:confused: Anyways, I do hope they release it in English :)

Del Murder
07-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Not really digging the fighting game mechanics but the other stuff sounds pretty cool.

Sword
07-07-2011, 02:40 AM
Not really digging the fighting game mechanics but the other stuff sounds pretty cool.

I can only see the ability to cancel actions as a good thing...

Del Murder
07-07-2011, 05:19 AM
What fighting game can you cancel actions? I guess the sentence doesn't really make sense.

Rostum
07-07-2011, 10:27 PM
What fighting game can you cancel actions? I guess the sentence doesn't really make sense.

Well, canceling a move in a fighting game is pretty well known.
Appendix:Glossary of fighting games - Wiktionary (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_fighting_games#Cancel)

Del Murder
07-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Is it now. Well that's too complicated for me. See one entry above that one to find out my secret fighting game technique.

Roogle
07-08-2011, 12:25 AM
No, cancelling is basically interrupting the animation of an attack to do another attack.

Like if I press the button for a medium punch and then input the buttons to do a super combo, the super combo will go off immediately as the medium punch is retracted and it counts as a combo.

The fact that this game will have cancelling means that you will probably do a few normal attacks and tack on a special move to it rather than using them separately.