PDA

View Full Version : PS3 & FFXIII disc help

cat121212
07-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I was just pondering over the fact that my PS3 is very old & dusty, when would be the time to replace it? The reason why i'm asking is because my FFXIII disc looks very strange, is all :| Its got a weird rainbowy groovy kinda pattern on it,not sure how to discribe it (its definatly not normal) which wasn't on it when i first bought it, is it something I should be concerned about?:confused: Is it time for my PS3 to bite the dust?

Pheesh
07-06-2011, 08:13 AM
I'm pretty sure most blu-rays have that and if you shine a fluro light on them it shows up pretty prominently. If you're seeing it even without a light source shined on the disk then I'm not sure what the problem could be. But If your PS3 isn't freezing, breaking down or malfunctioning in any way then I wouldn't see why you'd throw it out.

Wouldn't hurt to take an air gun and get rid of some of that dust though ;D

Shoeberto
07-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Yeah that's just blu-rays. They're compacting a lot of data on to a single disc so it wouldn't surprise me that the rainbow-y patterns are a result of the technique they're using. But it's something I've noticed on my blu-rays, too, so it's probably not anything to worry about.