PDA

View Full Version : HD Remake

Carl the Llama
07-07-2011, 12:33 AM
If you could choose 1 game, only 1 game for an HD remake (whist keeping the original game itself intact/unchanged) what would you choose?

For me, I think the game I would most love to see in glorious HD is Breath of Fire IV, it is such an awesome game and to be able to play as Ryu in HD would just be simply amazing imo.

Choose only 1 game :p

NorthernChaosGod
07-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Xenogears, but I would demand extras. I think it'd be pretty neat to have the entire game look better than the old FMV sequences.

VeloZer0
07-07-2011, 01:53 AM
Chrono Trigger. Not because I think it especially needs it, but because out of everything I feel a HD cell-shaded version would come as close to capturing the original magic as any game could.

Rostum
07-07-2011, 03:09 AM
Final Fantasy VII.

Nah just trollin'.

Um... Definitely Riven. DEFINITELY. Even though they are photo-realistic rendered images, they are at a low resolution and I'd really love to see it in real time (like realMyst) and since we have the technology we can have it photo realistic also.

Edit: Btw talking about a realRiven HD is making me really excited.

Edit 2: And they should have Tim Larkin, Jack Wall and Robyn Miller all collaborating on the soundtrack. Because without them, it's not Myst!

Pike
07-07-2011, 05:08 AM
http://a.yfrog.com/img734/9484/phod.jpg

(yeah that's right, I'm picking a strategy game for hi-def, deal with it~)

NorthernChaosGod
07-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Chrono Trigger. Not because I think it especially needs it, but because out of everything I feel a HD cell-shaded version would come as close to capturing the original magic as any game could.

This would be my second choice, although I may not agree with the style.

Iceglow
07-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Hmm, one game of all games to get a HD remake whilst keeping the original the game the same. I could easily say Halo CE but thats being done as we speak. Vagrant Story would be my choice, it had some of the best PS1 graphics the system could produce but in HD it'd be amazingly good looking.

Loony BoB
07-07-2011, 02:08 PM
http://a.yfrog.com/img734/9484/phod.jpg

(yeah that's right, I'm picking a strategy game for hi-def, deal with it~)
Oddly enough, of the games mentioned so far in this thread, this is the one I'd like to see most. But I'd much prefer a sequel.

As for me, well, it's a tough call, that's for sure. I was thinking Morrowind, but I'll wait 'til after Skyrim to decide on that one. Going in line with the strategy games, there's also the old school Warcraft games that would look great in HD. Dune II would also be pretty good, although that would need a lot of work to the gameplay as well. But I miss fun RTS games and Dune II / Warcraft II/III were my favourites for that. It would be nice to see an HD version of The Longest Journey/Dreamfall, purely on the basis that it might make them more likely to finally start working on Dreamfall: Chapters so I can find out what happens next (epic stories should never end in cliffhangers, it's so freaking mean :().

Of my favourite games, though, I think shooters and RPGs would benefit the most from the actual HD updates. With that in mind, I'll say that I'd love to see HD remakes of the early Final Fantasy games, particularly FFV (made fully 3D with the HD graphics), Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (not to be confused with the Quake version), Freelancer and - obviously - the original Dune game (the RPG).

Shattered Dreamer
07-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Final Fantasy VIII I'd love to see in HD, THQ doing a HD version of WWF Smackdown 1 & 2 would be great too but totally unlikely

Loony BoB
07-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Final Fantasy VIII I'd love to see in HD
Of all the 3D Final Fantasy games, I agree that this one would benefit the most from an HD release.

Polnareff
07-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Mega Man Legends 2. It's already in the top ten for me as far as best-looking PSX games go; imagine what it'd look like in HD!

Rostum
07-07-2011, 09:52 PM
HD version of The Longest Journey/Dreamfall

YES PLEASE.

Skyblade
07-08-2011, 04:43 PM
X-Com, UFO defense.

Considering the new "sequel" is a third-person shooter, I'd much rather take an HD port.

Pike
07-08-2011, 04:51 PM
X-Com, UFO defense.

Considering the new "sequel" is a third-person shooter, I'd much rather take an HD port.

http://www.theandroidscloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/90-300x229.jpg

Skyblade
07-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Yeah, it sort of destroys everything that is X-Com. I mean, none of the aliens are coming back (no Sectoids, no Chrysalids), there do not appear to be any random missions (there are different mission paths based on your choices, but that seems to be it), and there is no tactical combat. Oh, but we do have researching alien tech. So that makes it ok.

I would say Secret of Mana, but I would rather just get a straight port of that game. None of its sequels have done it justice, and it is one of the best SNES games ever, and it still has yet to grace my handheld.

Ooh, HD remake: Super Metroid. Just make it even prettier.

Pike
07-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Yeah, it sort of destroys everything that is X-Com. I mean, none of the aliens are coming back (no Sectoids, no Chrysalids), there do not appear to be any random missions (there are different mission paths based on your choices, but that seems to be it), and there is no tactical combat. Oh, but we do have researching alien tech. So that makes it ok.

I like you.

I'm going to go make an X-Com thread.

Del Murder
07-08-2011, 06:23 PM
I'd actually really like to see FFVI in 3D because it's my favorite game ever and I remember how excited I got when I first saw those 3D renderings of Locke, Terra, & Shadow in Nintendo Power all those years ago.

Bolivar
07-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Are we talking about HD upgrades or full blown remakes?

Former - Final Fantasy XII
Latter - Legacy of Kain: Defiance

Pike
07-09-2011, 06:00 AM
I'd actually really like to see FFVI in 3D because it's my favorite game ever and I remember how excited I got when I first saw those 3D renderings of Locke, Terra, & Shadow in Nintendo Power all those years ago.

I like this idea a lot.

Markus. D
07-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Valkyrie Profile with HD Sprites would be ... orgasmic!

Carl the Llama
07-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Are we talking about HD upgrades or full blown remakes?

Former - Final Fantasy XII
Latter - Legacy of Kain: Defiance

HD Upgrade.

Evastio
07-09-2011, 07:55 PM
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/161/zeldafacesofevilboxgy1.jpg

YES.

On a more serious note, I can't think of many games I'd want to see in HD since I'm prefer 2D pixellish games than 3D games.

But if I had to choose, it'd either be F-Zero GX or Star Wars Episode 1 Racer.

Chris
07-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Not really a remake, but more like a request. I want a Pokémon game in HD - it's time to amp it up, and renew the franchise. B&W was fun, but the changes were not enough if you ask me. We need something grander or the very least an option when it comes to the whole beat-all-the-gyms-and-some-evil-organization-and-challenge-the-Elite 4 routine. Give us an option to persue something different within the game. :(

As for a remake, I would love this little game called Necronomicon: The Dawning of Darkness to be upgraded to HD. I could die a happy man!

Shiny
07-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Advent Children was enough for me in HD, I think I would rather see FFVI in HD at this point.

Skyblade
07-10-2011, 04:37 AM
Not really a remake, but more like a request. I want a Pokémon game in HD - it's time to amp it up, and renew the franchise. B&W was fun, but the changes were not enough if you ask me. We need something grander or the very least an option when it comes to the whole beat-all-the-gyms-and-some-evil-organization-and-challenge-the-Elite 4 routine. Give us an option to persue something different within the game. :(

Go out and buy Pokemon Colliseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, both for the Gamecube.

DMKA
07-12-2011, 01:10 AM
BurgerTime

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2011, 05:25 AM
Super Metroid...but done in super high quality, ridiculously fluidly animated 1080P hand drawn art. Imagine all of the details and animation. I am already drooling.

Laddy
07-12-2011, 05:59 AM
FFVI, FFVII, and FFIX are my favorite FF's to not to get HD releases.

Yes, I want a FFVII remake.

Peegee
07-12-2011, 06:01 AM
pac man
pong
mario bros (not smb)
tetris
Track & Field II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Track_%26_Field_II)

Dignified Pauper
07-12-2011, 06:04 AM
ET (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_(video_game))

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2011, 06:14 AM
Does Pac-man DX Championship Edition, Pong the Next Level or Tetris Sphere count as HD considering their humble origins =P

Peegee
07-12-2011, 06:25 AM
they do. i misunderstood the thread to mean remake, not a graphical upgrade

for a gfx upgrade i suggest track and field 2, goof troop, and pokemon

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Don't those also count as a remake as well...of sorts >.> Maybe not Tetris Sphere but I think the other two count as modern day remakes =D Pong adds all sorts of awesome modes and 4 way multiplayer. Pacman Championship edition DX mixes it up with Ghost Trains and different modes as well... but sadly no mode to be the ghost ala Pacman Vs on Gamecube ;_;

Loony BoB
07-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Someday - eventually - they will make a Pokémon MMORPG. And when that happens, they will have the first game with the potential to out-subscribe World of Warcraft.

NOTE: Will only outsubscribe WoW if Nintendo take the leap and allow it to be played on PC as well as Nintendo boxes.

Dignified Pauper
07-12-2011, 03:23 PM

Why are people still posting anything at all. I think everyone should already be in agreement with me here.

Pike
07-12-2011, 04:20 PM

Why are people still posting anything at all. I think everyone should already be in agreement with me here.

I now vote this and Superman 64.

Rostum
07-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Someday - eventually - they will make a Pokémon MMORPG. And when that happens, they will have the first game with the potential to out-subscribe World of Warcraft.

NOTE: Will only outsubscribe WoW if Nintendo take the leap and allow it to be played on PC as well as Nintendo boxes.

I'm fairly sick of the Pokemon games, but I'd still at least try this out if it were to happen. I think it'd be a really cool idea, and I know millions of gamers want it.

It's just a shame Nintendo have their heads too far up their own butts to notice how much online gaming has grown, and what potential it posseses.

Miriel
07-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Omg, Pokemon MMORPG. I would LOVE that!

champagne supernova
07-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

EDIT: Just played a game called Passage, which falls into the can games be art category. Would be more epic in HD I think. Especially if thatgamecompany (guys who did Flower and are now doing Journey) did it.

Old Manus
07-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Fallout 1 & 2
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Parappa the Rappa

More to come.

Laddy
07-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Fallout 1 & 2

Yes! Just get rid of the goddamn shooter elements from the last two.

Also, Mana games.

Roogle
07-18-2011, 11:49 PM
For me, I think the game I would most love to see in glorious HD is Breath of Fire IV, it is such an awesome game and to be able to play as Ryu in HD would just be simply amazing imo.

I agree. Breath of Fire IV would benefit very well from an HD remake. The world design and character design of Breath of Fire IV was very well done and I felt like I was actually traversing through an entire world rather than highlights of a realm.