PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Rhythm

Depression Moon
07-07-2011, 02:51 AM
http://www.ff-versusxiii.net/images/media/4e1a76ff_Theatrhythm-Final-Fantasy-Logo-Artwork.png

3DS Final Fantasy Rhythm Game Announced (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/06/final_fantasy_rhythm/)

Rostum
07-07-2011, 03:26 AM
I think the art in the game looks incredibly awesome and cute, and despite thinking "Oh good lord" at the idea of an FF DDR I'd probably get it if it were cheap enough.

Shaibana
07-07-2011, 06:32 PM
This is really not my cup of thea, and i simply dont like this.

Though i would love to borrow it just to play Comso Canyon theme song :P (if its in it)

Bastian
07-07-2011, 08:28 PM
I saw this yesterday and at first I was extremely annoyed at S-E. The FF game they promised to the 3DS a year ago is a freaking RHYTHYM game?! SO ANGRY! I was expecting something more along the lines of FF 4 Heros (throwback to old FF but with pretty new graphics) or at least the overdue 3D remake of FF5 or 6. But, no. A freaking RHYTHYM game.

But then the more I read about it... the more I realized it might be half decent. It has an actual story (returning light to a crystal or something typically FF) and has towns/dungeons/fights (lined up on the side like old FF games). It's just that instead of selecting FIGHT or MAGIC or DEFEND you play a rhythym game? Not usually my cup of tea, but I might give it a go. If we find out more and it seems fully fleshed out.

Mercen-X
07-07-2011, 11:02 PM
I would snog anything FF. If I had a 3DS, I would buy this.

Loony BoB
07-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Not my thing, really. I'd sooner spend money on a soundtrack to the game and tap my fingers along to that without the need for it turning into a game.

Wolf Kanno
07-09-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm a whore for Rhythm games, so I find this quite appealing. Its looks adorable too, and its kind of cool you get to play as super chibi munchkin versions of Dissidia characters. I may not buy a 3DS just for this, but if I get one later down the road and find this game in a bargain bin, I'll pick it up.

Depression Moon
07-11-2011, 01:49 AM
Final Fantasy's become another Mario.

Bastian
07-11-2011, 09:26 PM
The plot thickens... literally.

Official Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Screenshots (http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/07/11/theatrhythm_ff_screens/)

Each FF from 1-13 will have it's own section where you play as characters from that game in that world. Okay, I'm slightly interested now, if only to play as Cecil/Kain/Edge/Rydia again. And the guys and gals from FF5 and 6.

Mo-Nercy
07-13-2011, 02:36 PM
I like the concept as I'm a fan of rhythm games. I'd definitely get it if I had a 3DS.

Rebellious Eagle
07-15-2011, 06:28 PM
It sounds like fun but if this was their big project for the 3DS then I'm sorely disappointed. I might as well check it out anyway, though.

SuperMillionaire
07-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Pretty interesting, but what I'd really like to see is the characters having a musical sing-along like in those broadway musicals and on Glee, or perhaps the Atlantican musical in Kingdom Hearts II. I'd love to see that!

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2011, 07:52 PM
^ That would be crossing the line for me. I would have a hard time looking at some FF characters again (especially villains) if I had to be mentally reminded they did a musical in another game.

SuperMillionaire
07-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Aw, come on, it's not canonical. They wouldn't do this in their native games, but this isn't a native game. This is a non-canonical spin-off created for the purposes of cuteness and humor, so why not? Besides, Yuna was a pop star already anyway in X-2, so why wouldn't you want her to sing in this game?

Depression Moon
07-21-2011, 07:38 PM
You're acting like someone actually liked that part of X-2.

Wolf Kanno
07-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Aw, come on, it's not canonical. They wouldn't do this in their native games, but this isn't a native game. This is a non-canonical spin-off created for the purposes of cuteness and humor, so why not? Besides, Yuna was a pop star already anyway in X-2, so why wouldn't you want her to sing in this game?

It doesn't matter if its not canonical, just knowing in the back of my head it exists would be enough to make me take a trip to Japan and slap every employee of Squenix for being a part of that.

No... just no...

SuperMillionaire
08-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Oh my... Okay then, perhaps just Yuna will sing, and everybody else won't, then?

Wolf Kanno
08-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Let's not repeat the awful mistake that is Final Fantasy X-2.

Jessweeee♪
08-05-2011, 12:46 AM
http://www.mobiletor.com/images/destiny%27s-groove-child.jpg

Hot Shot
08-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Yep it's only the start. Soon there'll be an FF racing game, which, in all honesty would be awesome!

SuperMillionaire
08-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Yep it's only the start. Soon there'll be an FF racing game, which, in all honesty would be awesome!

Actually, there was a Chocobo Racing game that came out several years back... hope they make a sequel.

qwertysaur
08-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Gameplay looks to be similar to Elite Beat Agents. Looks to be quite interesting. :p

If I had to hazard a guess the characters are going to be the same as those in Dissidia 012. :p

Hot Shot
08-31-2011, 04:54 PM

Actually, there was a Chocobo Racing game that came out several years back... hope they make a sequel.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I think I only played it once (can't remember much about it though)

Gameplay looks to be similar to Elite Beat Agents. Looks to be quite interesting. :p

If I had to hazard a guess the characters are going to be the same as those in Dissidia 012. :p

Most definately. I mean, Cosmos and Chaos are in the logo for the game.

I think it'll be a fun little game to have if you're bored or something. But I'm not buying a 3DS until the price drops significantly. So, fingers crossed, when this comes out the price should be a tadbit cheaper.

Del Murder
09-02-2011, 07:43 PM
I think my girlfriend fiancée would like this game.

Just looking out for you - J

SuperMillionaire
09-03-2011, 12:40 AM

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I think I only played it once (can't remember much about it though)

Most definately. I mean, Cosmos and Chaos are in the logo for the game.

I think it'll be a fun little game to have if you're bored or something. But I'm not buying a 3DS until the price drops significantly. So, fingers crossed, when this comes out the price should be a tadbit cheaper.

The price just dropped $80, from $250 to $170.

Jiro
09-03-2011, 02:14 AM
Looking at some of the screenshots, it looks like it'll be kind of cool. Form a party of FF heroes and run around fighting by tapping in rhythm etc.

Rostum
09-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Trailer Shows Off Gameplay (http://www.1up.com/news/theatrhythm-final-fantasy-trailer-gameplay)

Jiro
09-13-2011, 05:30 AM
Aw yea :aimsun:

Del Murder
09-13-2011, 07:36 AM
FF meets Guitar Hero? Looks cool.

Bastian
09-15-2011, 04:24 AM
But I'm not buying a 3DS until the price drops significantly. So, fingers crossed, when this comes out the price should be a tadbit cheaper.

What? You mean MORE than the $80 drop that recently happened? Nintendo says there will not be any further price drops. This model will stay at $170. And I suspect in a year or so we'll see a new model with the second circle pad built in back up at the original $250 price.

nirojan
01-20-2012, 10:43 PM
I know this threads pretty dead by now, but I had some new info on the title. The game will be getting Paid DLC and there's apparently an icon for "Nintendo Network" on the front cover of the box-art. It may be Nintendo's rumored answer to PSN and XBL that they announced with the Wii-U.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Has Paid DLC and "Nintendo Network" Support -- Andriasang.com (http://andriasang.com/comzpx/theatrhythm_ff_nintendo_network/)