PDA

View Full Version : Games You Want a Sequel To

Pike
07-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Self-explanatory! BoB brought this up a bit in the remake thread, so I thought I'd make a thread specifically for sequels.

So my choice is obvious. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri needs either a sequel or a really good remake. On the other hand, the last I heard, I guess EA holds the rights, so I have a bad feeling about what might happen if they do attempt a sequel. Still, in Pike's Happy Dreamland of Dream Games, I want a SMAC sequel.

I also want a Super Mario RPG 2 that is not Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi. Not gonna lie: I want Geno back, mostly.

What about you guys?

Laddy
07-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Baldur's Gate 3, Chrono Blade, and Legend of Dragoon 2, please?

demondude
07-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Baldur's Gate 3

Loony BoB
07-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Dreamfall (oh God WHYYYYY has this not happened yet? :cry:</>)
Warcraft III (my hatred for WoW grows every moment that the Warcraft RTS series is left alone)

uhhhhmmmmmmm

Squarez (ha)

oh man, I totally need to write down a list of games I've played so I can better answer this thread. There are so many games I know need a sequel but I can't think of any right now for some reason. :( Is there a site that caters to that kind of thing?

NeoCracker
07-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Give me Breath of Fire VI please. :(

LunarWeaver
07-07-2011, 05:37 PM
I'd take a Lost Odyssey 2.

demondude
07-07-2011, 05:49 PM
I'd take a Lost Odyssey 2.

champagne supernova
07-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Vagrant Story 2
Freelancer 2 (maybe with a persistent MMORPG world like Eve)

EDIT: The more I see & read about Eve, the more I think it is the successor to Freelancer)

Pheesh
07-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Kingdom Hearts III Y_Y

Del Murder
07-07-2011, 07:16 PM
I also want a Super Mario RPG 2 that is not Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi. Not gonna lie: I want Geno back, mostly.
Hell yeah. SE and Nintendo should team back up.

Also another Chrono game please!

Slothy
07-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Self-explanatory! BoB brought this up a bit in the remake thread, so I thought I'd make a thread specifically for sequels.

So my choice is obvious. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri needs either a sequel or a really good remake. On the other hand, the last I heard, I guess EA holds the rights, so I have a bad feeling about what might happen if they do attempt a sequel. Still, in Pike's Happy Dreamland of Dream Games, I want a SMAC sequel.

What about you guys?

Everything you said is true and I approve of this post completely. As someone who is much more of a sci-fi fan than a history buff, the lack of an Alpha Centauri sequel when Civilization sequels and spin-offs continue to roll on makes me want to cry. And I like Civilization too.

Dreddz
07-07-2011, 07:34 PM
A lot of Sega's franchises deserve sequels. Shenmue (!!!), Shinobi, Jet Set, Phantasy Star (not the online stuff), Blazing Rangers and Panzer Dragon come to mind.

You have to wonder sometimes what the fuck Sega are doing lately.

Slothy
07-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Aside from re-releasing Genesis games on the PSN and making Valkyria Chronicles sequels I don't have a clue what Sega is doing lately. Mind you, I can't complain about VC sequels at least.

nirojan
07-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Mind you, I can't complain about VC sequels at least.

I CAN! Why is Sega killing us with PSP releases? I get it. PSP is the power house top selling system in Japan, but please make VC 4 for PS3 SEGA!!!! I miss the grand battles and lush detail that VC1 had. Dont get me wrong, VC2 is one of my favourite PSP titles, but I hate the "zone changing" thing it forces you to do to make the battles seem bigger.

NorthernChaosGod
07-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Xenogears (not fucking Xenosaga)
Chrono Cross
KoTOR II, a true sequel or at least a remake of it will all content included.

Rostum
07-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Grim Fandango 2, if only Double Fine could get the rights to it.

Also a third Chrono game could be awesome.

Mercen-X
07-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Chrono Trigger 2 & Chrono Cross 2

Kingdom Hearts III is taking too long

Breath of Fire

Star Ocean

Xenogears (even though I have yet to play it)

Steambot Chronicles (hopefully having an upgraded bot system)

Dissidia Final Fantasy (I know... I'm hated)

Vagrant Story

Legend of Dragoon (I wrote one after completing the game... it was pathetic... Dart and what's-her-name lived happily ever after and named their daughter after spoiler-dead Rose who has a pet chipmunk named Michael. Albert had a son who became a magician. Maru had a kid. Then there's my favorite character Zedekiah the new Dragoon of Darkness who wields twin swords. I couldn't write an actual story though)

Ehrgeiz, The Bouncer, Tobal No.1 etc.

Madame Adequate
07-08-2011, 12:20 AM
A lot of Sega's franchises deserve sequels. Shenmue (!!!), Shinobi, Jet Set, Phantasy Star (not the online stuff), Blazing Rangers and Panzer Dragon come to mind.

You have to wonder sometimes what the smurf Sega are doing lately.

Mah dude. *Brofist*

Polnareff
07-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Breath of Fire VI

Fighters' Megamix 2 (Sega has a lot more franchises to choose from now for this game. Last Bronx, Yakuza, Shenmue, Phantasy Star, Dynamite Cop, and many others.)

Tobal 3 (the closest we got to that was Kakuto Chojin :( )

Gotcha Force 2 (Gotcha Force was probably the best multiplayer game on Gamecube, but was tragically overlooked. Imagine one for Wii or Wii U!)

MadWorld 2

Rival Schools 3

Darkstalkers 4 (make it with the Street Fighter X Tekken engine!)

Guilty Gear X3

Romancing Saga 2 and 3 remakes (in the style of the PS2 RS1 remake and WITHOUT that shitty event rank shit please.....)

Paper Mario 3 (I suppose the 3DS game will have to do though it doesn't look interesting at all to me :( )

Jessweeee♪
07-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Mirror's Edge, Threads of Fate, TWEWY.

Threads of Fate is a safe no right now obviously, Square has interest in TWEWY, and with the 3DS it might actually happen, and I don't know wtf is going on with Mirror's Edge. In the last two years, hell just in 2011 alone, it's been "oh yeah we're making it" "nope we decided not to" "loljk we're working on it" "CANCELLED." I did some googling and as of E3 2011 it's in the maybe-definitely range.

Wolf Kanno
07-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Squenix:
Chrono Brake(3), Vagrant Story 2, FFT (Not TA), Dew Prism, Xenogears (at least make Episode 4 :() and a Seiken Denetsu game on par with 2 and 3. TWEWY

Capcom:
Darkstalkers 4, Breath of Fire VI, Mega Man X: Command Mission 2, a Devil May Cry game that is actually a sequel, not one you can't decide if its going to be a prequel or a reboot. :mad2:

Konami:
Snatcher, Zone of the Enders, (damn it Kojima! do you hear me? Leave MGS alone and get back to work on your other properties :argh: ) Suikoden VI

Atlus:
Persona 5, Shin Megami Tensei 5, and while you're at it, start porting some of the older games. You can't tell me it wouldn't be a simply matter of translating the SMT 1 and 2 remakes and not release them on PSN and whatever WiiU is using...

Nippon Ichi:
Makai Kingdom 2, and a Disgaea game where Laharl returns as the main characters, I don't care if the game is a spin-off but I love the little twerp more than the other main characters.

Monolith Soft:
Xenosaga 4

Sega:
Gitaroo Man 2, Shinobi 2, Madworld 2, Shenmu

VeloZer0
07-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Mega Man X: Command Mission 2
I find this exceedingly odd as the best part about the game was that the battle system was essentially a rip off of FF10's. (Well other than the fact you get to play as the MMX cast, but individual mileage on that one will vary)

Wolf Kanno
07-08-2011, 04:54 AM
Except your party doesn't one hit KO everything, and the game is actually challenging. Those are my main issues with X;s system, its lack of challenge pretty much destroys any ability to create strategy cause the game is too easy. Persona 3/4's combat system is also a variation if you know about the turn order button...

I Took the Red Pill
07-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Monster Party

edit: also I would love a modern version of Jet Moto.

G13
07-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Panzer Dragoon

Yes.

Pete for President
07-08-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm tired of sequels. The other day I was scrolling along the E3 game list and 80% of it were sequels. Do not want. :redface: I want new forms of gameplay and fresh original stories, not some slightly improved same old. Therefor I can not think of any game I'd like a sequel to.

Loony BoB
07-08-2011, 09:08 AM
A couple more I've remembered. The first two very old-school.

Jetpack (a 3D version of this would be interesting).
Excelsior (the amount of skills you could learn and the amount of variation you could have with your character creation made this game awesome).
Mark of Kri (I just loved this game for some reason, the fighting in particular was great fun).

champagne supernova
07-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Startopia. Remembered this one while I was sleeping. What a game.

Iceglow
07-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Front Mission but one that isn't a damn action game, I want SRPG with giant smurfing robots ok! tit think I was asking for the world on a plate there.

Vagrant Story definitely needs a sequel

Dead Rising 2 needs a proper sequel not more DLC/what if Frank West was the main character bollox, give me a new story capcom.

Jager an old xbox title which was a surprisingly challenging and yet fun space combat/aerial shooter, very underrated if you ask me could do with a nice new sequel.

Phantom Crash a unsurprisingly japanese take on a cross between mech warrior and gran turismo. You piloted your mech and in between competition bouts spread over a calendar you'd upgrade your various mech components. You could choose to make the guns really light and thus have much more ammo and greater fire rate in exchange for less damage per hit or heavy and thus have slower firing rates, lower ammo counts and yet one hit could total an enemy. Same went with bodies and wheels/legs. You also had to choose your companion which was a digital animal except it was also your targeting computer and so different animal companions provided not only different targeting solutions but different properties altogether. It was pretty darn pretty for an original Xbox title, definitely would work on the Xbox 360, though leave the Kinect sensor alone for this one, this one is so fast paced no one could keep up with it on kinect.

I'll also second Alpha Centauri, I loved the game though the alien races in the expansion were to be brutally honest very, very broken as in they were almost insanely unbalanced.

Burnout Paradise, they keep releasing DLC but frankly I want a NEW burnout game perhaps one where in multiplayer at least they keep the crash mode as it was complete with crash breakers.

Suidoken, yes please!

thats about it for now,

edit: no it's not....

COLONY WARS!

Levian
07-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Dark Cloud 3
Clock Tower 4
Chrono Something

Also wouldn't mind another of these old games:

Mystical Quest, Starring Mickey
SoulBlazer
Robotrek
Mystical Ninja

sharkythesharkdogg
07-08-2011, 12:21 PM

What about you guys?

Hell yeah. SE and Nintendo should team back up.

Also another Chrono game please!

Xenogears (not smurfing Xenosaga)
Chrono Cross
KoTOR II, a true sequel or at least a remake of it will all content included.

:up:

You guys just pretty much made my list.

Maybe add another Parasite Eve, if they do it right.

Slothy
07-08-2011, 12:49 PM
SoulBlazer

It was my understanding that this, along with Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma already formed a loosely connected trilogy of games.

Also, I completely forgot about a sequel to Mirror's Edge. I really want to see one of these eventually, though I'm not sure EA ever will without adding online, and I don't entirely trust them to not foul that up. Ironically, I had some ideas for making multiplayer work with Mirror's Edge movement controls but nothing that would feel like it made sense in the game universe.

Pike
07-08-2011, 04:10 PM
There is a lot of good stuff in this thread. I'm proud of you guys.

Now I'm going to toss in some things from Rare:

Jet Force Gemini sequel/revamp (just make it less of a collect-o-fest and update the graphics and I'm all over it)

Banjo-Threeie (not Nuts & Bolts)

Del Murder
07-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Well, on the subject of Rare, how about another Perfect Dark game.

And more Conker please. Conker's BFD was probably the last great game for N64.

Ultima Shadow
07-08-2011, 06:45 PM

Baldur's Gate 3

TWEWY

Xenosaga 4...and a Xenosaga 5 and 6, or perhaps most of all - a complete remake of the whole series with 3's designs and battlesystem through all the games etc.

...and finally, a Valkyrie Profile 3.

ljkkjlcm9
07-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Definitely TWEWY
And how about Star tropics(NES)

THE JACKEL

Del Murder
07-09-2011, 05:36 AM
They made Star Tropics 2...

Rase
07-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Super Metroid. None of this Other M or Metroid Fusion crap, a true sequel in feel and atmosphere.

ljkkjlcm9
07-09-2011, 01:14 PM
They made Star Tropics 2...

Lol yes but that was also NES. I mean one now, like they did a boy and his blob.

THE JACKEL

Shattered Dreamer
07-10-2011, 01:54 PM
ZOE 3, a proper Crash Bandicoot sequel, and Red Dead Redemption had better be getting a sequel also!

Araciel
07-10-2011, 04:49 PM
any baldur's gate or kotor game won't use the proper system anymore so they will be maddening or saddening..

What about something classy like Jumping Flash! 2... I always wanted an HD or remake or something SOMETHING to match the awesomeness.

Quindiana Jones
07-10-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm sure I've said this between four and twenty-nine thousand times, but I would kill for a Star Wars: Republic Commando 2. Where is Sev? WHERE THE HELL IS SEV?!

NorthernChaosGod
07-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Jet Force Gemini sequel/revamp (just make it less of a collect-o-fest and update the graphics and I'm all over it)

I'm sure I've said this between four and twenty-nine thousand times, but I would kill for a Star Wars: Republic Commando 2. Where is Sev? WHERE THE HELL IS SEV?!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS. I would absolutely love new versions of these games. I loved Jet Force Gemini when I was younger and Republic Commando is one of the the best Star Wars games ever.