07-07-2011, 06:04 PM
http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/Automilf/1302452568408.jpg
:cry:

Quindiana Jones
07-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Poor dog. :(

Shlup
07-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I have no idea what that is, but I think I'm supposed to be offended.

Peegee
07-07-2011, 07:47 PM
I can't stop laughing because I just imagined how that would be feasible irl (and it would involve ramps and keanu reaves)

Quindiana Jones
07-07-2011, 08:16 PM
A massive catapult strapped to the back of a shark would do it.

It would need to be a MEGASHARK, however. And the GIANT OCTOPUS would have to clean up the mess.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-07-2011, 09:56 PM
So THAT'S what happened to the other two Big Bens. Every time I asked my old history teacher about it, she looked at me like I was an idiot.

Shorty
07-07-2011, 10:19 PM
I want to "like" Shlup's post.

Iceglow
07-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Hey MILF! You weren't there man! You weren't there, you don't know what it was like!

Actually this made me laugh and it's the kind of thing what points out the major differences between us Brits and our American counterparts, 9/11 jokes make you mad because y'know terrorism on American soil and what not. Us guys, bombs by the same people and the jokes are just plain funny and even more funny BECAUSE they're offensive.

Rebellious Eagle
07-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I have no idea what's going, either.

Iceglow
07-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Explanation found here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_2005_London_bombings)

champagne supernova
07-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Explanation found here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_2005_London_bombings)

It makes me sad that an explanation is actually required. Does American media know there are other countries besides America and the ones America is/were bombing.

Loony BoB
07-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Eh, I don't really get massive thrills out of making fun of the death of innocents, but maybe that's just me. I know Brits don't get offended as easily as Americans do, but I guess there are lines somewhere for everyone, and mocking the dead is past mine. I don't think that the image shown really mocks them, mind you. But it does marginalise the idea of remembering the lives that were lost, which is kind of meh for me. I don't really care on any major level, though. What people get their amusement out of is up to them.

On the note of America vs. Brits and how easily offended they are... George Michael being caught showing his dick off in a cubicle meaning he should suddenly be considered evil and lose all his sales? I never understood that. Apparently he's never done well in America since. I mean, I don't listen to much George Michael, but after reading about the whole thing somewhere I always found it to be a good way to look at the differences between how Brits and Americans differ in their reactions. Brits found it funny, Americans were horrified.

I Don't Need A Name
07-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Have to say, I love the way that if any of us mentioned that we had no idea what 9/11 was then everyone would be repulsed with us. However, it seems, quite a few people don't know what 7/7 is. Some ignorancy going on here, me thinks. As champagne supernova said, there are other countries than America.

NorthernChaosGod
07-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Wait, some people really don't know about that? I actually find that pretty disgusting taking into consideration the overwhelming support that England had for the US after 9/11.

Madame Adequate
07-08-2011, 12:01 AM
I have no idea what that is, but I think I'm supposed to be offended.

I'm offended that you don't know. :colbert:

Hey MILF! You weren't there man! You weren't there, you don't know what it was like!

Actually this made me laugh and it's the kind of thing what points out the major differences between us Brits and our American counterparts, 9/11 jokes make you mad because y'know terrorism on American soil and what not. Us guys, bombs by the same people and the jokes are just plain funny and even more funny BECAUSE they're offensive.

Nah, plenty of Americans laugh at 9/11 shit, even on this forum. Though plenty don't and have sobbing bald eagles superimposed on massive American flags, so take from it what you will.

It makes me sad that an explanation is actually required. Does American media know there are other countries besides America and the ones America is/were bombing.

It is pretty awful, given how we've supported the US since 9/11 despite misgivings on the part of the public.

DMKA
07-08-2011, 02:29 AM
Have to say, I love the way that if any of us mentioned that we had no idea what 9/11 was then everyone would be repulsed with us.

Actually everyone I know, self included, would just laugh at you.

I'm laughing right now, in fact.

I Don't Need A Name
07-08-2011, 02:33 AM
That wasn't saying that I don't know what it is, I was making a comparison ¬.¬

DMKA
07-08-2011, 02:36 AM
That wasn't saying that I don't know what it is, I was making a comparison ¬.¬

Oh yeah, I know that. :bigsmile:

I Don't Need A Name
07-08-2011, 02:42 AM
Just wanted to add some well placed trolling?

Jentleness
07-08-2011, 03:19 AM
The only thing that offends me about this thread is the tendency that some people have to make sweeping generalizations about a nation's people. Not all Americans think, feel, believe, talk, act, and react the same way! I am quite certain this is true for all people of all nations. I do remember the 7/7 bombings in London, I remember contacting all my friends in England to ensure that they were safe (even the ones not living in London, just to be sure). It was a tragedy on the same level as 9/11 and I was saddened for Britain's loss. :kaoupset:

Also, I think the pic of Big Ben with the double-decker buses protruding from it to be smurfing hilarious! :kaoclove:

G13
07-08-2011, 05:39 AM
It seems a few people forgotten and have therefore gone against the very purpose of this thread they have posted in. This offends me. I am offended.

Rebellious Eagle
07-08-2011, 06:01 AM
I was maybe like...10 when that happened? And I never heard about it on the news or anything. But it's a real shame...belated, I know.

Pheesh
07-08-2011, 06:44 AM
I didn't know what it was...but I try to stray from all things British.

Laddy
07-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I remember them all right! I was very young so I don't recall much details, but I certainly remember.

AND I SHAN'T FORGETZ.

Rantz
07-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I didn't know what it was...but I try to stray from all things British.

Who doesn't, honestly?

Old Manus
07-08-2011, 02:39 PM
That actually happened, but the Government covered it up. THE MILLENIUM EYE DIDN'T JUST ROTATE 360 DEGREES ALL BY ITSELF! THE GOVERNMENT NEEDED A REASON TO RECALL PETER MANDELSON! DOUBLE DECKER BUSES BURN AT 4000 DEGREES CELSIUS! CONTROLLED TICKET BARRIERS! Q33 NY! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Pike
07-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I remember this. You guys can get offended at me anyway, if you'd like. After all, what're friends for?

Iceglow
07-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Ok guys, let me point out you were not 10 when this happened unless you're currently 16. This happened as is pointed out in my link previously posted explaining this that the bombings took place on 7/7/2005 thats POST 9/11 if people remember 9/11 they should remember 7/7. Of course the way military cutting is going on over here, this is soon going to be how long Britain can field an aircraft carrier at sea for, 7 days a week, 7 weeks a year. Even then it won't have it's own planes xD

Loony BoB
07-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Ok guys, let me point out you were not 10 when this happened unless you're currently 16.
Luckily, the only person who claimed to be ten at the time is currently 16. :smash:

Iceglow
07-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Ok guys, let me point out you were not 10 when this happened unless you're currently 16.
Luckily, the only person who claimed to be ten at the time is currently 16. :smash:

Hmm smashy smashy on me? Oh don't get started Towns otherwise I'd have Psy set up the thunderdome, though that ends unfairly when one superadmin bans my ass....guess I might as well take the smashy smashy and live with tit.

Quindiana Jones
07-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Out of everyone in the entire world, I would think that the dead are the people who would mind jokes about them the least.

Pheesh
07-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's the dead people that you should worry about offending. Not that I think this thread is offensive or anything, it's just that seems like a kinda stupid thing to say :/

Psychotic
07-10-2011, 07:27 PM
My favourite thing from that day was a response I saw online. "Al-Qaeda says Britain is now trembling with fear?" and then a photo of London utterly flattened in WWII. "Are you taking the piss? The Germans destroyed a damn sight more than a couple of bloody trains and they couldn't break us, what hope do you useless wankstains have?"

Sums up the spirit of my nation beautifully :cry:

Old Manus
07-10-2011, 07:32 PM
http://thmg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/Offkorn/th_emot-911.gif

Quindiana Jones
07-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's the dead people that you should worry about offending. Not that I think this thread is offensive or anything, it's just that seems like a kinda stupid thing to say :/

Oh tit, well now I feel a fool for saying such a terrible thing.

EDIT: Also, are those Monopoly men and pigeons falling out of the buses?

Psychotic
07-10-2011, 07:56 PM
It's the Fat Controller Sir Topham Hatt himself.

Iceglow
07-11-2011, 12:05 AM
My favourite thing from that day was a response I saw online. "Al-Qaeda says Britain is now trembling with fear?" and then a photo of London utterly flattened in WWII. "Are you taking the piss? The Germans destroyed a damn sight more than a couple of bloody trains and they couldn't break us, what hope do you useless wankstains have?"

Sums up the spirit of my nation beautifully :cry:

It does indeed. I certainly know no Londoners who were quaking with fear and well frankly you of all people know Paul, that I was due to have been on the Liverpool Street train that got hit because I was meant to be going to a job interview that day, thankfully the interview got postponed the day before the blasts due to my interviewer taking ill. I'm quite grateful that they did get sick and postpone my interview because you know, being killed or maimed by a bomb blast would really have ruined my day. week or even maybe my month or year.

Quindiana Jones
07-11-2011, 05:44 PM
That'd definitely be something of a nuisance. Especially for the job interview, which you would probably have had to miss.

Pheesh
07-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Would have made for a pretty awesome story though.