PDA

View Full Version : Fake People

Yar
07-09-2011, 12:05 AM
I hear a lot of people bitching about other people being fake, but I don't know exactly what "fake" means. To be honest, the people who claim they hate these fake people are often very similar the the fake people they hate, so I wonder if they too are fake?

Ehh, I just call people douchebags and judge from there. :love:

rubah
07-09-2011, 12:39 AM
maybe it's a synonym for "superficial"

my dad and I have a stereotype we refer to as the "AMMAGAAAAAAAAAAAHD"s. It's probably exactly what you think.

Jentleness
07-09-2011, 12:45 AM
maybe it's a synonym for "superficial"

my dad and I have a stereotype we refer to as the "AMMAGAAAAAAAAAAAHD"s. It's probably exactly what you think.

Are these stereotypical peoplez from the valley, Rubah? :kaoyatta:

Iceglow
07-09-2011, 12:45 AM
I guess most people using the stereotype "fake" are using it to label someone as a poser or similar. Essentially if someone claims they're a deadly ninja and they're not but they're serious then they're fake.

That or maybe they're just referring to girls who wear so much makeup it's a mask and have plasticated titties.

AngelWings8
07-09-2011, 12:56 AM
When I use the term fake, it's usually because someone tries to make it seem like they're someone they're not. They'll talk about things they have no interest in, pretend to know stuff that they're totally BSing...stuff like that. Just to appear cool or so that more people will like them.

Shlup
07-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Spend fifteen minutes with my sister's friends and you'll know what "fake" means. You should've seen them yesterday, just reaming each other via her FB status--only the swear words were spelled right! Those kids switch allegiances like Tyrells.

Shorty
07-09-2011, 03:09 AM
I deem "fake" people as those who contradict themselves/their desires to "fit in".

Shiny
07-09-2011, 04:14 AM
My friend and I went on the tit stained C train today after dinner and spoke about a phony person. He has a lot of "friends" because he is generally very happy hyper nice to everyone he meets and acts like he's known them for forever when in fact he just met them a few days ago. It's weird. I started laughing because my friend spoke about him bringing a chicken in to class. A whole chicken and then proceeded to remove his shoes because apparently he can only eat chicken if he is barefoot. So imagined him as a crazed lemur or squirrel. I imagined a scenario where someone came up to him in class while he is eating the chicken. Then he just hisses and runs up a tree.

Heh...so I guess my definition of a fake person is a person who pretends to like everyone they meet or what Shorty said.

Del Murder
07-09-2011, 06:37 AM
The rule of thumb is that if they don't jiggle, they're fake. It takes some practice but it's not hard to spot.

G13
07-09-2011, 06:41 AM
The rule of thumb is that if they don't jiggle, they're fake. It takes some practice but it's not hard to spot.

Shades required. :cool:

Iceglow
07-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah no shades and you suddenly get given filthy looks. Oh boy can that be embarrassing! I've seen a guy doing it and just getting absolutely reamed by the girl and her mates for doing so. I was embarrassed for him it was that bad.

Unless of course she's checking back, then check all you like. Hell approach her, maybe she'll let you get a hands on check.

Remon
07-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Hypocrites I guess.

Markus. D
07-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Some of the most boring people; some of my best friends. HAH! <3

Dreddz
07-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Being "fake" is actually beneficial to just about everyone. A world where everyone says what they think and openly displays their emotions would lead to all sorts of problems. Being "fake" holds negative connotations but it isn't a bad thing seeing as just about everyone is fake to some degree.

I just assumed people that call others fake are just bitter about their social status and want an excuse for not being popular as them.

Christmas
03-11-2022, 04:41 AM
I dun mind fake ppl as long as they hang out with me and warm up my cold lonely night. :(

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2022, 03:51 PM
Housefires can warm up any lonely night.

Del Murder
03-11-2022, 07:24 PM
You know what, I agree with Christmas. Nobody wants to know or cares about who we really are. Our fake personas keep each other entertained and less lonely, so let 'er rip.

Dr. Acula
03-12-2022, 01:06 AM
You know what, I agree with Christmas. Nobody wants to know or cares about who we really are. Our fake personas keep each other entertained and less lonely, so let 'er rip.

This is simultaneously the most depressing and life-affirming thing I've ever read.