PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Screen Name Tournament - FINAL: o_O vs. Rad Bromance!

Agent Proto
07-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Is it that time again? It appears it just might be, however this time things will be a little different from your usual screen name tournaments. This one features all the winners of past tourneys including several screen names that have done well in past competitions despite not winning it. So, it's like a championship for champions, the all-star tournament if you will. It's the All-Star Screen Name Tournament. Instead of the usual 128 screen names which consists mostly of current members' screen names, we have 32 screen names that have won, so there's a very good chance you may not see your name chosen because of this.

Anyway, this is the first round of this new and exciting tournament. There are four divisions consisting of eight names each. Your task for the first round is to send me your votes via Mognet Message. You can choose up to three names in each division. The four screen names with the most votes in each division will advance to the next round. It's that simple! :)

Let's get started...

Round One

Bandits Division
41-Inches-Wide
Crunchy Beverage
Death by Moogles
Flying Mullet
Jessweeee♪
Rad Bromance
Supergyration!
The Shoeless Hobo

Returners Division
Big Ogre Umaro
boris no no
Del Murder
Del Snizz
Meat Puppet
Mr Twisticles
Not At All Reno
Rydia of Mist

Warriors Division
Aexoden
I'm my own MILF
Kawaii Ryûkishi
Loony BoB
Mikztsu
Mo-Nercy³
mystic ice cube
ShlupQuack

Lionhearts Division
Agent Proto
Chickencha
edczxcvbnm
Hypoallergenic Cactuar
I Took the Red Pill
Melted Snowman
o_O
Ouch!

You have two days to send in your votes in the first round. So, that will be by 12:00 PM on July 11, EST.

You are free to start discussions.

Melissaur
07-09-2011, 05:30 PM
YAY!

Remon
07-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah! I had an easier time making a decision this time. :p

Agent Proto
07-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Hopefully more people will notice this thread in due time. :p

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Holy crap, this is going to be hard voting for only three from each division.

Jessweeee♪
07-10-2011, 03:48 PM
So much competition!

Del Murder
07-10-2011, 05:40 PM
I like the division names.

Rebellious Eagle
07-10-2011, 05:43 PM
How come I'm never in these things? xD ahhh well.

Agent Proto
07-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Yeah, you were in some of them, so maybe you missed them while you were away. :p

Also, let's move this to General Chat to generate interest. Seems better that way.

G13
07-10-2011, 10:12 PM
The division names. :up:

Remon
07-10-2011, 10:35 PM
The best ones are in the Bandits division :thumb:

I Took the Red Pill
07-10-2011, 10:42 PM
This has only reminded me of awesome people that I miss :(

Agent Proto
07-11-2011, 02:49 AM
It would be helpful if I could get more votes in though. :P

Mo-Nercy
07-11-2011, 11:11 AM
³

It doesn't mean anything! How did I win in the first place!?

Agent Proto
07-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Not many of you are voting. What's wrong everybody?

Loony BoB
07-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Yeah, it took some convincing to get the votes in for the Ciddies, too.

Agent Proto
07-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Two of the four divisions are pretty tight and I only have ten votes so far. Let's try to get a few more in before the round closes.

NorthernChaosGod
07-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Bug people in PMs and usernotes.

Agent Proto
07-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Ok, I gave enough extension for Round 1 voting, so I'm closing them now and here are the results of round 1! Remember, the top four in each division advances to the next round!

Let's take a look at the results. :D

Round One Results

Bandits Division
Death by Moogles..||||\| (6)
Crunchy Beverage..||||\ (5)
Flying Mullet.....||||\ (5)
Rad Bromance......||||\ (5)
Jessweeee♪........||| (3)
41-Inches-Wide....|| (2)
The Shoeless Hobo.| (1)
Supergyration!.... (0)

Returners Division
Mr Twisticles...||||\| (6)
Del Murder......||||\ (5)
Meat Puppet.....|||| (4)
Not At All Reno.|||| (4)
Del Snizz.......||| (3)
boris no no.....|| (2)
Rydia of Mist...|| (2)
Big Ogre Umaro..| (1)

Warriors Division
I'm my own MILF.||||\|||| (9)
Mo-Nercy³.......||||\| (6)
mystic ice cube.||||\| (6)
ShlupQuack......||||\ (5)
Kawaii Ryûkishi.| (1)
Loony BoB.......| (1)
Aexoden......... (0)
Mikztsu......... (0)

Lionhearts Division
I Took the Red Pill....||||\| (6)
o_O....................||||\| (6)
Ouch!..................|||| (4)
Hypoallergenic Cactuar.|||* (3)
Chickencha.............||| (3)
edczxcvbnm.............||| (3)
Agent Proto............|| (2)
Melted Snowman.........|| (2)

Looks good so far. Of the four divisions, the Lionhearts Division was pretty darn close, especially for that final spot with a three-way tie, broken by Del's sweetheart Miriel, who gave HC the boost to move on. So, of the 16 moving on, 5 of the screen names are not yet in the Screen Name Hall of Fame. If one of them ends up winning, there's a good chance we'll add the name into the Hall of Fame and retire it from future tournaments.

Now for round two, we'll be mixing things up a bit, as you can see, the names have been scrambled and ended up in different divisions, besides the leaders of course. Also, you will be voting for ONE name from each division, rather than choosing three. The top two names will advance to the next round.

It's ROUND TWO...

Bandits Division
Death by Moogles
Del Murder
mystic ice cube
Hypoallergenic Cactuar

Returners Division
Mr Twisticles
Mo-Nercy³
Ouch!
Rad Bromance

Warriors Division
I'm my own MILF
o_O
Flying Mullet
Not At All Reno

Lionhearts Division
I Took the Red Pill
Crunchy Beverage
Meat Puppet
ShlupQuack

Voting will take about two days, so it may end by 5:30 PM EST on July 13. You may Mognet Message me to vote.

NorthernChaosGod
07-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Voted! :monster:

Remon
07-12-2011, 12:49 AM
##Vote : Done.

Agent Proto
07-12-2011, 01:10 AM
While voting is on way, maybe we should start some discussions. What names are your favorites so far and who do you want to see advance?

NorthernChaosGod
07-12-2011, 01:42 AM
Death by Moogles FTW.

Remon
07-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Mo-Nercy and ShlupQuack, because they're catchy and fun to say. :D

Mo-Nercy
07-12-2011, 11:08 AM
I had hoped edczxcvbnm would make it through.

I also like Rad Bromance. I like what he did with the letter swapping thing. Very clever.

Loony BoB
07-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Gutted at the departures of Shoeless Hobo, Snizz, edc and Snowman. Still gunning for mystic ice cube and Not At All Reno (probably won't win, but I love the usernames). Happy to see that for the most part, the names that I felt didn't really belong in this contest - mine included - have dropped out. Now for a proper battle of the titans! :) I think Ouch!, despite doing not as well in the earlier round as others in his group, still stands a chance for an upset here. Also, Bandits Division is easily the toughest group. Probably was in the first round, too.

Agent Proto
07-12-2011, 09:12 PM
seven votes in for round 2. Let's try to get some more in!

Del Murder
07-13-2011, 03:10 AM
Wow, only one vote per group of four? This may get ugly.

Psychotic
07-13-2011, 04:47 PM
One vote for the Shoeless Hobo. I could cry tears of joy. This is how it ought to be!

Agent Proto
07-13-2011, 06:11 PM
This is what I like to see! An increase of votes in this round. :) Looks like I may end voting a little earlier today so keep sending in your votes if you haven't already.

Agent Proto
07-14-2011, 01:24 AM
Well, it looks like I won't be getting any further votes in this round, so let's end it shall we? Let's see the results!

Round Two Results

Bandits Division
Death by Moogles.......||||\| (6)
Del Murder.............||| (3)*
mystic ice cube........||| (3)
Hypoallergenic Cactuar.| (1)

Returners Division
Rad Bromance..|||\|| (7)
Ouch!.........|||| (4)
Mo-Nercy³.....|| (2)
Mr Twisticles.| (1)

Warriors Division
o_O.............||||\|| (7)
I'm my own MILF.|||| (4)
Not At All Reno.|| (2)
Flying Mullet... (0)

Lionhearts Division
Crunchy Beverage....||||\| (6)
I Took the Red Pill.|||| (4)
ShlupQuack..........|| (2)
Meat Puppet.........| (1)

Not bad, not bad. The top two from each division will advance. Of the four divisions, the Lionhearts Division was the closest for most of the round between the top two. And there was even a tie for the second spot in the Bandits Division, with Del Murder winning the tiebreaker vote by Pike! And that's that for the last round.

The next round features the top eight names, and yet there is still at least one name that is not in Screen Name Hall of Fame. That honor goes to Ouch!, and if the name wins it, we will officially add him to the HoF. Good luck to him and the others.

Now it's Round Three

Bandits Division
Death by Moogles
I Took the Red Pill

Returners Division
Rad Bromance
I'm my own MILF

Warriors Division
o_O
Del Murder

Lionhearts Division
Crunchy Beverage
Ouch!

For easier voting...

1. Death by Moogles
1. I Took the Red Pill
2. Rad Bromance
2. I'm my own MILF
3. o_O
3. Del Murder
4. Crunchy Beverage
4. Ouch!

Two days for voting, and you may start right away. Voting will end within 48 hours from now.

NorthernChaosGod
07-14-2011, 04:14 AM
My votes are in. :monster:

Del Murder
07-14-2011, 06:29 AM
Crap, I get the stupid face, who won the last one of these. It's not a user name if you can't pronounce it!

Agent Proto
07-14-2011, 06:54 AM
I don't know, I think it's easy to call him Face or pronounce o_O as "Oh-oh," which isn't that difficult to say.

Loony BoB
07-14-2011, 09:31 AM
One vote for the Shoeless Hobo. I could cry tears of joy. This is how it ought to be!
[angry reaction to trolling post]

o_O
07-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Crap, I get the stupid face, who won the last one of these. It's not a user name if you can't pronounce it!

... So all this time you've been calling me Jughead was a LIE? :(

Loony BoB
07-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Del Murder a better username than mystic ice cube? Pshaw. I mean, it's a good one, but mystice ice cube... c'mon. It's an ice cube that is MYSTIC. Maybe I just get too attached to amusing usernames instead of sensible ones.

EDIT: I pronounce o_O as "oo". xD

Del Murder
07-15-2011, 01:01 AM

Are you saying you want me to rename you Jughead, thus disqualifying your previous name from this competition?

o_O
07-15-2011, 01:54 AM

Are you saying you want me to rename you Jughead, thus disqualifying your previous name from this competition?

<span style="font-style: italic;">This means <span style="text-decoration: underline;">rename war</span></span>. :shifty:

Agent Proto
07-15-2011, 02:07 AM
Rename war?!

Pike
07-15-2011, 02:09 AM
Del Murder a better username than mystic ice cube? Pshaw. I mean, it's a good one, but mystice ice cube... c'mon. It's an ice cube that is MYSTIC.

It was a tough choice when Proots asked me to do a tiebreaker, but in the end I decided that Del Murder was a classier name and so he got the vote. It was tough, though!

Del Murder
07-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Don't worry, Pike, your vote was a vote for JUSTICE.

Agent Proto
07-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Times up for the quarter finals. Results please.

Round Three Results

Bandits Division
Death by Moogles....||||\| (6)
I Took the Red Pill.||||\ (5)

Returners Division
Rad Bromance....||||\|||| (9)
I'm my own MILF.|| (2)

Warriors Division
o_O........||||\|||| (9)
Del Murder.||| (3)

Lionhearts Division
Crunchy Beverage.||||\ (5)
Ouch!............||||\| (6)

Half of the four divisions were near blow-out, and the other half were actually pretty close. It also appears o_O is set to repeat as ultimate screen name! We'll see though in the semi finals. Which comes to you NOW!

The Semi-Finals

Death by Moogles (Bandits Winner)
Rad Bromance (Returners Winner)

o_O (Warriors Winner)
Ouch! (Lionhearts Winner)

for your amusement...

1. Death by Moogles
1. Rad Bromance
2. o_O
2. Ouch!

Voting will go on for 48 hours or so starting now. Good luck voters, it's gonna be a tough one, unless you already know who you want to win,

Edit: And for the record, "Oh-oh" is more appropriate for o_O than 'oo" because of the underscore separating the 2 Os.

Del Murder
07-16-2011, 01:26 AM
Blast! Jughead needs to go DOWN! He already won one of these, let someone else have a turn.

Though he will probably win now since whenever someone asks people to vote for or against some name people do the opposite to spite them (see Shoeless Hobo).

In that case...go o_O! Ra ra!

o_O
07-16-2011, 06:49 AM
Yee haw!

You possibly shouldn't not not negative antivote for me on days whose unix epoch date falls on a prime number.

Antireverse-negative-positive-circular psychology.

:smug:

Remon
07-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Your sentence is...Death by Moogles :monster:

Fujiko
07-16-2011, 06:58 PM
GO o_O! >:D

o_O has always been the best screen name. Always! >:D

smittenkitten
07-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Ha I like the screename tournament, I'll root for the underdog go Ouch! ^___^

NorthernChaosGod
07-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Death by Moogles!

Melissaur
07-17-2011, 12:09 AM
o_O all the way!

Agent Proto
07-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Looks like its been two days since this semi-finals started, let's take a look at the results before moving on to the ultimate finals!!!!!1111!!1!1!eleven1!!oneone11!1 (Is that too much for you?)

Semi-Finals Results

Death by Moogles.||| (3)
Rad Bromance.....|||| (4)

The Raddest Bromance of all barely squeezes by Death by Moogles to make it to the Finals. The name that was inspired by Lady Gaga will vie for best screen name of all time against a name that had already claimed the title before...

o_O...||||\ (5)
Ouch!.|| (2)

Yes folks, it looks like o_O is going for a repeat* looking to win the ultimate prize of being best screen name ever after beating the host of the tournament that hosted a mini tournament of 16 to determine the best name within the Hall of Fame. So, now it's Rad and Face in the Finals.

The Ultimate Battle of Screen Names

Rad Bromance
Started off in the Bandits Division, and ended up winning the Returners Division after beating I'm my own MILF. In the Semi-Finals, he manages a close victory over Mogi's old name, Death by Moogles. His opponent...

o_O
Apparently I was wrong about him winning before, I looked into the thread that Ouch! hosted and saw that it was actually Crunchy Beverage who won, and guess who he beaten? Face. I knew he was in the finals back then, I just had the wrong name winning it. Sorry o_O, but at least you'll get a chance to actually win it this time. Anyway, he started off in the Lionhearts Division, and ends up winning the Warriors Division with a victory over Del Murder. Oh yeah!

So who's it gonna be? Rad Bromance or o_O? Voting will go for two days, and this will determine the best of the best!

Two great names if you ask me. :monster:

Melissaur
07-18-2011, 01:59 AM
D: Such a hard decision...

Fujiko
07-18-2011, 03:31 PM
o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O

Del Murder
07-18-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm comfortable with Bromance winning this one.

NorthernChaosGod
07-18-2011, 07:27 PM
The clearly superior name has been robbed.

Agent Proto
07-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Well, it's rather close, but we do have a winner! After nine votes in the finals, the winner of the All-Star Screen Name Tournament is none other than...

o_O!!!!!

o_O wins with a 5-4 vote over the runner-up, Rad Bromance! It was quite close indeed. Face got up to a commanding lead, but Rad failed to gather enough votes to garner up an upset late in the day, so that leaves o_O as the ultimate screen name of the Hall of Fame.

Congrats dude.

Loony BoB
07-20-2011, 01:57 PM
o_O

Del Murder
07-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Blech. o_O isn't even a screen name. It's a smiley. I bet if I changed my screen name to a picture or some kind of 3D effect it would win these competitions too.

Oh well, congrats, Jughead.

Remon
07-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Congrats!

Melissaur
07-20-2011, 04:26 PM
I knew it!

Agent Proto
07-20-2011, 04:31 PM
O RLY?

Melissaur
07-20-2011, 04:42 PM
YA RLY!

NorthernChaosGod
07-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Death By Moogles was robbed.

Congrats, o_O.

o_O
07-21-2011, 12:39 AM
Hypoallergenic Cactuar was robbed, but thank you people; now there's only one of my life goals left to achieve.

Melissaur
07-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Is that to go to Sweden?