PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy: Transformers

SuperMillionaire
07-11-2011, 08:41 PM
I just watched Transformers: Dark of the Moon yesterday, and the Eidolons from Final Fantasy XIII popped up in my head. I realized that the Eidolons are, in fact, Transformers done Final Fantasy-style. The Eidolons are mecha-creatures that indeed are "robots in disguise."

Loony BoB
07-12-2011, 10:00 AM
You just realised this now? :) When I first found out about it, I think it was under the header of something like "FFXIII will have transformers for summons". Something like that, anyway. I've always seen them as Transformers, really.

I was not a fan of Eidolons at all. I don't like much about interactive summons, actually. I rarely use them. I used summons a lot more when they were done like they were in the earlier games. Although the boost thing on FFVIII was pretty cool. But yeah, summons in XII and XIII? Never used 'em unless I had to, really. I can't remember what they did in X but I don't think I used them much there, either...

champagne supernova
07-12-2011, 11:59 AM
I can't remember what they did in X but I don't think I used them much there, either...

I remember I gave one of them a lot of money to kill the Dark Aeons.

Shaibana
07-12-2011, 07:46 PM
haha i never thought of eidolon`s that way :P
i find eidolon's useful at the end of an battle. im not really a fan of interactive summon either.
in the beginning of an (boss)battle i always use .. euuh.. jeez its been a while since i played XIII ... the role than can put enchants on yr characters like Haste and Shield.
So i pump the characters up quickly with 2 of those.

but when u use an eidolon all those stats are gone on the other 2 characters :(

demondude
07-13-2011, 01:48 AM
I like Vanille's eidolon because it sounds like it has a large amount of sexual prowess. So if I was a transformer, I would be that.

Jessweeee♪
07-13-2011, 04:01 AM
I can't remember what they did in X but I don't think I used them much there, either...

"Summon" may as well have been renamed "Win Battle" as powerful as they were. They were my favorite though because they were the most fun and the most involved in the story.

In FFXII they were so elaborate and yet so useless. It really is a bummer that there's all of this content in the game just for Espers that you'll use only one time just to see it in action. In FFXIII they were useful for saving your ass from a bad situation (Adamantoise SMASH!). Every other game was just kind of bland. Summons never really did significantly more than the attacks your party members could do for much less MP, and they just swooped in, whacked a guy, and then left. FFVIII had the least boring summons pre-FFX IMHO.

Loony BoB
07-13-2011, 10:27 AM
I actually liked it more when they didn't take over the battle - even if it was 'bland'. I would probably like more heavily interactive summons more if they were used by someone with a summoner class who had very low HP. It would make far, far more sense that way than having an overpowered character call in a summon who in some cases actually feels weaker than the character was. The main reason I don't use summons is because I don't need to and because they take up so much time. If there is a need to and you can still use your other characters, that would be cool. Like, say you have three characters... Swordguy, Monky and Summongirl. Summongirl is extremely weak but has a lot of MP and can summon things to take her place in battle - so basically you could end up with Swordguy, Monky and Ifrit fighting alongside each other. None of this "Oh, someone's summoned something, let's all just stop fighting and let the summon do all the work" crap. Teamwork, people! Teamwork!

I 'unno. I just miss the time when summons were awesome and you actually used them. I hated using summons in more recent times mostly because it would take everyone else out of the battle, and I like using my characters more than I like using summons. That's why I liked FFVIII's way of doing things - it's still interactive, it's still you fighting with your characters.

SoulTaker*
07-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Summons in XIII arent awful at the beginning of the games. But to me Final Fantasy VIII had the most stylish and useful summons.

Shaibana
07-17-2011, 11:41 AM
i dnt like the eidolons that much.
i just dont feel like they do that 'massive damage' like they seem to do in other FF's and becaus of that they feel useles to me.

LunarWeaver
07-18-2011, 02:50 PM
I like their Transformers. I support any game that lets me summon a Disney castle like Hope does. They're not good for much more than hunting fatass turtles, though.

10-Breaker
07-19-2011, 01:53 PM

I remember I gave one of them a lot of money to kill the Dark Aeons.

I hope that one is having it's luxury life under that cherry tree in my save too... Except that it STILL hasn't killed that one Dark Aeon...

I didn't like the way they put the summons in XIII, the last fmv with those was cool, but other than that. Completely useless. Rarely used in boss fights to revive the team up. Otherwise the 2 teammates did way more damage in the time the summon did at. Just press that one button every once in a while to build up stagger and then you swoosh and oops.

SuperMillionaire
07-21-2011, 06:03 PM
The Eidolons that Lightning and company control are the Autobots, and I suppose the Decepticons are...