PDA

View Full Version : Riding the short bus...

TravisG.
07-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Can someone plz hold my hand and guide me through the chocobo breeding. I bought the gold ticket with the hopes that would start some thing for me, but all i can do is bet on the races... Plz help.

nik0tine
07-12-2011, 01:55 AM
Catch chocobos and go to the chocobo farm. It can't be done until some point during disk 2, if I recall.

Mo-Nercy
07-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Make sure to rent stables as well from the old man inside the house at the farm. You can't race the Chocobos just walking around outside. They need to be moved inside first.

Loony BoB
07-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah, there is a location known as Mideel in which a major event will happen at some point on the second disk (You'll know what I mean when it happens). After this, your characters will not all be in the same place for a little while and - if I remember rightly - once you are in control of Cloud again after the event happens, you will be able to catch, race and breed chocobos. To do these things, you must have chocobo stables which you can buy at the chocobo ranch when you reach this part of the game.

Let us know if that answers your question or if you want us to explain chocobo catching, racing and breeding in detail.

demondude
07-13-2011, 01:56 AM
When mummy chocobo and daddy chocobo are in love, they do their special hug. This involves daddy chocobo putting his penis into mummy chocobo until a baby is made. Sometimes daddy chocobo and mummy chocobo start disagreeing, and then daddy chocobo puts his magic stick into another chocobo's ham wallet. This is bad.

Saber
07-13-2011, 03:33 PM
By the time you are on the second disk you should have a mastered all materia or close. If not level it up and master it then sell it. Once you have the Highwind you can go to the chocobo ranch again. When you get there you will notice a chocobo lure materia to the right of where you enter. Grab it and head into the house on the left. Talk to the man there and with the money you got from selling the master all buy some chocobo stables. Now that you got that out of the way you can leave (with intent to return). Go to the gold saucer area and catch four chocobo on the tracks there. You will need some greens and the chocobo lure materia equipped. Now return to the ranch and go to the area on the right (you will probably enter in a new part of the ranch). Here talk to the first person you see and he will introduce you to a chocobo menu. Place any good or great chocobos in the ranch and let the others go. Next talk to the lady and she will mention a old chocobo sage myth. You can find him north of bone village in an area you can not get to without flying. Next thing you want to do is make sure you have one female good chocobo and one male chocobo (both found at the gold saucer or mideel area). So feed them greens from either chocobo bill at the ranch or chocobo sage if you can afford it. Now with a healthy chocobo you can race at the gold saucer. Note all you need to do is catch a chocobo and put it in your stable to race. I said to only accept good or great cause you need those for another side quest.

Best chocobo guide

Simple guide :

1. Mate any pair of good or great chocobos together until you have a green and blue chocobo of the opposite sex.
2. Mate them two using the carob nut until you get a black chocobo.
3. Mate the black and a wonderful chocobo with a zieo nut until you have a gold.

Longer guide :

Mate good or great chocobos together when both parents are S rank. This will have to be done twice. You will get a green and a blue chocobo with some luck. Reset until you have one a female and the other a male. It's easy all you do is start with one color (it will be male or female), next time they are ready to breed you can save outside the ranch and reset if your next bird is not a proper color and sex. To waste your time further between mating you can always go to the icical Inn area and catch some chocobos until you get a wonderful chocobo. Once you have a male and female blue and green chocobo you can toss their parents. Next you will want to race them up to a higher rank in racing. Then go to the bone villiage area and fight on the green land (not the forest or snow) until you meet a red dragon type enemy. Steal from him until you get a carob nut. Use that but to mate your blue and green. You will get a black. Now you should have a wonderful by now as you spend times between mating at the icical inn area for wonderful. Go to the islands on the top right of the map and fight in the forest known as goblin island. You will get a zeio nut and that is what you will need to use to mate the black and the wonderful. If they are both S rank, congrats you will notice a gold chocobo.

TravisG.
07-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Thanx guys. I was gettin ahead of myself. More thanx @the dude; my wife and I were trying to figure out where our three girls came from. Now we know what caused that. I'm up and running now. I have found a great choco, an average choco, and a bunch of beat up clunkers. Also found the sage. Problem now is the gold saucer is closed...stuff happens.
Thanx for the help, opened up a whole new game for me.

Bubba
08-18-2011, 04:19 PM
A little tip for getting money for those damn greens. Try to get as many Master "All" Materia as you can. When you've got plenty you can sell them for 1.4 Million gil each!