PDA

View Full Version : Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

BG-57
07-14-2011, 03:21 PM
I didn't want to buy this game. Quite simply I already bought and played through Lego Star Wars I and II, which this combines. But I saw it marked down to 20 USD, so I decided to see what they added. I was suprised how much additional content there is.

There's a time trial for every level where you have to gather ten blue canisters in under 10 minutes, that are not where the white canisters were hidden.

There's brand new vehicle levels for chasing the bounty hunter and Anakin in the Naboo starfighter. Plus the podrace and gunship levels have been changed and streamlined. The original versions are in the bonus room.

More playable characters. I especially appreciated being able to play as Aayla Secura.

Ten more bounty hunter levels where you have five minutes to wander a level and find a heroic charater using all the bounty hunters. IG-88 can open any droid lock.

The rest of the origianl content is there: collecting powerups and bonus along with ten white canisters per level, 2 custom characters, vehicle and character bonus levels where you have to collect a million studs in a time limit, lego city levels.

So I'm pleasantly suprised: they really took the time to do more than just combine two previous games into one.

Chris
07-16-2011, 10:12 AM
This particular game is one of my all-time favorite games. They really did improve a lot on the original games, and the added stuff is quite satisfying. I think they did such an amazing job on these games. Even though eveything is in LEGO form, they've managed to capture the spirit and atmosphere of Star Wars. I never get tired of playing this game. Like, ever.

One thing I was disappointed with was the Yoda they chose for this game. The bouncing Yoda from the first game was so much fun to play, but they chose to include the Yoda from LEGO Star Wars II instead.

Also, be sure to check out LEGO Star Wars: The Clone Wars, which is prettier and grander in scale. :D

BG-57
07-16-2011, 02:02 PM
I've been tempted and I tried the demo. The only thing is, I haven't seen much of the Clone Wars except the first movie.

Chris
07-17-2011, 07:05 PM
The game doesn't strictly follow the series, so watching the show is not a prerequisite for playing the game. The game is fun and it takes the LEGO Star Wars franchise to a completely different level.

BG-57
08-09-2011, 01:58 AM
Just completed the game to 100%. The bonus is any custom character has things like Sith powers, high jump, thermal detonators, and vent crawling. Saves a lot of character switching in free play.

Blue canister runs were the hardest part since almost everything else I could do from memory. I had to resort to drawing maps for some levels and some runs took as many as four tries. Ghost characters cut way down on the completion time.

I guess it's on to LSW III.