PDA

View Full Version : Modern Classics

Yar
07-14-2011, 07:25 PM
What are some movies, albums, TV shows, books, etc that have come out within the past 5 years or so that you think will be considered "classics" in 20-30 years?

inb4 twilight saga

Pike
07-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Anything related to Harry Potter

Breine
07-14-2011, 08:27 PM
A thing that comes to mind is a movie like The Tree of Life. I'm almost positive that it'll be considered a classic down the road. If not, then there is something wrong.

charliepanayi
07-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Films - No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood.
Music - Pretty much anything by Kanye West (but especially the first two and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy)

AngelWings8
07-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Ehhh....5 years only? I can't think of many...

TV Series: Game of Thrones, Shameless, Battlestar Galactica
Movies: Oceans' series, Inception, The King's Speech, Juno, Atonement, Slumdog Millionaire
Music: TBH I can't think of anything I would classify as "classic". I imagine Britney/Lady Gaga/Katy Perry or whoever is popular at the moment could possibly rise to Madonna status though.

Shiny
07-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Music: Kings of Leon and Muse(just seems like the kinda bands that will enter in that status classic rock, I was gonna say Radiohead but pretty sure they're older songs I already considered that) also Jay Z (his old 90s raps are already classics blue print 3 will become a classic), Beyonce music (next Diana Ross imo)

Movies: Inception, Princess and the Frog, Ratouille however you spell it, Toy Story 3 (will definitely be Disney/Pixar classics), Inglorious Basterds, Avatar (unfortunately), Harry Potter Deathly Hallows (the rest of the movies too), The Hangover, Black Swan, The Dark Knight, V for Vendetta

Araciel
07-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Breaking Bad...?

Rocket Edge
07-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Anything related to Harry Potter
Exactly this.

A quote from Stephen King (Author),
Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.