PDA

View Full Version : X-2 Suffers the Wrath of the Spoony One

Skyblade
07-15-2011, 08:14 AM
That's right, the Spoony One is back. After his thorough criticism of FFX he has finally moved on to FFX-2 (http://spoonyexperiment.com/2011/07/10/final-fantasy-x-2-review-part-1/).

I have to admit, I do admire him for being willing to speak the truth. There is a lot to like about this game. The lighthearted nature, the focus on exploration and sidequests... If only the game hadn't been built around the concept of fanservice (and had been given a better main plot), it could have been brilliant.

Nebulance
07-15-2011, 12:46 PM
That's right, the Spoony One is back. After his thorough criticism of FFX he has finally moved on to FFX-2 (http://spoonyexperiment.com/2011/07/10/final-fantasy-x-2-review-part-1/).

I have to admit, I do admire him for being willing to speak the truth. There is a lot to like about this game. The lighthearted nature, the focus on exploration and sidequests... If only the game hadn't been built around the concept of fanservice (and had been given a better main plot), it could have been brilliant.

While I find him entertaining to watch and listen to, his reviews are pretty lame. He does have some valid points concering FFX in terms of how can a blitzball be a legitimate weapon? He also pointed out the fact that blitzball itself is a bit ridiculous such that humans can't breathe underwater. Fine. But he doesn't try to strike down the whole general concept of summoning? That's probably the most illogical thing of them all. He should really pay attention the fact that the game is called Final Fantasy for a reason.

Depression Moon
07-15-2011, 04:10 PM
If it was built around fanservice wouldn't it have been better? I'm not understanding your statement.

FFIX Choco Boy
07-16-2011, 04:01 AM
Neb, I never understood the point of quoting the first post when you write the second post... But whatever.

Really, though, I liked FFX-2 and FFX. What I enjoyed most about X-2, though, was the dresspheres. I love class systems in games, which is why X-2, T, TA, TA2, I, III, and V will always be high up on my list of loved games. Not so much XIII, though. Too hallwayish. And the class switching happening twice per second gets annoying.

Jessweeee♪
07-16-2011, 04:17 AM
I never really like anything Spoony does. It's not that it's bad, it's just that he doesn't bring anything new that I don't see here every day. I just get bored. (And also maybe because he rips apart my favorites in the series.)

Remon
07-16-2011, 11:03 AM
I never take negative reviews seriously.

Nebulance
07-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Neb, I never understood the point of quoting the first post when you write the second post... But whatever.

Haha, you're right... I think I just did that out of habit!

ScottyRedXIII
07-18-2011, 01:10 PM
i found Spoonys review of FF X Funny as hell...... i don't agree with most of it and at some points wished i could tell him to remember IT'S A FINAL FANTASY GAME but never less i enjoyed it....... i can see myself agreeing with him on every thing he say's about X-2, and you have to give him credit for applauding sqaure for trying to do something different

Christmas
06-24-2022, 12:40 PM
So is the spoony out of business? :bigsmile: