PDA

View Full Version : X-2 I can't take this anymore~!

TrollHunter
07-16-2011, 05:00 AM
Well I recently decided to get back into 10-2 because why not. When I tried to get on my furthest game... I couldn't find it. I went through all 5 of my memory cards twice until I realized that I had deleted the save file when I was cleaning out one of my memory cards to make a file for Xenosaga.:mad: I don't think I have the endurance to go through all that stupid again to get back to where I was.

Remon
07-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Where did you leave it? You could start again from the beginning and try to get a higher percentage completion than you did the last time. The game has a great replay value after all. Aw man now I'm starting to miss it. :(

TrollHunter
07-17-2011, 11:14 PM
I think I was at the massaging scene, I avoided playing it a long time for that reason. I may re-start it eventually but I'm already balancing a lot of games right now. (dissidia, kh bbs, ff1, ff4, ff6, loz spirit tracks, loz oot, xenosaga... etc.) I'm so not looking for 100% completion, I've seen the secret ending and by god it isn't worth it.

ScottyRedXIII
07-18-2011, 01:03 PM
i wouldn't bother looking for 100%, you could miss one tiny thing and bam 99% ONE...... gosh this game brings back nightmares

Mirage
07-18-2011, 02:19 PM
It doesn't bring back any nightmares to me. It brings back memories of a cool battle system and fun job system.

And yeah, explain why you should get 100% if you missed something. Getting 100% means actually doing all of the game, I don't find it strange or unfair at all that not doing everything would not get you 100%.

But this is why there is new game plus anyway. The game can be rushed through incredibly fast with NGP, letting you quickly get the parts you missed.

Jessweeee♪
07-18-2011, 07:53 PM
As much as I like this game, it doesn't sound like you like it very much. Why are you even bothering? xD

TrollHunter
07-18-2011, 09:13 PM
I enjoyed it up to that point. Well while skipping all the scenes that is. I'm not going for 100% completion because I don't find it worth the terrible secret ending. I will eventually re-start it... I just don't know when that will even happen. The combat system is top-notch and the sidequests are decent. I just hate how I got to that point in ff x-2 very recently and was finally done getting all the jobs I was looking for etc. etc. and then bam because I wasn't paying attention I deleted my save file.
It's not exactly the funnest feeling.

Remon
07-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Don't skip scenes. You'll lower the % even more :p

TrollHunter
07-18-2011, 09:37 PM
You do? That's news to me. Eh oh well.

Mirage
07-18-2011, 10:27 PM
You could always see if you found a downloadable save file.

TrollHunter
07-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Can you do that with ps2 memory cards? If you can I sure as hell didn't know you could do that :eek:

Mirage
07-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Not normally. You would probably need some fancy stuff to do it. A method of booting non-official CDs and DVDs for example, where you could load a homebrew application that copied a saved save file from the disc to the memory card. Other methods would be to do it with an USB memory stick after booting the console up into a homebrew file manager. There are also PS2 memory card readers that you can connect to your PC.

Alternatively, you could emulate PS2 games on your PC, and connect a PS3 controller via USB and install a driver for that controller. You'll get vibration and analogue input and everything

TrollHunter
07-18-2011, 10:50 PM
That's pretty cool but I think I'm just going to start a new game. I'll make sure to remember that if I ever need to do it in the future though. Thank you~ :D

Shiny
07-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Can you borrow a friend's memory card and start off from one of their save files?

Jessweeee♪
07-24-2011, 06:15 PM
You can also transfer save files with Action Replay! Then you have all kinds of fun cheating doodads to play with too.

TrollHunter
07-25-2011, 04:14 AM
Can you borrow a friend's memory card and start off from one of their save files?

Well none of my friends own the game and the only ones would possibly might live half-way across the country. I'll just worry about re-starting 10-2 later.

Ashley Riot
07-25-2011, 09:29 AM
I never wanna see that terrible game again. Praise be to Yevon that im done with it.

Remon
07-25-2011, 08:02 PM
I started playing FFX-2 again but it freezes at the awesome sphere footage D:
Poopie!

Christmas
07-08-2022, 12:21 PM
I rmb MANUS took off his pants the moment the hotspring scene shows up. He said he can't take it anymore. :(

Christmas
07-08-2022, 12:34 PM
And he pee himself a hotspring and swims in it. :barf: