PDA

View Full Version : The Portable N64

Skyblade
07-18-2011, 04:22 AM
Since we received first Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and this is being followed by Star Fox 64 3D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0BU7rElpLY), I am beginning to think of my 3DS as a portable N64, much as I thought of my GBA as a portable SNES.

So, what other N64 games would you like to see released for this lovely little 3D gemstone? F-Zero X, Goldeneye 007, Gauntlet Legends, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Ogre Battle 64, Sin and Punishment, Paper Mario, Star Wars Episode 1: Racer (despite my hatred for podracing and the new trilogy in general, this game still happens to be one of the very few racing games I ever enjoyed), Worms Armageddon, Majora's Mask, and, of course, Super Mario 64?

Heath
07-18-2011, 03:12 PM
I've not used a 3DS, though I can definitely echo the sentiments that N64 games are excellent and worth porting, though I've played most of the games I'd like to play via emulator.

Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie (though they're both on Xbox Live Arcade), the original Smash Bros. and Donkey Kong 64 are all excellent games that I think deserve looking at again. Of the ones you mentioned, Episode I Racer, F Zero X (or just a new F Zero game generally), Goldeneye and Majora's Mask are all excellent. Not sure they'd bother with Super Mario 64, given that's essentially been released for the DS already.

Pike
07-18-2011, 04:08 PM
There are a lot of good games in this thread; I approve.

I want a Jet Force Gemini redux.

Bolivar
07-18-2011, 04:14 PM
definitely the original smash bros., i have no idea why this hasn't popped up on ds already.

NorthernChaosGod
07-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Original Smash Bros. would be awesome to play over wifi.

Edge7
07-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Sin and Punishment would be incredible. I'd also like to see Wave Race 64, my personal favorite racing game on the N64. Majora's Mask is a given; I mean, viewing the moon in 3d would give me chills.