PDA

View Full Version : [XIII-2] Final Fantasy XIII-2 Coming January 2012!

nirojan
07-18-2011, 09:34 PM
It's just come down that it's dropping This January for us here in North America and Japan will be getting it a bit earlier this December!
Final Fantasy XIII-2 lighting up January 2012 - News at GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6323875/final-fantasy-xiii-2-lighting-up-january-2012?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B3)

No news on European launch although I'd expect it in January as well. I guess SE kept their word about the "Winter" release.

TrollHunter
07-18-2011, 09:46 PM
I can't wait to see reviews. I probably will enjoy it regardless unless it's just terrible, I'm easy to impress and entertain.
Thanks for the info~

Roogle
07-18-2011, 11:44 PM
The quick turnaround time of the game makes me wonder how much new content will really be in the game itself. I wonder if it will be of the same quality of Final Fantasy X-2 except without the updated battle system? Still, releasing it sooner rather than later is better, I suppose.

TrollHunter
07-19-2011, 12:10 AM
I'd say releasing sooner isn't better than later. In some cases you lose out on content, and even overall quality. Releasing later gives more time to fine tune the game and fix more problems. While releasing later does have it's cons of course I'd prefer getting a later release date.

Mirage
07-19-2011, 02:52 AM
Sooner is definitely not always better than later.

I don't really care how soon or late we get this game, I just wish they would hurry up and finish Vs 13

nirojan
07-19-2011, 03:15 AM
Sooner is definitely not always better than later.

I don't really care how soon or late we get this game, I just wish they would hurry up and finish Vs 13

It's a different team working on VERSUS XIII. They're both under development in the 1st Production department, but they're under different teams. The team making XIII-2 is headed by Motomu Toriyama and the team heading up VERSUSU XIII is run under Tetsuya Nomura. Both of them are also the director for their respective games. All in all, your fear is misplaced due to the fact that this game's development shouldn't affect the progress of the others. :)

Del Murder
07-19-2011, 03:26 AM
It really sounds like you will be playing as Serah and Noel the whole time, which is dumb. I hope Noel ends up being a badass and not a pantywaist.

TrollHunter
07-19-2011, 03:34 AM
It really sounds like you will be playing as Serah and Noel the whole time, which is dumb. I hope Noel ends up being a badass and not a pantywaist.

This just in from squeenix: Noel is now the new Tidus! Prepare for the new HD laughing scene people!

Dear god I hope not.

Del Murder
07-19-2011, 03:55 AM
Well, a relationship can't blossom between the two because Serah is with Snow. Speaking of which, I really hope they explain where the hell he is in all this. Guy travels across worlds to save this chick and she just randomly goes off on an adventure on her own? He better be captured or something.

TrollHunter
07-19-2011, 04:09 AM
I swear, if they pull that crappy dream angle again I will shoot somebody.
They probably will explain who the hell he is, if they didn't that would be a terrible move on their part.