PDA

View Full Version : Tellah you silly man.

TrollHunter
07-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Well I just reached the part where We find Anna on the ground after the bombing of some castle that I can't remember the name of. Tellah started attacking The bard because he's crazy.... but because he's a sage it took over 3 minutes to finish the "battle" because he kept missing.
I found this hilarious and worth randomly noting in a thread. :D
I don't see why they didn't just give him 100% accuracy for that scene. It would make more sense.

Roogle
07-19-2011, 09:06 PM
The bug that you are referring to only occurs in the Gameboy Advance port. There were a lot of glitches and bugs that exist only in that version; some of them were patched up in the European release of the game. I was shocked that such a simple bug made its way past playtesters who thought nothing of it. The scene can be extended for such a long time and this can cause it to lose some of its dramatic effect.

TrollHunter
07-19-2011, 09:10 PM
I noticed about how it lost the dramatic effect. It was hysterical.
Are there any really damaging bugs on the gba port?

Laddy
07-20-2011, 08:06 AM
That's because Ed's a bard. We all know bards are the best anything ever.

TrollHunter
07-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Best at something I guess. Even after I leveled Ed up he still was the best at lying unconscious in the middle of the battle. The rest of my party could not handle that kind of skill. At least he isn't crazy like Tellah. I give him points for that.

Dr. Acula
07-30-2011, 09:04 AM
With that scene came the greatest line in FF's history. The game isn't complete without it.

You Spoony Bard!
08-13-2011, 07:11 AM
What's all this then

Pike
08-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Is there such a thing as a forky bard? Or a sporky bard, perhaps?

TrollHunter
08-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Possibly, hmm bards named after every piece of kitchenware. That would be amusing.
Also Spoony Bard - Television Tropes & Idioms (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpoonyBard)

Rabbits on the Run
08-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Best at something I guess. Even after I leveled Ed up he still was the best at lying unconscious in the middle of the battle. The rest of my party could not handle that kind of skill. At least he isn't crazy like Tellah. I give him points for that.

Maybe he's just really smart, and he's faking it? The monsters always stop attacking after they knock you unconscious. So actually he's the smartest character in the party. :confused:

I didn't notice that he misses. I did notice that I came out of the Castle at start once, and found myself in a never ending forest, and I'm still not sure why....it only happened once.

TrollHunter
08-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Well most of the time I just had him hide when he kept getting wrecked. :erm:
You do have a point though, he just had to hope that there weren't any monsters into eating corpses.
---------
Never-ending-forest? Where exactly did you encounter this? I'm curious.

Rabbits on the Run
08-15-2011, 11:33 PM
Well most of the time I just had him hide when he kept getting wrecked. :erm:
You do have a point though, he just had to hope that there weren't any monsters into eating corpses.
---------
Never-ending-forest? Where exactly did you encounter this? I'm curious.

Well he wouldn't be a corpse if he was only pretending to be dead so I guess we'll never find out.

It was after you came out of Baron...was really weird, couldn't see characters or anything. Started over and it was fine.

TrollHunter
08-16-2011, 12:17 AM
My logic was a bit flawed...
I love glitches though.

Rabbits on the Run
08-16-2011, 10:19 PM
My logic was a bit flawed...
I love glitches though.

It's okay.

I've always wondered why it's game over if all your characters are only knocked out....shouldn't they just wake up later, and continue?

Maybe the monsters eat bodies in general.

TrollHunter
08-16-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't question that because at that point they're so beaten down they would have little to no way to survive.
Now my question is when the main character dies and it's game over, do the other party members just lose all confidence and give up? Are they unable to revive the main character because he/she stores all the phoenix downs on his/her person in a very to hard reach place? One question that will forever go unanswered...

Rabbits on the Run
08-16-2011, 10:26 PM
I don't question that because at that point they're so beaten down they would have little to no way to survive.
Now my question is when the main character dies and it's game over, do the other party members just lose all confidence and give up? Are they unable to revive the main character because he/she stores all the phoenix downs on his/her person in a very to hard reach place? One question that will forever go unanswered...

Well maybe they swallow them, and have to regurgitate them when they use them.

And since they're few to no bathrooms in Final Fantasy, there is no way to get them out of the dead main character that wouldn't result in worse injury.

TrollHunter
08-16-2011, 10:29 PM
That's... an interesting way to look at it.

felfenix
08-20-2011, 03:59 AM

For all you know, the game continues on regardless, but you wouldn't know because you're dead. It's "Game Over" for you. As for why they don't Phoenix Down you, either you're pulling an Aeris, or maybe they were defeated shortly after you. In reality though, of course, it's just a gameplay mechanic.

TrollHunter
08-21-2011, 01:42 AM
While that still makes no sense considering just how easy it would be to revive their fallen comrade it doesn't really matter.
Crappy game mechanic is crappy.

EDIT: this thread has gone off on a very major tangent.

Hot Shot
08-22-2011, 08:47 AM
While that still makes no sense considering just how easy it would be to revive their fallen comrade it doesn't really matter.
Crappy game mechanic is crappy.

EDIT: this thread has gone off on a very major tangent.

So...how 'bout them Spoony Bards, eh?

TrollHunter
08-22-2011, 10:08 PM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs45/i/2009/147/5/c/You_Spoony_Bard_by_Inkeres_Song.jpg

Darkswordofchaos
09-03-2011, 05:26 AM
I leveled Ed up he was the best at lying unconscious in the middle of the battle. The rest of my party could not handle that kind of skill.

:hahaha: rofl

btw idc what kinda hate mail i get i say worst party member in a battler evar!!

qwertysaur
09-10-2011, 03:08 AM
Tellah just needs a new pair of glasses. That's the real reason he leaves the party to get to Mt Ordeals on his own, he's embaressed about it. :p