PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a Brave Marathoner

FFIX Choco Boy
07-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Well, I picked my KH2 game back up again today to play for a bit. After playing for a while, I had an idea. I thought, somebody should play a KH1 and 2 marathon, and every time the game says the word "Heart" or "Hearts", they take a shot of hard liquor. Anyone who could survive that much alcohol must really know how to hold their drink. But seriously, they say those two words so many times... It's rather annoying if you've beaten the game once, but I just don't like skipping cutscenes because that's just how I am.

Either way, though, I would like to see somebody do a Kingdom Hearts marathon some time. I enjoy the games, and I'd also like to see how fast people could go through them. If somebody did do one, though, I would also like to see them do RE:CoM, BBS, 358/2, 1, and 2 so we could get the whole story, and to do them in an order that would introduce new people to the whole story in the most logical and friendly way.

Del Murder
07-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Well, chronological order would be:

1. BBS
2. KH1
3. CoM
4. 358/2 (could interchange with CoM, I'd probably do this first since CoM leads directly into KH2)
5. KH2
6. Re:Coded

If you are doing a shot at the mention of the word 'heart' then you might be ok through BBS but would be a goner as soon as you hit KH1.

FFIX Choco Boy
07-21-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm not thinking chronological order, because that would have a bunch of people flipping out. I mean the most logical order for easing people into the games, and then filling in all the holes and stuff.

On a side note, though: Why do Ven and Roxas look like identical twins?

Del Murder
07-21-2011, 06:52 PM
You'll need to play BBS to get the answer to that question. But click the spoiler if you really want to know.

At the end of BBS Ven's heart enters into Sora, thus making Ventus a part of Sora. So at the end of KH1 when Sora becomes a heartless, his nobody, Roxas, takes the form of Ven.

As for easing people into the games, KH1 is the clear starting point there.

FFIX Choco Boy
07-21-2011, 10:50 PM
I figured that was what it was, but that doesn't make much sense still. If you look at it that way, that would mean he was more Ven than Sora, even though he's Sora himself. Then again, you could look at it from a different angle, and say he should have formed 3 Nobodies because he had his, Kairi's, and Ven's hearts in him all at the same time. Actually, I bet that's it. Namine was made when Sora went heartless, as well as Roxas, and a yet to be named Sora Nobody as well.

Del Murder
07-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Well, you may have hinted on the plot for KH3 right there, that is: Dark Sora (Sora's third nobody/heartless). It's a theory I've had too and it would be nice to have another antagonist other than Xehanort for a change.

Ouch!
07-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Roxas is Ventus. He's Sora's nobody only insofar as he was created when Sora released his heart to free Kairi's, but Roxas has Ventus's heart. It's stated in the Xehanort Reports in Kingdom Hearts II that Roxas has a heart--which is why he can use the keyblade. The only reason everyone is so insistent that he's merely Roxas's nobody is because until Re:Coded, nobody knew that Ventus's heart was within Sora.

I'm not holding out for a third nobody. There's no reason for it. Roxas is already Sora's nobody containing Ventus's heart. Xehanort, on the other hand, is a wild card altogether. He'll be returning, that's certain, but in what form? His nobody and heartless have been defeated, and so the body and heart should reunite in Darkness and be reborn. As Master Xehanort? As Terranort? Both? Is Terra freed and reborn without Xehanort in his heart? What of the Unknown from Birth by Sleep who wears the Organization's cloak before the Organization exists and wields energy swords not dissimilar to those used by Xemnas? He's confirmed canon. There's more mystery yet without throwing another Sora nobody into the mix.

Mercen-X
08-03-2011, 02:53 AM
Y'ere al aff taupic! Git it tegither! Though I'll admit it's difficult to care about the original topic... :p

The most logical order in which to play the marathon is the order in which the games were released. Since the prequels contain stabby spoilers galore, it's obvious that Com should follow KH, then KH2, 358, BBS, and, finally, when it's released, 3DS.....