PDA

View Full Version : Modding Games

Laddy
07-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Do you mod? Do you use mods? How often do you use mods to change a game?

I love mods if they fit in with the game. I like modding Oblivion, Morrowind, and The Sims in particular.

Recently, I began modding Baldur's Gate 2, my second favorite game of all time. I just downloaded a pair of new party members you can pick as well as a romance subplot (he was intended to have one originally, but it was scrapped. Shame.) and a mod that facilitates banter between party members. They all work well, they fit the game world and offer a rewarding experience and uniqueness without dominating them. I hope to soon try to mod a set of party members for the game myself. (Anybody interested? xD)

So, do you use mods in games? How much, if at all?

Bolivar
07-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Never made any myself, but loved using them and seeking out interesting ones when I was really into that first generation of Half-Life expansions and derivatives. Counter-Strike in particular, since I was always playing it anyway, it wasn't hard to find a lobby that had some good mods on it. Of course, the game had an insane community making custom maps, but I'll always remember one X-Men mod where instead of picking guns and equipment on the loadout screen, you would select mutant powers. Good times :)

Rostum
07-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Towards the end of my 8 year career on FFXI I decided to mod heaps of things, first for asthetics and eventually for more sinister shenanigans.