PDA

View Full Version : Which game to play first?

Topaz Flare
07-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering since I have FF7 and FF7 crisis core I was wondering which one to play first? I know crisis core if a prequel to ff7 (I watched advent children aswell) so will i appreciate the story more if I play crisis core first or just play ff7 first ?

btw this will be the first time I play the ff7 series :D and is Dirge of Cerberus worth playing?

Slothy
07-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Well, playing Crisis Core before FF7 would spoil things for you going into FF7 that you aren't supposed to know from the start so clearly you should play FF7 first. It's also a lot better than Crisis Core despite having it's own flaws.

Flying Arrow
07-22-2011, 05:14 PM
My humble opinion is that you play 7 and ignore absolutely everything from the expanded universe, including Dirge of Cerberus.

Wolf Kanno
07-22-2011, 07:18 PM
My humble opinion is that you play 7 and ignore absolutely everything from the expanded universe, including Dirge of Cerberus.

I agree, but since you have both. I'd go with Vivi22's suggestion and play VII first then Crisis Core cause CC spoils several things that are frankly imo done better in the original. On the other hand, you'll be able to appreciate CC more after playing the original game first, cause you'll actually understand all the references to the original, as well as CC doesn't really do well in explaining the gravity of some of the situations and events in its own game cause their impact won't be felt until the main game.

Dreddz
07-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Starting with VII is a no brainer but I disagree that Crisis Core isn't worth your time. While its debatable as to whether it expanded the VII universe is any meaningful way, as a game to sit down and play it was well made and fun.

MJN SEIFER
07-30-2011, 04:10 AM
While its debatable as to whether it expanded the VII universe is any meaningful way .
I've not played it, but it probably didn't as I've heard that it was made to "explain" things the way Ultimania did, and most of what Ultimania explains I worked out for myself. May be wrong though.

silentenigma
08-03-2011, 05:03 AM

This. Try to forget Advent Children the best you can, and then play FF7.

Shaibana
08-03-2011, 12:27 PM
I think crisis core is a great game!! >: (
i did it the other way, not deliberate though. first CC than 7
and yes, crisis core does spoile it a bit. but in my opinion not that much that its gonna bother you when u play 7

Hot Shot
08-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Crisis Core was ok I guess. But always play games in the order of which it's been released imo.

In this day and age, I find it wierd that you haven't played VII, but have fun, it's a great game.

Topaz Flare
08-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Crisis Core was ok I guess. But always play games in the order of which it's been released imo.

In this day and age, I find it wierd that you haven't played VII, but have fun, it's a great game.

The huge hype put me off for ages, lol.

I did try a little bit, but the tv was weird and wouldn't show the rest of the screen then I had uni work so it got postponed 'til now:p

MJN SEIFER
08-07-2011, 05:15 PM
The huge hype put me off for ages, lol.
Never listen to hype. You end up either seeing something you're bound to hate or missing out on something you're bound to like.

Luckily, FFVII wasn't as hyped up when I got into it, but even if it was I'd still have given a go.