PDA

View Full Version : Main Villain?

Rodney
07-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Out of curiosity, I wanted to ask you all who you think is the main villain of FF3? Do you think it's Xande or the Cloud of Darkness? And why?

(I've never played FF3, so that's what makes me curious.)

TrollHunter
07-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Cloud of Darkness just kindof was like... "hay gais I'm laik the final boss surprise surprise PARTICLE BEAM!"
Xande actually had a more in-depth backstory about hating his actual truly amazing gift that he couldn't comprehend. mortality
I would go more in depth about it but I haven't played that game in ages so I don't remember most of it. I'll let someone do an essay length comment on it later. :cool:

In my opinion Xande was the main villain.

VeloZer0
07-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Just because someone is the last boss doesn't always mean they were the central villain of the game. I go with Xande all the way.

IMO they did a good job with him. Enough back story to make him interesting, but not enough to ruin the mystique.

Elpizo
07-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Xande was the villain, Cloud of Darkness was a mere force of nature doing its job.

VeloZer0
07-23-2011, 03:50 PM
I guess it would have been kind of like calling the Void the main villain of FF5.

Rodney
07-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Huh. I'd always figured Cloud of Darkness was the one given that she was the villain representative for FF3 in both Dissidia games rather than Xande.

TrollHunter
07-24-2011, 06:16 AM
Meh I kind of wish they put Xande in instead of the CoD. He would be fun to play as I bet.

VeloZer0
07-24-2011, 07:18 AM
It's not like Dissidia have a definitive list of who was the main villain of their respective titles. Golbez and Jecht are other good examples. And I think they worked far better than having Zeromus or Yu Yevon as characters.

Rodney
07-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Ah, Golbez was the main villain of FF4, though. Jecht . . . yeah. Didn't get that one. Should've been Seymour, but whatever.

VeloZer0
07-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Seymour wasn't the main villain either, just a repeatable encounter boss like the Turks or Ultros.

And Golbez is who you spend the game trying to deal with, only to find out it is Zemus you have to kill in the end. In FF3 you spend the whole game trying to deal with Xande, only to find out it is the Cloud of Darkness you must vanquish in the end.

A very similar situation between FF3 & FF4, the only difference is Xande didn't make appearances before the party until the very end of the game.

Rodney
07-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Eh. I go by FF Wiki here, and it definitely identifies Golbez and Seymour as the main villains. And yeah. It seems to identify both Cloud of Darkness and Xande as the main baddies of FF3. That's kinda why I got confused.

TrollHunter
07-25-2011, 05:18 AM
Sin is the main villain of FFX, Seymour is just a pain in the ass the entire time, he isn't the main villain. That's like saying Jesse and James from Pokemon are the main villains, when they're only reoccurring.
Yu Yevon being the most mediocre boss I've fought in years does NOT deserve the title of main villain. I don't care if he really is, he does not deserve it! Well really Jecht (bleh Final Aeon whatever) was the last boss of FFX and yu yevon was just for closure and story. So his appearance in Dissidia is justified in that sense.

Rodney
07-25-2011, 06:09 AM
Whatever. I got the answer I needed in regards to the thread. I decided to use both Xande and Cloud of Darkness for this poll I started just this evening: it's here (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8N6VZ98), if any of you wanna vote on it.

black orb
08-02-2011, 03:33 AM
>>> GOLDOR!!!..

Well, not the main villain but he was the most bad ass..:luca:

Rebellious Eagle
08-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Definitely Xande. The Cloud of Darkness was no more than the embodiment of the evil consuming the world. :3