PDA

View Full Version : Yo, I Need Voice Actors! (Baldur's Gate II Mod)

Laddy
07-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Hey guys, I'm currently working on a mod for the game Baldur's Gate II, in which I custom create ten party members in seperate mods to insert into the game. While I'm writing lines and doing the actual modding myself, I need people to to help voice the ten characters. I decided EoFFers are diverse and colorful, so they should be a great place to start for VA's. I might do one, but I have a very different voice in comparison to my personality, so I'd prefer to. And I'm a huge attention whore.

So, I need voice actors for various ages, genders, and accents. I have a relative idea of what I want them to sound like. If anyone would like to try one out, here's a description below.

R'Alise
Elf Chaotic Good Thief (Swashbuckler)
1. One's a young rogue type. He's confident, good-hearted, and a street rat or sorts. He has a dry sense of humor and likes mocking others he finds distasteful, but otherwise he's pretty calm and collected.

Qintarra
Human Neutral Good Cleric (Priest of Lathander)
2. Another's of a young priestess woman who has recently went through a transfromation in her life in which she's trying to replace impatience, snooty judgemental behavior, and superficiality with goodness, piety, and concern. She's good-hearted, but impatient and a bit spoiler. But she's aware and trying to improve herself.

Jyrelo
Half-Orc Lawful Good Fighter
3. This guy's of an older battle-hardened man with a real deep voice. He values honor and courage, being a veteran warrior. He has a paternal instinct for others and prefers to not waste words, though he's far from silent. He's also unusually eloquent.

Zhetrian
Half-Elf Neutral Good Bard
4. This guy's a young and well-meaning, but self-obsessed flamboyant performer type. He uses over-the-top eloquent language and is a bit of a braggart with a huge ego. Obsessed with image as well.

Stendan
Dwarf Lawful Neutral Fighter (Wizard Slayer) (Can Become Lawful Good)
5. This one's an older guy who's gruff, rude, and has little manners. He's a family man, but he prefers to stay out of others' affairs, for good or ill. He's very opinionated, but is never insulting.

Sprocket
Gnome True Neutral Mage (Illusionist)
6. This guy's a scholarly type who's concerned with research and theories primarily. He views others as specimans and has little abstract view on anything. He's smart but not haughty, though he fails to think that other people have little to no interest in his overly scientific nature.

Loriare
Elf Chaotic Good Sorceror (Can Become Chaotic Good or Chaotic Evil)
7. This young woman's a sultry woman who seems a little ambigious, she doesn't release her true thoughts on anything yet always seems observant and trying to comprehend and remmember things. She also has a scathing sense of humor. Amnesiac, so she compensates for her lack of self-idnetity with an exaggerated one.

Saefene
Human Lawful Evil Monk
8. This woman's an older woman who uses number 4 (her twin brother, Don't ask why they're different ages!) for money. She clearly hates him yet serves as his yes woman. She's disciplined and has a lot of self-control, but she doesn't doesn't mind exploiting people and telling others what she thinks of them behind their back.

Ulang
Halfling Chaotic Evil Barbarian
9. This guy's a barbarian with rage issues and little to no comprehension of social constructs or proper grammar. Yells a lot, not stable. Enjoy!

Psindler
Human Neutral Evil Fighter/Mage
10. This woman views others as products. She's humble, but malevolant. She always appraises people's worth and manages to become very curious in others, almost as if she's studying them. She's very polite, but has little or no regard for anyone's humanity other than her own.

If you're interested, try out with custom lines! (Writin's not quite done yet so I need inspiration!) I don't need EoFFers to fill all roles just looking for whatever. All characters are ambigious since I'm still fleshing them out a bit. Particularly names and alignments are up in the air.

Oh, and if this thread's bad or in the wrong place, don't band me. I haven't reached 5 years yet. :beg:

champagne supernova
07-24-2011, 10:00 AM
That's really cool. At the moment, I can do 11 - Guy with cracked nasal voice - because I have bad sinusitis, but maybe I can try 4 or 6.

Shiny
07-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Roogle and rubah would probably make good voice actors. I suck at accents so chyeah.

Araciel
07-24-2011, 04:07 PM
I can do anyone big and/or scary for the most part. I would love to help simply for the fact that it's BG2

AngelWings8
07-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Oooo this sounds so exciting and cool! I've never tried something like this before, so if you're willing to use someone completely inexperienced, I find #2 and #7 to be interesting.

DMKA
07-24-2011, 05:36 PM
I did voice acting for my friend's senior project. They seemed to think I did well. They were shocked that it was me. :p

*Devore*
07-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Sounds cool. My voice is pretty low so I could probably do one of the older male characters.

Laddy
07-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks! I'm open to any accent. The game is loaded with slews of accents, so you can use any you like! Thanks! :D

EDIT: Keep in mind, this mod will not require FULL voicing. None of the characters in the game are fully voiced, and this is no exception. So it definitely isn't what you'd call overly hard work.

champagne supernova
07-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Thanks! I'm open to any accent. The game is loaded with slews of accents, so you can use any you like! Thanks! :D

Well, I can do a South African accent. Doubt that's ever been used in a video game.

Laddy
07-24-2011, 10:05 PM
That would be fine! I would delight in having a character with a South African accent!

EDIT: Updated first post with more concrete character information.

NorthernChaosGod
07-25-2011, 02:39 AM
Oooh, can I do 5 or 9? :monster:

Laddy
07-25-2011, 02:44 AM
Absolutely! Have fun!

Loony BoB
07-25-2011, 03:13 PM
I can do my voice, which has a New Zealand accent. I'm not really sure on how that fits any specific role. If you give me a line, I can say it.

Laddy
07-25-2011, 10:32 PM
All right, here are lines for the first three characters. There's the first line they say when you meet them as well as a couple of standard lines. Note, these are FAR from the final versions. xD

1. R'Alise - Elf Chaotic Good Thief (Swashbuckler)
A young rogue type. He's confident, good-hearted, and a street rat or sorts. He has a dry sense of humor and likes mocking others he finds distasteful, but otherwise he's pretty calm and collected.

"Well, it's not overly often I see someone as well-equipped as you wanderin' in the slums. I'm R'Alise, general scaliwag, scumeater, and scoundrel extrodinaire. I'm a bit of a friend of these streets. So, as the Unofficial Slum Welcome Committee, is there anything I can do for you?"

While starting a battle: "Hold 'em off as long as you can!"

With Low HP: "Erm, I'm kinda...all over the place...literally."

When Doing Evil Deeds: "This is definitely not who I wanted to associate myself with. We should be doing a lot better."

2. Qintarra - Human Neutral Good Cleric (Priest of Lathander)
A young priestess woman who has recently went through a transfromation in her life in which she's trying to replace impatience, snooty judgemental behavior, and superficiality with goodness, piety, and concern. She's good-hearted, but impatient and a bit spoiler. But she's aware and trying to improve herself.

"By Lathander what are you people doing here? Go, at once! I can't sit here and let you people get yourselves killed trying to help some silly priestess! Please run, now!"

When made the leader of a party: "Well that was easy! Do you just hand out your autonomy to people often?"

When fleeing from battle: "You can call it whatever you want! I'm outta here!"

With Low HP: "I...I stil have a lot to learn. Please, don't...don't let me go like this."

3. Jyrelo - Half-Orc Lawful Good Fighter
An older battle-hardened man with a real deep voice. He values honor and courage, being a veteran warrior. He has a paternal instinct for others and prefers to not waste words, though he's far from silent. He's also unusually eloquent.

"Greetings. I don't wish to be dismissive of rude, but I need some time alone. It is nothing personal, but I doubt you wish to spend your bar time talking to some old man with a bunch of broken dreams."

Entering Battle: "By my honor, you shall not take them!"

When Suffering from Fatigue: "I will carry on as much as you wish me to, but I must rest to perform optimally."

Critical Hit: "A grand blow!"

4. Zhetrian - Half-Elf Neutral Good Bard
A young and well-meaning, but self-obsessed flamboyant performer type. He uses over-the-top eloquent language and is a bit of a braggart with a huge ego. Obsessed with image as well.

"Greeting ladies and gentlemen! I am the grand performer Zhetrian, the most capricious and bedazzling! The dearest bane of fathers and the supreme desire of their daughters! An exobritant weaver of words and song, here to amaze your every perception!"

Doing Good Deeds: "I am pleased with being an actor in a most fanciful tale of adventure and heroism!"

When Entering Battle: "Avast, comrades! Give these hellish fiends no quarter!

Low HP: "Dearest sire, I seem to be undertaking a fatiguing wound most... Oh, confound it all! I'm hurt!"

5. Stendan - Dwarf Lawful Neutral Fighter (Wizard Slayer) (Can Become Lawful Good)
An older guy who's gruff, rude, and has little manners. He's a family man, but he prefers to stay out of others' affairs, for good or ill. He's very opinionated, but is never insulting.

"Aye, what is it ye being needin'! I've lots o' bottoms ta feed, so I've no time to hear some the babblin' of some puny wrench, aye?"

Low HP: "'Scuse me, master. I've a family waitin' for me back home, I nay cannae be a father and hubby if me body's all hacked up."

After listening to Zhetrian: "Aye, I hardly find such a claim as outlandish as that to come from a whelping pixie such as yeself."

After Doing Nothing For a Period of Time: "What do ye want me ta do? Eat a rock or something? Off with ye!"

6. Sprocket - Gnome True Neutral Mage (Illusionist)
A scholarly type who's concerned with research and theories primarily. He views others as specimans and has little abstract view on anything. He's smart but not haughty, though he fails to think that other people have little to no interest in his overly scientific nature.

"Hello, good person. Oh, but I do not wish to intrude. I am Sprocket, a researcher employed to study and observe fine people such as yourself with...unique heritages. I know this may be coming all rather sudden, but I must say, compliance with my study could prove most beneficial."

Spell Failed: "Oh, I seemed to have failed to calibrate my spell in accordiance to proper technique!"

Entering Battle: "Prepare to undergo the process of rigor mortis!"

Critical Hit: "A most optimal evaluation on my part!"

7. Loriare - Elf Chaotic Good Sorceror (Can Become Chaotic Good or Chaotic Evil)
A young, sultry woman who seems a little ambigious, she doesn't release her true thoughts on anything yet always seems observant and trying to comprehend and remmember things. She also has a scathing sense of humor. Amnesiac, so she compensates for her lack of self-idnetity with an exaggerated one.

"Hi, darling. I must say, I've been positively ages for someone as bold as yourself to come by. Do you mind giving me a hand. Needless to say, I'm in quite a predicament, and it would be far better to not have to go it alone, of you know what I mean."

Critical Miss: "Well, that was just dreadful!"

When Fleeing: "You say discretion, I say live and let live..."

Fatigued: "A quick beauty rest would be absolutely fabulous. Of course, I shall lead it to our WISE and ALL-KNOWING leader to decide. *yawn*"

8. Saefene - Human Lawful Evil Monk
An older woman who uses number 4 (her twin brother, Don't ask why they're different ages!) for money. She clearly hates him yet serves as his yes woman. She's disciplined and has a lot of self-control, but she doesn't doesn't mind exploiting people and telling others what she thinks of them behind their back.

"Ladies, gentlemen! All apologies. We understand that you've been waiting for a show (and what a show it was...) but I regret to inform you the ALL-MIGHTY Zhetrian is undergoing "technical difficulties" at the moment. If you would like to return at a later date (though Gods know why...) we promise the show would be most joyful!"

Zhetrian Dies In Combat: "Oh my dear brother, WHATEVER shall I DO..."

Critical Hit: "*laughs manically*"

Doing Evil Deeds: "It seems you lot have finally learned the values of ambition and self-service. I am most proud."

9. Ulang (Yes, he's a cannibal. There are cannibalistic hobbits in this game and he's an outcast of one of them) - Halfling Chaotic Evil Barbarian
A barbarian with rage issues and little to no comprehension of social constructs or proper grammar. Yells a lot, not stable. Enjoy!

"You! You there! What you want with me? I do nothing! Nothing at all! I just hungry! Hungry and picky when it comes to choice of food!"

Entering Battle: "*screams Maniacally"

Entering Battle 2: "You look most delicious! *laughs*"

Doing Good Deeds: "I'm HUNGRY! Give me food!"

10. Psindle - Human Neutral Evil Fighter/Mage
This woman views others as products. She's humble, but malevolant. She always appraises people's worth and manages to become very curious in others, almost as if she's studying them. She's very polite, but has little or no regard for anyone's humanity other than her own.

"Greetings, good customer. I am Psindle, a merchant of sorts. If you wish, I have some fine merchandise in the back if you'd wish to see it. *chuckles* You won't find finer products anywhere else in Athkatla."

Entering Battle: "Don't hurt the merchandise! At least, not too much!"

As she witnesses a slaver stockade: "These brutes are simply terrible businessmen. They don't keep the products in line at all. Look at them! Their condition is absolutely horrid!"

While In a Dungeon: "I've been used to throwing people in dungeons. Interesting bit of irony I'd find end up in one myself"

sharkythesharkdogg
07-27-2011, 12:45 AM
How does this even work? I could read a few lines and see if it's something you like.

Værn
07-27-2011, 01:32 AM
Hmmm... Zhetrian sounds like a character I'd enjoy playing, though I can't really say I have the voice for it.

Laddy
07-27-2011, 02:13 AM
How does this even work? I could read a few lines and see if it's something you like.

Exactly. Hell, you could give an entire monolgue as your interpretation of the character if you want.

Oh, Zhetrian will be loads of fun, lemme tell you that. xD

I'll be posting more lines soon. Check the edited post!

Værn
07-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Oh, yeah. Random question. Has Zhetrian died before? ^_^

Laddy
07-27-2011, 08:08 AM
No. Unless you let him die over and over in combat and keep reviving him. Hearing his grandiose dying words in contrast to his sister's complete lack of interest in his well-being is hilarious.

In other words, as you meet him, no. ;)

Værn
07-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Dang. A reincarnation spell would explain not only why his "twin sister" is older but also why they're different races. My next best guess is that one of them has been playing with polymorph spells.

Laddy
07-27-2011, 09:08 AM
They're twins fathered by two different people. Seeing as Half-Elves age at a slower rate, Zhetrian is quite young, about 20's, while Saefene is quite a bit older, comparatively. I would say they're about 40's. Making Zhetrian in his 20's comparatively. Saefene's status as an unwanted and illegitimate child basically made her mad and bitter as her much more favored and talented brother absorbed all her attention and love from their parents. Needless to say, working for him as his bodyguard is certainly not due to familial loyalty. ;) Sibling rivalry turned more into sibling mutual hatred.

Of course, when your brother is a talented and noted performer, to take advantage of such a relationship for one's gain is to be expected. ;)

Loony BoB
07-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Got an email to send the lines to, Laddy? By the way, I kinda added stuff to your quote post so I could read it a little easier, I trust you don't mind. =x

Laddy
07-27-2011, 09:14 PM
All right. I'll PM it to you.

Laddy
07-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Imma double post. Vive la revolution!

BoB sent his audition in. It was very good. Send some more in, please! It'll be fun and you'll be credited and be the subject of adoration for my fans-to-be...or something!

NorthernChaosGod
07-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Wait, we're writing our own lines to try out? Can I just yell "This is Sparta" for number 9?

AngelWings8
07-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Btw, how did you want these "lines"...like, recorded on a webcam mic and just sent to an email address? Now I'm getting nervous. I get embarrassed easily :O_O:

champagne supernova
07-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm going to still be sick for a bit, so unless one of your characters has a permanent cold, I'll see if you still need characters when I'm better.

*Devore*
07-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Ive done one for R'Alise. PM me your email and I'll send it to you.
Im also gonna tryout for Stendan, Sprocket and Ulang. But can you record yourself saying these names cause im not sure if I'm saying them right.

Laddy
07-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Hell, you can say anything in character if you want. But I have some actual concept lines in the glorious thread somewhere.

Also, don't be nervous AngelWings! :kaocheer:

I'm not picky on name pronunciations right now. ;D

DarkSpace
08-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Hi I'm DarkSpace. I'm Male and use an AT2020 Mic with Adobe Audition. I will work with you the director and your audio is just right. I have professional acting training along with professional voice acting training. I am always available and will do beast, human, magical, robotic, even accents. I work for free after I receive your copy (script) and directions and all I ask is to be listed in credits. I'm a law professor by training. Don't tell anyone! =) Thank you!

Demo: Dark_Space's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free (http://soundcloud.com/dark_space)

You can just PM or email me any of the script/copy of the characters you'd like me to audition for.

Madonna
08-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Laddy, we need to have a sexy funtimes voice chat. I suggest you get a bunch of people together and let everyone have fun. I am sure someone will do something you love.

Laddy
08-14-2011, 03:33 PM
That sounds supberb!