PDA

View Full Version : Hookah

Yar
07-27-2011, 06:33 AM
i love hookah :love:

lets talka bout hookah

Shlup
07-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Smoking from a hookah is pretty enjoyable. I have a small one.

I Took the Red Pill
07-27-2011, 07:25 AM
I was going to post the smiley that was just a head nodding

then i saw we don't have that smiley anymore :-/

Breine
07-27-2011, 06:33 PM
I love smoking from a hookah. It's just so nice and soothing. I haven't done it for a long time, though. I guess mainly because I don't have one myself. I've been wanting to get one for a long time now, but if you are to buy a decent one they are pretty expensive around here.

rubah
07-27-2011, 06:40 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-O1q067jYsbg/Tiuzk7r0HXI/AAAAAAAAAdU/Xkf9X-jqeds/s576/IMAG0288.jpg

Yar
07-27-2011, 06:43 PM
yessss rubahs

AngelWings8
07-27-2011, 07:12 PM
I love hookah...but it's been awhile since I've done it. We used to have my friend's hookah in our apartment for awhile, but since we moved to another building we can't do it anymore cause our balcony is small and there's some "no smoking" condo regulations. :rolleyes:

Bastian
07-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Here's my problem with hookah smoking: it's still bad for you. Smoking ANYTHING (yes, even that one particular herb) is bad for you.

A lot of people pretend that it isn't because it's been a fad for a while now, but it is.

A lot of people I know who were always on the "smoking is gross" bandwagon that I drive are smokers now because they gave into the hookah peer pressure.

I hate smoking. Any smoking. It's disgusting and will kill you. :D

Shlup
07-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Inhaling the grey dust of burning things into your pink lungs isn't good for you?? GASP!

When I do things, how good or bad it is for me is only part of my decision making process. If I did everything based on just that, I wouldn't be sitting here on my butt, doubling my chance of having a heart attack.

Peegee
07-27-2011, 09:25 PM
The last time I had hookah I was in new york city after a day of wandering around manhattan and area eating like a king and not visiting anything of value. I did see the empire state building....on the roof of a hotel or something.

Anyway by this time I had downed so many drinks I was not cognizant of my surroundings. Apparently they told me the next day that I grabbed the hookah hose (wait this means it was not hookah) and offered it to a couple of janes that were dancing. They were like 'wtf'

Whatever. Tossers. Then I started dancing on the table and kicked the whole thing crashing down, sending fire and coals all over the couch. I remember seeing fire on the couch! Yay memories!

n______________n

NorthernChaosGod
07-27-2011, 10:06 PM
One of the bathrooms at my gym smells like hookah.

TrollHunter
07-27-2011, 11:13 PM
When my dad was forced to investigate rooms to confiscate stuff that isn't allowed (air force academy) he found a room with over 30 hookahs. He then found that the cadet in the room also had made... a working fish tank into a hookah. It still had the fish inside it swimming around and everything. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Yar
07-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Here's my problem with hookah smoking: it's still bad for you. Smoking ANYTHING (yes, even that one particular herb) is bad for you.

A lot of people pretend that it isn't because it's been a fad for a while now, but it is.

A lot of people I know who were always on the "smoking is gross" bandwagon that I drive are smokers now because they gave into the hookah peer pressure.

I'm not trying to say it isn't bad for me. I know its bad. But its not a habit and I do it on occasion with friends, like other things!

I love sitting around chilling with my close friends relaxing and socializing. Its fun

Levian
07-28-2011, 01:41 AM
My stomach and chest starts hurting when I'm around a lot of smoke, so I'm not a fan. Not sure what's up with my body. Hopefully it's not terminal or contagious. :mog:

Something also tells me Hookah is more common abroad than in Norway.

rubah
07-28-2011, 02:42 AM

How can it be disgusting if it's so damn tasty?!

my friend claims that it's not bad for you, or not as bad, I'm not sure which he says, but I don't depend on that for my health. I depend on it being an expensive habit (going to lounges) and doing it every few months or so for my health!

fire_of_avalon
07-28-2011, 03:12 AM
Eh. I don't get any enjoyment out of it. So I don't do it.

Rantz
07-28-2011, 08:43 AM
It's pretty nice. Tastes and smells much better than most other types of smoking to me. I could see doing it on occasion if I had one, but I see it more as a social thing than anything else, like alcohol. We're ingesting the same foreign substance, yey~

NorthernChaosGod
07-28-2011, 09:20 AM

How can it be disgusting if it's so damn tasty?!

my friend claims that it's not bad for you, or not as bad, I'm not sure which he says, but I don't depend on that for my health. I depend on it being an expensive habit (going to lounges) and doing it every few months or so for my health!

I hear it's supposed to be much worse than cigarettes since you smoke so much. Or something like that. :|

Peegee
07-28-2011, 05:52 PM
the act of smoking is not good for your lung tissue. that's all.

NorthernChaosGod
07-28-2011, 07:42 PM
No one is arguing it's good for you. >:[

Bastian
07-29-2011, 12:44 AM
No one is arguing it's good for you. >:[
Well, someone's friend up above claimed it "wasn't bad for you" and the culture that started it (Turkey, right?) claims it's GOOD for your health. :P

My issue with it is that it's just another terribly unhealthy silly fad that can kill people. And I'm annoyed that some of my friends who would NEVER have taken up smoking cigarettes are now totally addicted to tobacco due to falling for the peer preasure of hookah. If you smoke any kind of tobacco and claim you're not addicted, you're fooling yourself.

The whole "but it's a social thing" rational annoys me. If all of your friends turned into emo dbags (god forbid) and got together to sit in a circle and cut their wrists together, I'd hope you'd have enough will to not cave in and sit yourself down to enjoy the social fun of blood letting. :/ "But it feels so good!" "But we just all like to sit on a couch and cut our wrists and laugh!" "It won't hurt me!" "It's good for your health!" :/

AngelWings8
07-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Eh, I smoked cigs when my friends smoked them back in college. I also hookahed a bunch of times. I've never once had a craving or bought a pack of cigarettes though. For me, it's purely if some friends want to hang out and chill and smoke hookah and drink beer, I'll join in. But I really can't stand the taste of cigarettes now and don't know how I ever smoked them before :yuck:

demondude
07-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Straight edge people are boring though.

Agent Proto
07-29-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't smoke, nor have I done the hookah. My brother once owned one though, so I've been around it before. Not something I want to get into though. I hear its more dangerous than plain smoking though, so I intend to keep on doing what I do and not smoke the hookah.

rubah
07-30-2011, 08:59 PM
If you smoke any kind of tobacco and claim you're not addicted, you're fooling yourself.
This is wrong.

I smoke every few months, almost always with drinking, and only when others are also smoking. Between these times, I don't crave nicotine, I don't miss smoking, I don't imagine myself smoking, basically don't show any signs whatsoever of any sort of addiction, mental or physical.

Nicotine is a powerfully addicting drug, but it's not infinitely addictive. You're welcome to hate it and proselytize against it, but you shouldn't spread lies, especially when you were just getting your panties in a wad about the misconceptions other people have about tobacco products.

k? k.

Rye
07-31-2011, 03:45 AM
I've been curious to try, but I honestly don't like smoking too much at all, even the special herb from a classy pipe or a glass one. I just prefer to use a vape at all times. It's smoother and it doesn't bother my lungs. That's just me though and my preferences. I have delicate wee lungs.

I mostly want to try hookah for the taste.

Pike
07-31-2011, 06:16 AM
So I think it's officially a tradition now that anytime Justy makes a thread I have to reply saying that I have never experienced what is being discussed in the original post.

NorthernChaosGod
07-31-2011, 11:32 PM
Straight edge people are boring though.
Want to go do some drugs then?

demondude
07-31-2011, 11:56 PM
What you got?

NorthernChaosGod
08-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Cocaine?

demondude
08-01-2011, 02:48 PM
No you don't.

NorthernChaosGod
08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
You don't know that. I know people.

demondude
08-01-2011, 07:52 PM
You're the kind of person that would buy somebody's dandruff by accident so I dunno. I'll go get my fix from MJN Seifer if you don't mind. He is wild.

NorthernChaosGod
08-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Dandruff tastes nothing like cocaine, noob.

demondude
08-01-2011, 08:06 PM
YesIwasmakingfunofyou.

NorthernChaosGod
08-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Iranwiththejoke,jackass.

demondude
08-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Unfortunatelyyoucameoffseriousperhapsyoushouldpractisemore

NorthernChaosGod
08-01-2011, 08:13 PM
That'sthejoke.mp3

demondude
08-01-2011, 08:49 PM
You'restillmissingmypoint.exe

TrollHunter
08-01-2011, 08:58 PM
DemonDude x NCG for best couple~

AngelWings8
08-01-2011, 09:07 PM
DemonDude x NCG for best couple~

I second this!

Shlup
08-01-2011, 09:55 PM
If you smoke any kind of tobacco and claim you're not addicted, you're fooling yourself.
This is wrong.
Indeed. I don't think shisha is particularly addictive. Regardless, I just don't think I have an addictive personality. Everyone on my dad's side of the family smokes and drinks, and I've done plenty of both, but haven't ever felt addicted to either.

You're starting to sound like an old minister's wife, Bastian! It's not healthy to smoke, sure, but it's not meth ffs.

I've been curious to try, but I honestly don't like smoking too much at all, even the special herb from a classy pipe or a glass one. I just prefer to use a vape at all times. It's smoother and it doesn't bother my lungs. That's just me though and my preferences. I have delicate wee lungs.

I mostly want to try hookah for the taste.

I think most people would prefer to vape, but vaporizers are expensive.

Well, maybe not for tobacco. BJ's company actually sells those e-cigarettes, so we have a few and have given a few out to friends, but it hasn't really cut down on how many cigarette butts are in the ash tray on my patio. Heh.

NorthernChaosGod
08-02-2011, 01:15 AM
You'restillmissingmypoint.exe
No u.

demondude
08-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Sorry, babe. Come 'ere and cuddle and we'll forget the whole thing.

NorthernChaosGod
08-02-2011, 02:23 AM
I call big spoon!

Rye
08-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Honestly, my friend has one that gets the job done that he spent an even $100. He saves a lot more money in the fact that it expends less special herb to use a vaporizer, so it's paid itself off in the long wrong! I just figure that some people really enjoy the sensation of smoking, hence why not everyone vapes.

rubah
08-02-2011, 04:57 AM
so it's paid itself off in the long wrong!

this is what happens when you vaporize dope, kids ;DDDD

I Took the Red Pill
08-02-2011, 05:12 AM
so it's paid itself off in the long wrong!

this is what happens when you vaporize dope, kids ;DDDDhttp://i.imgur.com/wURRF.jpg

Rye
08-02-2011, 12:20 PM
:shobon: