PDA

View Full Version : How Much Time Did I Lose?

DMKA
07-28-2011, 01:16 AM
So I started playing this game again and I'm LOVING IT but just now the game froze up on me while I was playing as Sabin only right at the beginning of his scenario after the Lete River raft thing. I had already done the Edgar/Terra/Banon scenario but not yet the Locke scenario...and then it froze and then well...

...I restarted, and to my utter dismay, my save was somehow retrodated itself. I'm now back on the field right outside Mt Kolts as Terra, Edgar and Locke, before you meet Sabin.

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

So how many hours of playtime does it typically take to get back to where I was from where I am? I want to know so I can talk myself into doing it.

Levian
07-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Ah, not far behind at all then. You just need to finish up Mt. Koltz really. What's next is just a big talk talk talk scene in the Returner's Hideout, so all you need to do is tapping buttons rapidly. If you're on an emulator, you can speed up the process as well.

Definitely shouldn't take you more than an hour to get back to the three way scenario split up I reckon. :p Just start with Locke's scenario so you get to do something fresh ;D

DMKA
07-28-2011, 01:34 AM
Ah, not far behind at all then. You just need to finish up Mt. Koltz really. What's next is just a big talk talk talk scene in the Returner's Hideout, so all you need to do is tapping buttons rapidly. If you're on an emulator, you can speed up the process as well.

Definitely shouldn't take you more than an hour to get back to the three way scenario split up I reckon. :p Just start with Locke's scenario so you get to do something fresh ;D

Ah, that's not too bad then. Thanks! :D

Ashley Riot
07-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Cool, I just started playing meself and utterly enjoying it. Using an emulator though with the retrans hacked rom or something like that. At the part where the party find Terra after she flew off...

Dude, you lost very little time, Give or take about 2 hours of play maybe less. at that point ur not even far behind me. Read somewhere that the game has 80hours of play so dont go giving in after losing 2. ( I would normally do that and say fuck it!) Save often and if ur using an emulator , abuse multiple save states.

And remember "Don't tease the octopus kids!!!!"

blackmage_nuke
07-28-2011, 02:06 PM
I believe if you are using an emulator, loading a loading a save state will load normal saves you had at the time since snes and gba save onto the cartridge instead of a memory card or something.

And assuming you didnt do the other two scenarios first it will only take an hour or so to get back to where you were.

Inferno
07-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Read somewhere that the game has 80hours of play so dont go giving in after losing 2.

Where the hell did you read this !? It can be done in 15-20 hours. Of course, not the first time you play it.

Mirage
07-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Don't say that, I recently talked to a guy while he was playing it for the first time, and he had done most of the most time consuming side quests and finished kefka with less than 30 hours on the clock. Not including the dragon's den.

Slothy
07-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Levian nailed it. I actually covered half of the section you have to redo in the 20 minutes or so that I was waiting for Captain America to start so it shouldn't take more than an hour (yay SNES emulators for my Android). Maybe less since you can blaze through the dialogue.

And yeah, anyone who ever says this game takes more than 30 hours to beat is a liar. And it might take you 30 hours if you haven't played many RPG's before and are looking to find everything in the game. But assuming you're old enough to remember when the SNES was the most advanced console on the market you shouldn't take more than 25 hours even on a first playthrough.

DMKA
07-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Levian nailed it. I actually covered half of the section you have to redo in the 20 minutes or so that I was waiting for Captain America to start so it shouldn't take more than an hour (yay SNES emulators for my Android). Maybe less since you can blaze through the dialogue.

And yeah, anyone who ever says this game takes more than 30 hours to beat is a liar. And it might take you 30 hours if you haven't played many RPG's before and are looking to find everything in the game. But assuming you're old enough to remember when the SNES was the most advanced console on the market you shouldn't take more than 25 hours even on a first playthrough.

I am also playing on my Android phone. It's the best thing ever (minus the little save file mishap). :love:

Greatermaximus
08-03-2011, 07:51 AM
You've barely scratched the surface in terms of getting cool items, bosses, and story. It depends if you want to discover the mystery or look into the future by FAQ. A choice you have to make. We'd recommend figuring out most of the game on your own first obviously.

The first thing that comes to mind in the beginning is the Opera. I'll never forget it when someone mentions a first playthrough. IMO it's probably the best game I've ever enjoyed and known for a console game. There are other games designed to be more competitive. FFVI has to be the most imaginative and creative ever yet opinions differ. ;)

champagne supernova
08-03-2011, 01:31 PM
I am also playing on my Android phone. It's the best thing ever (minus the little save file mishap). :love:

How and where can I get this from?

Slothy
08-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm using SNESoid Lite for my emulator and ROM Gripper to download roms directly on my phone. There's a paid version of SNESoid that has things like save states and other features, but the Lite version is free and has all the features the SNES ever had so I feel no need to purchase the full version. I'd recommend not bothering to download anything remotely action oriented though. Touch screens are terrible for just about anything on the SNES other than RPG's. There are also other emulators for different systems as well.You can get all of these programs from the Google Marketplace.

Pike
08-03-2011, 09:52 PM
When I first played this game I spent like ten hours alone lost in Zozo or whatever that town was :|

theundeadhero
08-04-2011, 09:15 AM
At the three way split continue with Terra and Bannon's story first, then do Sabin's second. That way you get to use Shadow during Sabin's adventure.