PDA

View Full Version : Stuff?

CimminyCricket
07-29-2011, 07:40 AM
How often do you buy stuff? When you do buy stuff, what kind of stuff do you buy?

Today I almost bought a remote control tank that shoots BBs, but before I could do so I had to ask the permission of the other half. She said that I could, so long as I promised not to shoot her. I couldn't make that kind of commitment, so instead I bought a Green Lantern mask and ring set (the ring didn't even fit my pinky which was a disappointment, but I didn't mind too much I have a ring already). And then I bought a Super Mario Bros. chess set (who the hell is the other, short-hair princess?) I don't play chess all the time, but I play enough to buy a chess set at 20% from a company that's going out of business (Borders, how I will miss thee).

Oh. And I also bought some pajamas. They're the kind that have the button up top shirt and the matching pants. They were on sale too, not from borders, but they were still 15$ off, which was too good to pass up.

rubah
07-29-2011, 07:53 PM
welcome to capitalistica!

the last thing I bought was a pair of flippy floppies I guess

fire_of_avalon
07-30-2011, 04:18 AM
Daisy.

The last thing I bought that wasn't food was a pair of elbow length, purple latex gloves. I'm going to add feathers a la Kim Woodburn.

http://www.womenspeakers.co.uk/uploadedfiles/KimWoodburnws.jpg

Pike
07-31-2011, 06:58 PM
All I buy is food, gas, and cheap games off of Steam.

No, really, that's all I buy.

demondude
07-31-2011, 07:01 PM
I joined here on the condition that it was to be a Kim Woodburn-free zone. I am leaving.

Shlup
08-01-2011, 10:04 PM
I haven't really done any shopping for fun for a few months because I'm trying to save up a down payment for a house, but when I need toilet paper or tooth paste or something, I usually go to Target, where I buy at least one thing I didn't intend to buy. Last time I went I got a purse and sunglasses, which I needed, but I probably didn't need the strawberry Hello Kitty paper pad. Well, maybe I did. No, I definitely did.

AngelWings8
08-01-2011, 10:07 PM
I just bought wedding gifts today...but I guess it's not "stuff" for myself. Then I saw a sale on Neutrogena products on amazon so I bought a face wash and SPF 30 face lotion for myself, and a men's face wash for the boyfriend...came out to $15 total? I buy a lot of these random "stuffs" when they're on sale to stock up...

Shiny
08-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Recently I bought a usb flash drive in the shape of a turtle. I also purchased a few clothing items and will be making another trip because I realized I forgot to buy what I initially intended to buy -- which is shorts because I have none. :shiny:

Casey
08-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Food, whey protein, vitamins, clothes, gas... etc

Last thing I bought was a Juicer. (http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BJE200XL-700-Watt-Compact-Fountain/dp/B000MDHH06/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312235881&sr=8-1)

black orb
08-02-2011, 01:55 AM
>>> Food and videogames.

Its all you need to win in life..:luca:

magewarrior
08-06-2011, 06:33 PM
I havn't bought anything recently 'cept for food to put in the fridge. Besides that I usually buy anime, whenever a certain dvd set comes out that i like, and when I like to splurge on something it usually ends up being tech related.

Breine
08-07-2011, 01:24 PM
The last thing I bought that wasn't either food or beverages (read: alcohol) was 4 pairs of socks in neat colours. I needed socks.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Most of my extra money recently has been spent on getting that RX-7 dependable again. Having two cars really does make things easier.

I did buy Heavy Rain the other day, but I still haven't even opened it. I also bought some DnD miniatures for two campaigns I'm playing.

Loony BoB
08-08-2011, 04:18 PM
I recently bought a new HDTV to replace the CRT TV in the bedroom. Along with that, I bought a Samsung 320GB external hard drive so we can watch downloaded movies/TV series in the bedroom thanks to the USB function on the TV. I've bought a few nice meals for Danielle and myself. Uhm, what else... I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting. Oh well. I'll probably buy some tickets to some stand-up comedy soon, and on 6th September there's Resistance 3, the first of a bunch of games being released that I intend on purchasing before the end of the year. Not to mention a certain engagement ring...

Pheesh
08-08-2011, 04:26 PM
I bought an awesome jacket today, it was marked way down and I can't wait till it gets here. And yeah, I do most of my shopping online now days.

Pike
08-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Not to mention a certain engagement ring...

:eek: yay grats~

Loony BoB
08-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Not to mention a certain engagement ring...

:eek: yay grats~
That was in the part of things I am going to buy, not that I have already bought. xD

Pike
08-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Well consider yourself early grats'd xD

Araciel
08-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Tons... almost daily I am buying stuff - gaming stuff like books and stationary supplies, to tools and home improvement, computer components, novels and guide books.. yeah I love stuff.

Peegee
08-08-2011, 07:21 PM
I was looking to change to another phone (it would not cost me anything actually) but none of the phones are any good, and I won't settle for a phone that won't let me install cyanogen mod

As for shopping itself, I don't really have time to shop. I just bought 4 airplane tickets for a grand (vacation) and want to save up about that much for 3 weeks of spending (maybe more), then there's the house I will need to pay for all by myself (bc I, like the idiot I am, must make everything super duper annoying and difficult). I don't forsee an actual problem but like shlup it means no reckless spending.

This year's purchases prior to this moment were:

PS3
40" LED flat screen tv
Weekend partying in NYC. Our hotel was smack in the middle of times square. I paid for my own way and my share of wedding boy's expenses
http://www.holidayapartments.co.uk/brox/usa/acc/us_cities/images/usa-ny1-doubletree-img4.jpg
Groomsman expenses for my friend's wedding (though this is nothing compared to bridesmaids)
4x stopover 3 week vacation to USA

If money allows for it, I want to get a dual core netbook because my travel laptop (used mostly for internet and boredom) cannot view 720 or 1080p movies.