My courses:

AP English
AP Biology II
AP Government
Musical Theater
Broadcasting
Finite Math
Economics

I already finished my Foreign Language course (French), so I'm excited that our school has FINALLY got a Theater course of some sort. I sincerely hope New York University accepts me and I get some financial aid under my belt. I'm so nervous, but if all goes well, you'll be seeing Laddy on the stage and screen (tremble the thought!)

I tell you, if I do, Rye's taking me shopping.

So, talk about school.

Pike
07-29-2011, 03:43 PM
I've been out of school for several years. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with it, where I enjoy learning and have had several good classes and teachers, but I have problems with certain aspects of the whole educational model. I was always a "B" student-- I learned very quickly how to put juuuust enough effort into things to come out above average, so I didn't have to waste any more of my precious videogame time doing homework.

That said, I dearly wish I could go back to school. I currently cannot, as I am broke. :(

Edit: Laddy you have some seriously boss classes. My high school didn't offer anything cool like that xD

Jessweeee♪
07-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Aw man. My senior year I wanted to take technical theater because I love doing stagework but not so much being in the spotlight. I didn't because you had to take the class that involved acting first, and I really didn't want to do that. Also that's neat that your school when from having zero theater classes to suddenly having a class specializing in musical theater. Whenever the drama department at my school wanted to do a musical they just collaborated with the choir director.

Pike
07-29-2011, 05:00 PM
So was my high school the only one that didn't offer any theatre courses beyond just Drama 101? All of you guys get these cool theatre/communication classes and I didn't. I wish my school had offered those...

...so I could have taken them and then convinced myself not to major in it :x

AngelWings8
07-29-2011, 05:34 PM
I wish I had taken theater in high school...so I could see if I had a talent for acting and become a movie star :-P

All wishful thinking aside...I was a huge dork in high school...I don't think I enjoyed it very much but I do kinda miss my orchestra. It felt like such a close family and we would go on all these trips for orchestra competitions...so much fun! We got to take a bus up to Toronto once and saw Niagra Falls.

Madame Adequate
07-29-2011, 05:38 PM
I hated school until we got to A-Levels, then it got a bit less shiet. Undergraduate was awesome, I would do it again in a heartbeat, I fucking loved everything about it - the classes, the teachers (Except for a couple), the assignments, and the other people on the course.

Postgraduate was truly abominable. I hated it so much. The only thing that kept me going was having Rye there with me. All the shit surrounding it with housemates, landlords, classes, colleagues, everything, it was awful and quite literally drove me crazy.

Rebellious Eagle
07-29-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm going into junior year, which doesn't start for another month and a half. :P I'm taking it easy, though, and saving all my AP classes for senior year as junior year is an absolute nightmare in my school, what with college visits and SATS and ACTS.
American Studies II Honors, Human Behavior, Gym/Health, Pre-calculus, Genetics (semester), Astronomy (semester), Shakespeare Honors (semester), Art of the Essay Honors (semester), and Latin III (sadly our school has no Latin honors until IV). Overall it'll be an easy year, I think.

Laddy
07-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Dude, my school blows.

This is the FIRST year we've had a Theater course. :/

TrollHunter
07-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Taking these, basing on memory here.

Algebra 3 (pre-cal foe others) / British Literature
Psychology / Theater arts
Psychology of relationships
Chemistry
Rock Climbing 1

Those are the ones I remember anyway. Too lazy to go and grab my schedule.
Junior Year (Year 11/12)

Rye
07-30-2011, 03:50 PM
You are under my wing if you go to NY for college! <3

My school list is long; first year at University of Rhode Island. Second year in Reading University in England as study abroad, third year at Stony Brook University and that's where I currently stay or else I'll never graduate.

Pike
07-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Rock Climbing 1

The more the thread goes on the more convinced I am that I must have had the lamest high school in existence.

Rock Climbing? RE gets Genetics and Astronomy?

All the classes I took had names like "World History", "US History", "Algebra 2", "English 3" etc. Even the AP classes were just "AP English" and "AP Chemistry".

Or maybe I really am that old and these are the sorts of classes you whippersnappers take these days...

demondude
07-30-2011, 04:06 PM
We jumped on trampolines in pe. /smug

Pike
07-30-2011, 04:08 PM
We went skiing in PE I guess. That's about the most interesting thing my school ever did.

Rye
07-30-2011, 04:15 PM
I'll add that right now, I'm taking a course on old British literature (Think Chaucer, Thomas More, Miller, etc)

In the fall, I am taking...

EGL 207 - History of the English Language
EGL 322 - Modern and Contemporary Lit: 9/11 Literature
EGL 394 - Topics in Lit/Cultr of Science (Sci-Fi Lit)
HUM 121 - Death & Afterlife in Lit (Still need to get another one of these credits out of the way!)
JPN 112 - Elementary Japanese II

This semester is actually very interesting. I just have the worst schedule ever which prevents me from any kind of internship. .__.

Rebellious Eagle
07-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Rock Climbing classes? Now that's something I've never heard of before. :o

AngelWings8
07-30-2011, 05:10 PM
All the classes I took had names like "World History", "US History", "Algebra 2", "English 3" etc. Even the AP classes were just "AP English" and "AP Chemistry".

Or maybe I really am that old and these are the sorts of classes you whippersnappers take these days...

I'm with you on that one. Or maybe we are just old :O_O:

Madame Adequate
07-30-2011, 05:19 PM

British schools have pretty much none of that stuff in my experience. I've always been jelly of Americans for having a much wider range of options xD Our foreign language options were French, German, and Spanish, and they didn't tell you about German or Spanish so nobody took them. All my classes were maths, English, science (All compounded into one generic 'science' class), French, that sort of thing. I would have killed people for classes like astronomy or what have you ;_;

Pike
07-30-2011, 05:30 PM

British schools have pretty much none of that stuff in my experience. I've always been jelly of Americans for having a much wider range of options xD Our foreign language options were French, German, and Spanish, and they didn't tell you about German or Spanish so nobody took them. All my classes were maths, English, science (All compounded into one generic 'science' class), French, that sort of thing. I would have killed people for classes like astronomy or what have you ;_;

Yeah, those were the only languages we had, too! D:

Our science classes were actually broken up into things like "Earth and Space Science" (it was mostly geology), "Biology", "Chemistry", and "Physics", but I think that's pretty standard and we had nothing beyond that. History was broken into US, World, and Government (all we did in that last class was watch Law and Order reruns while my teacher messed around on the computer... no, seriously). English was all just sort of one big mashup of literature and writing. The only electives were generic music and art classes, and a keyboarding class. We really had nothing special. xD

TrollHunter
07-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Rock Climbing classes? Now that's something I've never heard of before. :o

Yeah most Colorado high schools have rock climbing courses. Hell if you're willing to pay you can take scuba diving. I don't know why it's not like there's anywhere to scuba dive up here, but we have a class for it. I took astronomy sophomore year along with ceramics and wood-shop.
My old high school only had the old generic classes so when I moved here, sophomore year I was dumbfounded.

Hot Shot
07-30-2011, 11:35 PM
British Literature
We just call that Literature in England :P

But yeah, I'm starting my Degree (Creative Advertising Stratergy) this September so I'm really stoked. I'm a couple years behind on my friends so I just need to keep my head down and do well.

fire_of_avalon
07-31-2011, 12:56 AM
I'll add that right now, I'm taking a course on old British literature (Think Chaucer, Thomas More, Miller, etc)

In the fall, I am taking...

EGL 207 - History of the English Language
EGL 322 - Modern and Contemporary Lit: 9/11 Literature
EGL 394 - Topics in Lit/Cultr of Science (Sci-Fi Lit)
HUM 121 - Death & Afterlife in Lit (Still need to get another one of these credits out of the way!)
JPN 112 - Elementary Japanese II

This semester is actually very interesting. I just have the worst schedule ever which prevents me from any kind of internship. .__.
?!

A few years ago I took a Horror Lit course (with a dreaaaaaaamboat Ph.D candidate) and it was easily one of my favorite college courses. I hope your Sci Fi course ends up being fun.

NorthernChaosGod
08-01-2011, 09:07 AM
You're taking 7 classes? I finished most of my classes by senior year and got to have a free period to leave school early, leaving me with only 5.

Laddy
08-01-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm a dork, though.

Pike
08-01-2011, 04:18 PM
I feel you Laddy. I filled up all my Senior year free slots with AP classes.

AngelWings8
08-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Damn, people could have free periods in school? I feel like we weren't allowed to do that...

NorthernChaosGod
08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
I took 4 AP classes my senior year, but I still took my free period. Leaving early was awesome.

Shlup
08-01-2011, 09:58 PM
They tried to put me in AP Bio II my senior year. I had signed up for Anatomy & Physiology because I wanted to dissect a cat, but the gave me AP Bio II, which has no dissections. So I said "fuck you guys, I'm going home!" And I did. Or, rather, I signed up for Oceanography and then told my teacher I had no intention of attending class. Give me the wrong class and then refuse to give me early dismissal because "u signed up 4 a science so u have to take a science lol." Fuck you guys.

Oh, wait, that was ten years ago--I don't care anymore. I also finished college four years ago.

Way to remind me that I'm old, Laddy. You little shit.

rubah
08-02-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm done with that stuff 8D Maybe I'll study troll science with prof. peegies

DMKA
08-02-2011, 01:02 AM
My senior year was full of boring classes.

Thank god High School ended for me eight years ago. I hated it.

Wow, I graduated High School eight years ago? That's scary. ;____;

NorthernChaosGod
08-02-2011, 01:13 AM
You people are old.