PDA

View Full Version : ACTs!

Brennan
08-01-2011, 05:17 AM
Boredom ensues during my summer! D:
Anywho, with the coming of school (damn you, August 17th!), I'm curious.
What was your ACT scores? Any experience/nervousness with taking the ACTs?
I took the ACT last year (Sophomore), made a 26! WOOO!:D
Discuss, dear EoFFers!

Shiny
08-01-2011, 06:28 AM
My ACT was 0 because I didn't take it. I took the SAT instead which is four hours of my life I want back.

Pike
08-01-2011, 06:41 AM
It's been a long time since I took mine D: /old

I got a 29, which I promptly decided was too low. So I retook it the next year and got a 31, which I was happier with.

leader of mortals
08-01-2011, 07:09 AM
I got a 33, which happened to be the top of my school that year. The guy who got a 32, a sorta-friend of mine, was pissed XD.

Pike
08-01-2011, 07:24 AM
One of the years I took it there was a guy at my school who got a... 35, I think? Yeah, I have no idea what gods he was praying to that gave him that.

leader of mortals
08-01-2011, 07:43 AM
I heard that if you get a 35 or 36 composite score, you had to take it all over because they assume you cheated.

My best subject, btw, was Science. I got a 35 in it. My worst was reading, I think, where I got a 30. Also, I got a 7 on my essay XD

AngelWings8
08-01-2011, 04:35 PM
I took both the SAT and the ACT, but I don't remember my SAT score. I think the ACT I got a 31 total...and somehow I scored really low on the math portion (which I always did great on during practice tests), but got a 35 on the english portion (which I always did worst on the practice tests) *shrug* No idea how that happened...

My younger brother has always done better than me on exams though...I think he scored perfect or almost perfect on his SAT a few years ago.

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2011, 04:54 PM
I got a...24 I think? I did good to okay in everything but Writing. In Writing I got a 2, the lowest possible score. Because by the time I got to the writing portion I'd been in there for like three and a half hours or something and I was like, "what do I think of extra-curriculars?...uhh...okay here goes. 'We should have school clubs and sports because they're beneficial to the educational experience. It would be kind of dumb to cancel them. I mean, football pays for itself.' Okay can I go home now?"

Good thing most colleges ignore your writing score (but still require you to take that portion for some reason).

Raistlin
08-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I scored a 1460 on the SAT, and then, at my college counselor's insistence, I also took the ACT. I scored a 32, which, when roughly equated to SAT scores, was right around... a 1460.

I was not particularly pleased.

rubah
08-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I got a 32, but that was a million years ago.

The Man
08-01-2011, 06:12 PM
I heard that if you get a 35 or 36 composite score, you had to take it all over because they assume you cheated.I have never heard of this happening. I got a 35 and no one ever made me retake it. I can't remember which section dragged down my score, though, because it was over ten years ago.

Shlup
08-01-2011, 10:02 PM
I didn't take the ACTs or the SATs. I scored well on the NCLB, RICA, CBEST, and CSET though. Those are the exams you have to take to teach elementary level.

Brennan
08-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Eeeeh, I was proud of my 26 til I saw all of the higher scores...
Ah well! Good for my location!

Laddy
08-04-2011, 04:15 AM
I got a 27 on my first try. I'm retaking, hoping for the 30's range.

cloud_doll
08-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Wtf way to be stereo-types guys!
They always say gamers/nerds are very smart...

Why doesn't this apply to me???

I was embarrassed to say my scores but what the hell I'm pretty so it's ok to be dumb.
I got a 20 on my ACT. That's right, the lowest score that will get you into college. But hey, I got accepted to both The University of Florida and Florida State University (but only because I'm getting my A.A. Degree with a 4.0).
Community College is the best way to get into University.

But yeah. I'm so horrible with test-taking. With every test I take I finish before everyone else which is NOT a good thing at all. I speed through tests and then do horrible on them.

AngelWings8
08-05-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm actually not a good test taker either. My brother has always been the one who excels in school and exams. My mom likes to tells everyone how both her kids are smart, but her daughter just likes to have fun and didn't focus on school :roll2

Rebellious Eagle
08-05-2011, 06:26 PM
I took the ACT at 12 years old and got a 24. Is that bad?

Raistlin
08-05-2011, 06:42 PM

The score is not so much bad as the fact that you took the ACT at 12. Wtf, girl.

cloud_doll
08-06-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm actually not a good test taker either. My brother has always been the one who excels in school and exams. My mom likes to tells everyone how both her kids are smart, but her daughter just likes to have fun and didn't focus on school :roll2

My mom does the same thing. My brothers got high SAT scores and me and my sister both got 20's on our ACTs. My mom says "All my children are so smart but one daughter smokes too much pot and the other is mentally ill."
I'm the mentally ill one.

Die in a fire.

TheGlassesGirl
08-09-2011, 02:49 AM
I got a 23, and was quite disappointed. I couldn't afford the make-up test. :|

DMKA
08-09-2011, 04:22 PM
I took it twice. First time took it on no sleep because my parents decided to have people over and yell and scream into the night, and I just ended up guessing the whole thing, got a 17. I felt terrible. Second time around, guessed a lot of them again, but answered what I knew, got a 23, which is what I needed to get into college and all I cared about.

I am awful at taking tests like that where there's really nothing specific to study for. I could take it twenty times and probably not get a much better score.