PDA

View Full Version : Main Character in Seiken Densetsu 3

KentaRawr!
08-01-2011, 05:50 PM
For those of you who have played Seiken Densetsu 3, who do you most often choose as the main character? For me, I typically choose Duran, but I actually have never beaten the game! So I'm about to try and beat it. The team I'm choosing is Duran, Angela, and I don't know who else to put. Carlie, maybe? Or Hawk? I always feel bad when I go to the inn and Lise asks me if I've seen her brother, though. Maybe Duran, Angela, Lise... But then I'd feel bad for Carlie. I wish I could pretend these characters didn't exist if I don't choose them! But now I've gone off-track.

Who do you typically choose as your party leader in SD3?

Bastian
08-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Duran, because he reminds me of Randi from Secret of Mana... in that he's male? I'm not sure, because now that I think about it there aren't THAT many similarities.

KentaRawr!
08-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Kevin reminds me more of Randi. :p

blackmage_nuke
08-02-2011, 01:09 AM
My first time I chose Angela, Duran and Kevin in that order. Angela was full dark, Duran was full light and Kevin was one of each.

APolaris
10-06-2011, 06:11 PM
The point of SD3's six character setup is that you choose who the main character is. The story (well, the dungeons and villains) are then patterned around the character. For instance, if you choose Kevin, the final third of the game is dedicated to Deathjester, Heath, and the Masked Mage, who goes on to threaten the Goddess. In this timeline, the other villains are already dead, and therefore it would make no sense to say that, for instance, Duran was the plot's main character, whether he's in the party or not.

Del Murder
10-07-2011, 12:38 AM
I've never beat this game, but I've started it twice, and both times I chose Duran as my main character.

APolaris
10-07-2011, 01:10 AM
As for who I usually choose, I find Lise/Hawk's quest the most variable (elemental skills are most viable on it, and Hawk & Lise are themselves the two characters that are often best to add to any given party), and the one with the toughest final boss, so it's my favorite of the 3. But I mix them up. Playing the Masked Mage quest with Kevin as main, Carlie (Bishop) and Hawk (Nightblade) is one of the ultimate murderous parties of any party + quest. And if I REALLY want a challenge, I'll make a terrible party like Duran, Angela and Carlie and have them fight the Black Rabite on Duran's quest.

Christmas
05-20-2022, 02:47 AM
Usually Duran. I like BIG SWORD character. :bigsmile:

The other one is that spear lady. I like stabbing things vigorously. It is my passion. :bigsmile:

Dr. Acula
05-20-2022, 07:25 AM
Lise/Riesz is my fave! I also like Hawk and Angela.