PDA

View Full Version : Backfire

champagne supernova
08-01-2011, 07:29 PM
So someone spread a false story about me. The story went that person X told someone that I was obsessed about person Y. This story reached person Y. The story is kinda true, because I am obsessed with her. Her and I are together and have been together, on/off, for the past 5 months, and will hopefully end up in an official relationship.

It gets better though. Person X in this story also happens to be my mother.

So, what has happened is that someone looked through my Facebook friend list and chose person X randomly, not knowing that she is my mother (my mom's remarried).

This person is a potato.

Have any of you been on the end of schemes that are so spectacularly stupid?

Shlup
08-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Someone tried to spread a rumor about you through your mother... That is brilliant.

However, you didn't mention what part of the story was false. Tell!

I don't think I've ever been on the end of a scheme, other than EoFF pranks, which I don't really count.

I Took the Red Pill
08-01-2011, 10:03 PM
So someone spread a false story about me [. . .] The story is kinda true, because I am obsessed with her.wat

champagne supernova
08-01-2011, 10:12 PM
So someone spread a false story about me [. . .] The story is kinda true, because I am obsessed with her.wat

I meant that she is the girl I am currently with, so clearly I am smitten. Talk about taking something out of context :p

Nah, the idiots didn't realise that their "source" was actually my mother. They just randomly chose a name out of my Facebook friends and, in what must be called bad luck on their part, that name happened to be my mom's.

AngelWings8
08-01-2011, 10:15 PM
So someone spread a false story about me. The story went that person X told someone that I was obsessed about person Y. This story reached person Y.
[...]

I'm confused...you said that person X told someone else the story, which means person X started the rumor? But person X is also your mother...so your mother told someone who told person Y? :confused:

demondude
08-01-2011, 10:18 PM
And somebody was a potato?

Call Columbo, this story doesn't add up.

champagne supernova
08-01-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm confused...you said that person X told someone else the story, which means person X started the rumor? But person X is also your mother...so your mother told someone who told person Y? :confused:

Will rephrase.

So Person Z spread a false story about me. The story went that person X told someone that I was obsessed about person Y. This story reached person Y.
[...]

Person Z is a potato for saying that my mother told them something about person Y.

Columbo isn't required.

AngelWings8
08-01-2011, 10:21 PM
AHHHH that makes sense now. What a potato!!!! :-)

Shiny
08-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Well stop affiliating yourself with potatoes then, geeze.

Rostum
08-02-2011, 12:11 AM
lol I'm going to start calling people potatoes to insult them now. :D

demondude
08-02-2011, 12:26 AM
The problem with potatoes is that they aren't great conversationalists.

AngelWings8
08-02-2011, 12:30 AM
His name is Potato:
34622 But then again...all he says is "Piko!"

fire_of_avalon
08-02-2011, 12:33 AM
And somebody was a potato?

Call Columbo, this story doesn't add up.

I almost puked up my dinner.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-02-2011, 12:39 AM
I prefer good old fashioned insults like assbadger, or weredouche.

I guess if I were going to call someone a vegetable I'd have to go with parsnip.

fire_of_avalon
08-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Because it was funny. Should've added that.

Parsnips are terrible.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Exactly. Good insult, right?

I suppose you'd call them an onion. :D

fire_of_avalon
08-02-2011, 01:03 AM
Damn straight I would.

I actually don't know if I dislike parsnips.

NorthernChaosGod
08-02-2011, 01:11 AM
I wouldn't mind being called an onion. They're delicious and deep.

fire_of_avalon
08-02-2011, 02:12 AM
Onions are devil poops.

NorthernChaosGod
08-02-2011, 02:22 AM
And devil poops are yummy.

demondude
08-02-2011, 09:59 PM
I can read between the lines and you're heading to a dark place, man. I'm worried that I'll log on tomorrow and you'll be asking RE for scatological intercourse, and I don't want to see you in any kind of asylum. Not until I've verbally abused you enough, anyway. Take a pottery class or something.

NorthernChaosGod
08-03-2011, 11:16 AM
A dark place like your anus.

demondude
08-03-2011, 12:46 PM
And I know that that was the first thing you thought of.

champagne supernova
08-03-2011, 01:48 PM
I can read between the lines and you're heading to a dark place, man. I'm worried that I'll log on tomorrow and you'll be asking RE for scatological intercourse, and I don't want to see you in any kind of asylum. Not until I've verbally abused you enough, anyway. Take a pottery class or something.

The fact that you know of a word such as scatological is mightily disturbing. I'm going to put more locks on my door.

demondude
08-03-2011, 02:05 PM
I have a long and sordid past. I know things, man.

Jessweeee♪
08-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Once in middle school these three kids that would pick on me and my friends occasionally did that thing where someone is secretly behind you on all fours and someone else is in front of you talking to you casually before eventually pushing you over the other person. I saw them setting up my friend, and it was too late to warn him. Then two more of my friends fell for it. Then they started to walk towards me, and I just kind of walked in a different direction, and they kept following me, and we were walking around in circles, and eventually I just stopped because it was just too ridiculous. That is not casual and discreet! You are doing it wrong! And of course because I had finally stopped moving, they did the set-up, and the chick in front of me was like "hey I'm super sorry I pushed your friends, truce?" and I said "seriously? Just do it already."

And then one of my friends had this silly revenge scheme where he fills a bunch of those tiny joke condoms with glue and sticks them to their locker, and the rest of us were like "lol" but never had any intention of actually doing it. But they overheard us and got one of my friends with it :<

sharkythesharkdogg
08-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Well they all sound like doucherockets. Good ol' school memories.