08-02-2011, 04:55 PM
NOPE tier:
Spiders
Moths
Daddy Long Legs
Mosquito Hawks

I can tolerate if they're far away tier:
Almost everything else

I'll scoop up them up with my bare hands and they can crawl all over my arms and I don't give a crap because this is what happened anyway when I worked at a pet store tier:
Crickets

In this thread we discuss insects, arachnids, and other assorted creepy-crawlies and your thoughts and experiences with them. P.S. I told you not to play with spiders! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU)

Peegee
08-02-2011, 04:55 PM
CENTIPEDES

Pike
08-02-2011, 04:56 PM
CENTIPEDES

At least we got a good arcade game out of those.

Psychotic
08-02-2011, 05:19 PM
MOTHS. MOTHS EVERYWHERE. Is this moth week and I was not told? What is going on? Moths. Moths.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-02-2011, 05:34 PM
I like insects and arachnids. They're cool with me. I have these tiny brown scorpions that live around the woulds where I stay. They're good people.

Pike
08-02-2011, 05:38 PM
MOTHS. MOTHS EVERYWHERE. Is this moth week and I was not told? What is going on? Moths. Moths.

You have no idea how relieved I am that I am not where you are.

Araciel
08-02-2011, 06:22 PM
I will eat them all, especially if covered with chocolate.

AngelWings8
08-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I cannot stand any arachnids or insects. None whatsoever. In our last apartment we had tons of spiders and centipedes. One was HUGE and was in our bathtub when I was about to shower. I screamed my head off and took a picture to send to our landlord so that they would spray for bugs. :eek: (fine, it may not look huge in the picture, but it was big in person to me!)

http://forums.eyesonff.attachments/general-chat/34634d1312305674t-bugs-dsc03498.jpg (http://forums.eyesonff.attachments/general-chat/34634d1312305674-bugs-dsc03498.jpg)

demondude
08-02-2011, 09:53 PM
There are too many bugs around and it's pissing me off. Pay fucking rent at least.

Mirage
08-03-2011, 07:14 AM
Spiders aren't insects!

And almost no insects freak me out. In fact, I love spiders because they eat flies, and flies are ten thousand times more annoying than spiders are.

Pheesh
08-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Pfft, other countries. Just be glad the majority of your insects aren't trying to kill you.

As long as they don't land on me unannounced then I don't really mind most insects.

Pike
08-03-2011, 04:41 PM
There was a spider dangling from the fridge today when I got milk for my cereal.

NOPE.

AngelWings8
08-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Pfft, other countries. Just be glad the majority of your insects aren't trying to kill you.

I don't care what you say...they're all trying to kill me. I know it. They're waiting for me to fall asleep or catch me off guard and touch me with their nasty feet and crawl in my ears or up my nose or in my mouth while I'm sleeping. :eek: :eek:

sharkythesharkdogg
08-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Once they crawl in there they plan to lay eggs on your frontal lobe, so when the younglings hatch they can eat their way out through your eyes.

Sleep well. :love:

Slothy
08-03-2011, 05:45 PM
In this thread we discuss insects, arachnids, and other assorted creepy-crawlies and your thoughts and experiences with them. P.S. I told you not to play with spiders! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU)

Fuck you for posting that video because my curiosity demanded I look, despite knowing full well what I'd find. I didn't even finish it. I got about as far as seeing the spider on the ceiling (after slowly scrolling my screen to ease myself into seeing the spider in case the video were too traumatizing) and closed the tab. Now I'll be looking over my shoulder, watching the floor and checking ceilings when I enter rooms for the rest of the day.

Anything with fewer than 8 legs and I'm fine. I'm actually not even that afraid of scorpions, and centipedes and millipedes just weird me out a bit more than anything. The way they move is just so strange. Small spiders, say half the size of a dime or less don't really bug me too much. I'll gladly squish them with my bare hand if nothing else is around. But fuck spiders in general. I don't care if they do feed on other annoying insects, or if they're less dangerous then their scorpion brethren, they're generally big, ugly, and look pretty mean. And walking into a spiders web is a horrible feeling.

Madame Adequate
08-03-2011, 05:51 PM
There's a plume moth hanging around in my room the last couple of days, he's pretty cool with his awesome T-shape and stuff.

I'm no fan of spiders but centipedes are literally the worst creature possible. I never thought I had an issue with them, then one crawled across my desk and it freaked me right the fuck out SO HARD, I spent the next 45 minutes suited up (As in I had NO exposed skin below my chin) looking for the fucker until Murphy, hero that he is, hunted it down.

Pike
08-03-2011, 06:00 PM
The other day there was a mosquito in my car on the drive home from work and it kept zipping around my head and in general being annoying so finally I smacked it against the window with the back of my hand.

Then I spent the rest of the drive home being utterly disgusted by the mosquito guts smeared all over my hand (and the window).

AngelWings8
08-03-2011, 06:07 PM
The other day there was a mosquito in my car on the drive home from work and it kept zipping around my head and in general being annoying so finally I smacked it against the window with the back of my hand.

Then I spent the rest of the drive home being utterly disgusted by the mosquito guts smeared all over my hand (and the window).

Oh god...I can't even smack bugs until I've got a tool or tons of paper towels to shield me from their grossness. If there's a bug in my room between me and the doorway...I will seriously wait until it moves so I can walk past it. I have issues.

And sharky...I curse you to hell good sir. Let's hope I don't remember my dreams :p

Pike
08-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Oh god...I can't even smack bugs until I've got a tool or tons of paper towels to shield me from their grossness.

That's usually how I am too. Actually, I usually won't even do it with a tissue or paper towel. xD

AngelWings8
08-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Yeah...I need like several layers of protection...possibly even put on socks/gloves to make sure none of my skin is exposed :O_O:

In the past...I'd usually find a cup and put it over the bug if I can bring myself to get close enough. Then leave it for either my dad or my boyfriend (depending on what point of my life this was) to come home and kill it.

Raistlin
08-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I hate bugs in general, but most common ones don't bother me too much. Spiders are a notable exception, though I've managed to get over my phobia of smaller ones to be able to kill them without pause. I am still irrationally terrified of big spiders, especially hairy ones.

Wasps also freak me out a bit. I'll also kill all bigger bugs (centipedes, etc), but smaller ones (moths, flies, etc.) I just ignore unless they start bugging bothering me.

Slothy
08-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Wasps also freak me out a bit.

Stuff like wasps, bees, scorpions, etc. that can actually hurt you I generally have a healthy respect for, but I'm not really scared of. Try to keep a healthy distance, don't make any sudden movements if they land on you, that sort of thing, but if they're near me I'm not going to panic or anything. It's basically only Spiders I have an irrational fear of. Especially the big hairy ones as you mentioned. Thankfully we don't have any of those here, though we still have some pretty big, fast moving little bastards.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-03-2011, 08:18 PM
So have any of you ever let tarantula or rhinoceros beetle crawl on you? They're pretty awesome. Giant centipedes are also pretty cool. Those bastards are venomous though.

I'm buy everyone in this thread a Venus flytrap for Christmas.

Wings, my day isn't complete until someone threatens me with damnation. That's how I roll.

Peegee
08-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Interestingly (not) I was terrified of bees until I was stung. Not because the sting wasn't painful (it was so painful my neighbours heard my screaming), but because I finally got stung and the pain was felt, not imagined. Does that make sense to you? Also I stepped on said bee, and the odds of that happening are pretty low.

Rantz
08-03-2011, 11:00 PM
I think... I dunno. What freaks me out isn't so much certain species or anything, but too fast movement. Things that I can't keep up with make me panic. Slow bugs don't usually bother me. Exception: Fucking moths that come and buzz in my ear. That sound... it's just the worst.

Shlup
08-03-2011, 11:25 PM
DO NOT WANT:
spiders
ticks
whatever it was that flew in my ear and died last week

Yo stay in your space, I'll stay in mine:
cockroaches
centipedes
pincher bugs
mosquitoes
red ants

Meh, you cool:
black ants
moths
tarantulas

Let's be friends:
crickets
grasshoppers
ladybugs
pill bugs
butterflies

I will breed you on purpose:
Madagascan hissing cockroaches
African giant millipedes
Emerald pill bugs
bees

sharkythesharkdogg
08-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Interestingly (not) I was terrified of bees until I was stung. Not because the sting wasn't painful (it was so painful my neighbours heard my screaming), but because I finally got stung and the pain was felt, not imagined. Does that make sense to you? Also I stepped on said bee, and the odds of that happening are pretty low.

I woke up one morning, hopped out of bed, and stepped directly on a hornet. It was quite sad face.

Never happened before, probably won't happen again, but I still check all over the floor every morning.

Timekeeper
08-04-2011, 12:32 AM
The video made me cringe, it looks like he caught the poor spider's leg between the bowl and the ceiling. I hope it's ok :(

I don't really have a fear of any kind of bugs (arthropods in general), I just have an issue if they continue to annoy me, such as flies on my food, or mosquitoes (I am rather paranoid about mosquitoes biting me at the moment, as I've gotten used to the malaria carrying ones which you kinda need to avoid), but I wouldn't say that's a fear...

Everyone should watch this though
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnMW6ObEsuQ&feature=youtu.be)

Madame Adequate
08-04-2011, 12:55 AM
The video made me cringe, it looks like he caught the poor spider's leg between the bowl and the ceiling. I hope it's ok :( [/URL]

Cringing becausze the SPIDER might be hurt/