PDA

View Full Version : Watch Me DoReMi

Mercen-X
08-03-2011, 01:48 AM
I look like a fool, it's true. :eep: But I invite you to watch anyway. :|

Kiss From A Rose by Seal
‪I sing Kiss From A Rose by Seal‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/Sjaxem#p/a/u/1/gSr6lnlM1_c)

Sweet Child by Guns 'n' Roses
‪I sing Sweet Child by Axl Rose‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skvD2xur9uY)

There you go. Laugh or cry...

Mercen-X
08-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Funny... I thought I knew of at least a few people who would have wanted to (ahem)*snark* on this.

Do people just not frequent GC as much as they used to?
*weep*weep*weep* I fail so lonely *aha*. Don't be shy now. I'm the one making an ass of myself on camera, what have you got to lose?

Psychotic
08-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Alright, I'll bite.

Your singing is fairly decent and I imagine the camera's sound quality doesn't fully capture the true sound of it. But in that first video you're sitting on a sofa clasping your hands together, staring into my soul with your socks pulled up. That is slightly disturbing and I can't quite put my finger on why. It just unsettles me. The second one was better.

Mercen-X
08-07-2011, 10:24 PM
You know what? I kind of figured you'd be the one to show up. We can all rely on Psy.

Yeah, about those socks... I don't know, I just have some geeky quirk: I don't like short socks for some reason and I don't like to wear my longer socks low. I'm annoyed by both.
Thanks for the roundabout compliment though.

Eventually, I want to post videos where I sing original lyrics that I've been writing for the past 15 years. They're all in different genre as far as I know. No two are inherently alike.

Shlup
08-08-2011, 03:19 AM
Sitting on the couch, in that room, in those socks, with no audio and crappy audio/video quality... you have got to be troll baiting. Buhjesus, Mercen. If you're going to show off your voice, do yourself some justice and do it right!

That was supposed to be encouraging, not insulting, btw. So take it that way 'cause I do mean to be encouraging. I don't hate your singing, I just can't tell if you're actually good because of the aforementioned problems.

Regardless, though, your singing is far superior to mine.

Araciel
08-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Kiss by a Rose is way too difficult to sing if y'ask me - same gripes as the others it's hard to get a feel for your actual sound with the aforementioned issues, but interested to see more/more polished (tech wise).

NorthernChaosGod
08-09-2011, 12:16 AM
DO BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY.

Mercen-X
08-10-2011, 09:16 PM
I was actually thinking of doing that one. But I know I'd just be putting my audience through hell, I can't sing every part of that song, much less sing it right, but I'm not saying I'm not willing to try.

SchlupQuack: Yeah, I've got an outdated Concord whose priority is snapping pictures, I've got an actual video camera, but it won't let me upload to the computer without me buying extra cords, attachments, and a downloadable computer program. It's a piece of ...
Well, I prefer my Concord for now. Maybe someday...

Araciel: Actually, I can usually sing KBAR better when I'm moving around. Like I said, this was my first time alone on camera and didn't now how to present... or represent. lol.

I've been singing since I fell in love with "Greatest Fan" by Edwin McCain... after two years singing it, my mom finally told me that I was off-key, so I had to really work at it. I sang at my uncle's memorial service when I was about 19. I sang with my cousins and then gave a faux-eulogy the organizers called "recollections" in which I talked about my uncle and then sang pieces from songs that reminded me of him. I took a choir class in college which really helped me to come out of my shell, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that it improved my singing.
I've harbored the delusion of trying out for American Idol since I was a teenager, but I've had a number of excuses not to go. This year, I had no excuse and was rarin' to go but then learned the process is more complicated than I had come to believe, apparently, I had missed some kind of preaudition over in San Diego (way in the hell too far for me to travel to just for the "if" of it). My friends have reassured me that AI is overrated anyway, but I'm just trying to escape from the closeted life I used to lead...

I'll try to upload a new song soon.

Mercen-X
09-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Animal by Neon Trees (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iEga75GGBE)

Yeah, I know. It's not soon. It's not Bohemian Rhapsody.

The quality of the video is far worse than the last two and I'm singing in a lower key like a coward so that my voice won't break. Anyway...