PDA

View Full Version : Foods You Like That Nobody Else Does

Pike
08-03-2011, 05:01 AM
Because we have to maintain the unwritten rule that at least 50% of topics in General Chat are about food/beverage!

Foods you like that nobody else seems to!

I'll start:

Brussels Sprouts
Spinach

Pheesh
08-03-2011, 05:08 AM
I can eat lemon raw, with salt sprinkled on them is god tier, but it wreaks havoc on my teeth, so I don't do it often.

Also, it depends who you ask but I looove artichokes and lots of people seem to think they taste like grass :(

AngelWings8
08-03-2011, 05:08 AM
These are what I love that some people absolutely HATE (but of course, there are probably some who like them too):

Spinach
Eggplant
Artichoke hearts
Onion/garlic
Lotus root
Daikon
ALL kinds of mushrooms
Seaweed
Pig's blood
Pig's ears
Tripe
Preserved eggs
Any and all kinds of cheese
Raw fish
Anchovies
Sea urchin
Squid/octopus/CUTTLEFISH!!! :p

Araciel
08-03-2011, 07:10 AM
Errr...Frog legs? I can't think of anything I make a habit of eating that most people avoid, I'll just usually eat anything - Behemoths can't be chooers!

Rantz
08-03-2011, 09:12 AM
I like or love everything that has been mentioned thus far, insofar as I have tasted them (ie. I wouldn't know if I like pig's blood/ears, tripe, sea urchin, etc.).

cloud_doll
08-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Raw Ginger, sprouts, kale, broccoli, cauliflower

You see how most people mention vegetables? What are we children??

I remember in high school we had the BEST chocolate chip cookies ever. I would get a cookie and a slice of pizza once a week when I had the cash. One day, I could afford two cookies and a slice of pizza! I broke up one of the cookies into tiny pieces and stuck it on my pizza like a topping. BEST THING EVER. Everyone else thought I was disgusting.

Mirage
08-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Bluecheese

I mean I know a few that like it, but most don't.

I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't like it, so that means I must have liked it since I was like idk 6 years old?

demondude
08-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Cream Soda apparently.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Beets
Radishes
Cream Soda (sorry DD, we have to share)
Real Ginger Ale (it's like a carbonated ginger root. everyone else I know hates it.)
Polk Salad
Licorice
Red Licorice
Jicama
Duck
Rabbit
Turtle

What about weird food combinations? I brought this up in #tot a few days ago. My favorite that no one likes is dill pickles and peanut butter. I know, I'm fucking weird.

Rye
08-03-2011, 02:02 PM
BRUSSELSPROUTS AND MALT VINEGAR SOAKED EVERYTHING.

Peegee
08-03-2011, 02:20 PM
lol china

i eat fish eyes, brains, cheeks(betcha didn't know they have cheeks), and almost everything edible in shellfish except the digestive tract

Pheesh
08-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Fish cheeks are where the most tender part of the fish is, everybody who's anybody makes sure they take the meat from the cheeks.

Rantz
08-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Licorice
Who doesn't like that? Aside from weird mormons, I mean.

Judging by this thread I like all food because nothing that has been mentioned gets a "dislike" from me. I don't know what I can add. Haggis?

Pheesh
08-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I hate licorice. However red licorice (assuming we're talking about the same thing) is absolutely amazing.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Licorice
Who doesn't like that? Aside from weird mormons, I mean.

Judging by this thread I like all food because nothing that has been mentioned gets a "dislike" from me. I don't know what I can add. Haggis?

I hate licorice. However red licorice (assuming we're talking about the same thing) is absolutely amazing.

There you have it, Rantz. Most people I know hate licorice. Nothing mentioned here is something I don't like. Face it, we're odd birds.

AngelWings8
08-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Ehhhhh I've never liked licorice and I don't know why. I tried and I just don't like the taste...don't like jager either :O_O:

I want to add beets and cauliflower and blue cheese to my list as well http://forums.eyesonff.images/eoff_smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.images/eoff_smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.images/eoff_smilies/lovesmile.gif

Pike
08-03-2011, 04:38 PM
You guys can add me to the Cream Soda list, I love it <3

Also, in regard to the peanut butter and pickles thing: That's a pretty common combination over here in the PacNW, so you're not entirely alone there!

As for licorice... I don't like black, but red is okay.

NorthernChaosGod
08-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Cream Soda is delicious.

Also I can eat pretty much anything you guys have listed here. I'm not a picky eater.
Although a lot of people don't really like hearing about tripas or lengua once they found out what it is.

CimminyCricket
08-04-2011, 02:37 AM
I like fresh spinach, asparagus, mushrooms and jalapenos!

Shlup
08-04-2011, 02:48 AM
I think most of the things in this thread are things that most people like. Brussel sprouts and spinach are stereotyplically "icky," but I know very few people who actually dislike them. Same for a lot of foods in this thread.

tl;dr You all fail. Except for AngelWings for pig's blood, preserved eggs, and sea urchin.

Madame Adequate
08-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Brussel Sprouts are quite possibly the single worst 'foodstuff' ever created. Fuck God and the horse he wrode in on.

Slothy
08-04-2011, 03:15 AM
Pig's blood

You are officially my hero (and not just because you're the only one to respond to the census in the last seven hours), if only because I would like to try the blood of various animals. Not sure I'd try pig's blood since I don't like every other part of a pig I've ever tried, but if it tastes anything like the stuff I bleed out on occasion it may not be too bad.

I've eaten marshmallows on a Caesar salad. I've yet to meet anyone else who has done this, or who doesn't look at me like I'm crazy when I say it, but it was delicious.

Martyr
08-04-2011, 03:33 AM
Pickled Herring

Yar
08-04-2011, 04:08 AM
babies

Laddy
08-04-2011, 04:12 AM
Raspberry Soda~

AngelWings8
08-04-2011, 05:19 AM
tl;dr You all fail. Except for AngelWings for pig's blood, preserved eggs, and sea urchin.

Pig's Blood Soup (I believe it's mixed with gelatin so that you can cut it into cubes):
http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachments/general-chat/34693-foods-you-like-nobody-else-does-13749_550210112536_17500006_32275270_1726228_n.jpg

Preserved Eggs:
http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachments/general-chat/34694-foods-you-like-nobody-else-does-preserved-duck-egg.jpg

Sea Urchin (aka "Uni"):
http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachments/general-chat/34695-foods-you-like-nobody-else-does-uni-nigiri3.jpg

All sooooooooo gooooooooood! <drool></drool>:squee:

Shlup
08-04-2011, 05:30 AM
The only one of those I've tried is uni (twice), but I hate it. I like squid and small roe and the like though.

AngelWings8
08-04-2011, 05:33 AM
I think it is completely one's personal taste...my parents and brother HATE uni....so I usually get to eat all of it without feeling guilty :D

My boyfriend doesn't like squid or shellfish as much as I do...so I get to eat more of that too :D Life is good...

I actually love ikura too..I could eat it by itself...I love how it "pops" in your mouth:

fire_of_avalon
08-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Chicken livers?

Mirage
08-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Chicken livers can't be that much worse than stuff like cow's liver, can it? And that's not bad at all.

10-Breaker
08-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Raw ginger on bread
Eel
Olives (at least all my friends dislike olives...)
Shoots
Tree leaves (I find birch tree leaves tasty)

Pike
08-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Raw ginger on bread
Eel
Olives (at least all my friends dislike olives...)
Shoots
Tree leaves (I find birch tree leaves tasty)

You could say 10-Breaker eats shoots and leaves.

... ba dum psh!

Peegee
08-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Actual leaves can be eaten?

I love eel.

Rantz
08-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Maple leaves are nature's tortilla.

AngelWings8
08-04-2011, 06:20 PM
I love eel and bamboo shoots too :love:

Rebellious Eagle
08-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Wait...since when do people hate Cream Soda? I love it! :o And I love broccoli, which for some reason a lot of people I know seem to hate. Poor broccoli. It tastes so good but is so misunderstood.

AngelWings8
08-05-2011, 08:15 AM
You know, I've never had a problem with cream soda either (and I actually don't like carbonated beverages with the exception of beer).

Next time I go back to Japan, I am determined to try a dancing squid: &#x202a;Would You Eat A Dancing Squid?&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzdaSPk0OiQ)
And live lobster sashimi: &#x202a;Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern - Live Lobster Sashimi&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ZQal4xFkU)

BUT...I don't think I could bring myself to try live octopus in Korea: &#x202a;Eating Live Octopus&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fAs_DJCjG4&list=FLGX01yZLpb4M)

Heath
08-05-2011, 10:26 AM
I don't understand the cream soda related hatred!

Southerners at university never understood the delights of chips & gravy or chips & curry. I feel they were spiritually poorer because of this.

Breine
08-07-2011, 01:32 PM
I have to agree with Rantzien and Shlup - 99% of the stuff mentioned in this thread are not gross or bad tasting things. I think I like everything that's been mentioned so far, actually - if I have tasted it, that is.

Mo-Nercy
08-07-2011, 03:36 PM
I too love pig's blood. Also, pig's ears make for a great snack. I really am one of those asians that happily eats any part of certain animals (stuff like dogs and cats aren't cool by me, not that I'd even know where to get 'em).

My favourite drink at the moment is Rock Salt and Cheese Ice Green Tea. Awesome.

TheGlassesGirl
08-09-2011, 03:01 AM
Fried cabbage. That's all I can think of right now.

magewarrior
08-11-2011, 12:33 PM
The only one that comes to mind is Brocoli. I love it, sometimes i'll even eat a whole tree (in lamen terms that just means one bunch) :p

sharkythesharkdogg
08-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Anyone else here drink buttermilk? I usually don't like it, but once in a great while I'll have some.

Mercen-X
08-26-2011, 09:20 PM
I'll eat any kind of food. People don't like spinach, I'll eat it. People don't like sardines or anchovies, I'll eat it.

My main concern is where the product is coming from. These foods don't taste the same universally. It could be that I've found a company that makes exceptional sardines, etc.

Or maybe my palette expands more as my stomach goes for days without food. I didn't like Skippy peanut butter when it was first introduced into our household, but now that I've ran out of JIF, it's suddenly awesome.

But I've pretty much always been one to try any food at least once. Unless it's something my mom is forcing on me. Then I automatically think that she thinks I'm gonna think it's gross and is just forcing it on me to spite me. I don't know why. I don't trust my mom. It's really sad.

Jiro
08-27-2011, 05:40 AM
I eat pretty much everything. I say pretty much because someone will invariably say something like "oh do you eat X" where X is something not normally considered food or is a delicacy in some other random ass country.

Laddy
08-27-2011, 06:59 AM
I will say that people who dislike Brussels Sprouts are tremendously ill people who deserve nothing short of death.

Rye
08-27-2011, 02:54 PM
This isn't a food, but the smell of any kind of vinegar, be it white, balsamic, apple, etc, makes me drool uncontrollably. I loooooove vinegar on every kind of savory food.

Mercen-X
08-28-2011, 10:53 PM
I eat pretty much everything. I say pretty much because someone will invariably say something like "oh do you eat X" where X is something not normally considered food or is a delicacy in some other random ass country.

Ozzy Osborne devoured the oily treasures that fell out of Alice Cooper's rear... rumor has it, he also bit the head off a bat. The first story is true. The second is a lie.

I would eat fried worms. I would eat candied spiders. I would a snake's genitals if they were properly prepared.

lol.