PDA

View Full Version : Idea Ive been wondering about for a while

Masamunemaster
08-04-2011, 01:32 AM
I have realized they are starting to run out of ideas for movies, so where will they go to more now? video games(even though they have started ruining them). I have been wanting to go back and play my Devil May Cry games again and wondered.....who would they cast as Dante, Vergil, and Nero?

Any ideas or opinions?

DMKA
08-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Justin Bieber as Dante, Justin Long as Vergil, and Justin Timberlake as Nero.

They've actually been making video game movies for a long time now, and there's already a Devil May Cry film in the works.

Sony Developing Devil May Cry Into Film Franchise - G4tv.com (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/710751/Sony-Developing-Devil-May-Cry-Into-Film-Franchise.html)

Video game movies have almost always been terrible, and all the ones I've seen certainly were, though I really liked the first couple Resident Evil films. I've heard Silent Hill was an exception to this rule.

Bolivar
08-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah Hollywood's definitely been latching onto games and with how much ridiculous money the industry has been making the last few years, it's only a matter of time before there's a Call of Duty movie, an Assassin's Creed film, and a Need for Speed feature. Now they're making the Run like a movie so it'll be even easier!

That dude who wants to do the new Mortal Kombat movie came up with some awesome stuff with those shorts WB let him do, hopefully he'll get his wish. The first film was a fantastic popcorn flick, although the action sequences don't hold up well today.

DMKA
08-05-2011, 02:32 AM
it's only a matter of time before there's a Call of Duty movie

No please don't...

I'm just glad the Halo movie got cancelled.

Loony BoB
08-05-2011, 04:07 PM
They already made a Call of Duty movie. Search for "World War II" or "Cold War" or even simply "War" on IMDb.

You know would sell really, really well and get awesome ratings? A Final Fantasy movie! It'd be epic. The spirits within a Final Fantasy storyline would surely make an excellent movie.

DMKA
08-06-2011, 02:40 AM
You know would sell really, really well and get awesome ratings? A Final Fantasy movie! It'd be epic. The spirits within a Final Fantasy storyline would surely make an excellent movie.

Heheheheheheh.

Heh.

Heath
08-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I'll be the first in line for the Tetris movie.

Spawn of Sephiroth
08-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I think Josh Hutcherson would make a decent dante. It would take some work visually but he has the face and strong jaw for it.

Pike
08-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Apparently someone is actually making a Space Invaders movie.

Araciel
08-12-2011, 06:19 PM
It's not that they've run out of ideas - they just use familiarity with other media to sell tickets - This has been done since the dawn of cinema when they would adapt books and old fables/stories into movies - the mediums they choose from have just modernized.

That being said I wanna see a good retelling of Dig Dug.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-12-2011, 09:26 PM
I want to see Lode Runner.

Maybe it could be a rebirth for Logan's Run?

What about Demon Stalkers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_Stalkers)? Am I showing my age? Cause that game was the tits. I'd always get my ass handed to me though. :(

FFIX Choco Boy
08-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Minesweeper - The Movie - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8NKj3RKs)

TrollHunter
08-13-2011, 06:33 AM
Apparently someone is actually making a Space Invaders movie.
That sounds amazing.
And I'm pretty sure there was already a need4speed movie.