PDA

View Full Version : New Job

Caboose
08-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Just a little post to say that after a terrible 10 months of unemployment, I have finally got a new job. I'll be working as a Drugs Analyst within a Forensic lab in England. Unfortunately that means I have to move from Ireland but I really don't care as I have finally gotten into a dream position.
I just wanna say a quick thank you to anyone on here who has given me advice in my past threads of desperation and any encouragement I got along the way. I won't be leaving here anyway (That would be madness).
I think a few celebratory drinks are in order. TO THE PUB!!!!!!

demondude
08-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Congrats man. Get hammered!

Peegee
08-04-2011, 05:27 PM
About 21 months ago I applied for my current job. I used to work from home so I visited my parents, logged in at work, did my work, left at noon, went downtown, did my interview, called my mom, drove to another town on my donut wheel and missed my appointment to have my wheel changed. I called the person and iirc he drove to see me the next day or later that evening to change the tire

if you noticed I ditched my job mid-day. I told my brother 'if I'm not back, log me out at 4pm' or whatever it was shift I did.

Pike
08-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Big congrats, and best of luck! :3

NorthernChaosGod
08-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Congrats, man! Go buy some girl a drink as you're drunk.

Shlup
08-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Not just a job, but a nice job. Congratulations!

Hot Shot
08-04-2011, 09:26 PM
That sounds like a fancy job. Congrats mate, and you'll like England. You'll like it even more if you'll be in the South.

cloud_doll
08-05-2011, 12:43 PM
If you don't mind, what kind of degree do you have? Did you go to college in Ireland?

Oh and once you start please banter on about how awesome it is!

Remon
08-05-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm really happy for you Caboose :D

Caboose
08-05-2011, 02:48 PM
If you don't mind, what kind of degree do you have? Did you go to college in Ireland?

Oh and once you start please banter on about how awesome it is!
I have a degree in Forensic Investigation and analysis and a Masters in Analytical Chemistry. I did go to college in Ireland for both. I was in IT Sligo for my Degree and in UCC for the Masters. And I will tell you lots about drugs and new stuff as soon as I start next month. I'm so excited.

Caboose
08-05-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm really happy for you Caboose :D
Thanks Remon and everyone. I will make sure and keep you guys updated and feel free to ask any drugs questions from now on. :p

Shattered Dreamer
08-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Celebratory drinks are going to be MESSY :lol: