PDA

View Full Version : They Want your Brains!

FFIX Choco Boy
08-04-2011, 08:34 PM
That's right, it's time for another of FFIX Choco Boy's completely inconsequential threads about some random anime/book series/movie/etc in The Lounge! This time, we will be discussing zombie movies. What are your favorites? Which do you dislike? What are your reasons? Whatever you want to say, put it here.

Well, I think that the first 2 Resident Evil movies were pretty good. I liked the story, the way the zombies acted, and the setting. However, I think that the third and fourth were rather lacking. Especially since they basically used the same zombie over and over in number 3, and they were nothing more than an inconvenience in number 4. I think they went too far out of their way to pit Wesker as the villain and ignored the good ole zombie shootout far too much. Also, they killed out my favorite characters in number 3, the black guy and Carlos.:mad2:

I also thought Zombieland was very well done. I would really like for them to make it into a series like they had planned, and we could learn all the rules and everything. Not to mention, Tallahassee is a really awesome dude.

Also, I must mention Shaun of the Dead. Because it's freakin' sweet.

Worst zombie movie I've ever seen, hands down, "Ahhh! Zombies!" I mean, it's not an entertaining idea in the first place to have the main characters be zombies who don't know they are zombies, but the way they did it made the whole idea even worse.

However, my absolute favorite is definitely 28 Days Later. As long as you can get past the thick English accents, then it's great. I mean, zombies that run like 12 miles an hour? THAT'S scary stuff. Especially how fast the virus works, and how outrageously volatile and contagious it is. I know they aren't really zombies because it's a virus that induces rage instead, but the likeness is close enough that I call them the same.

Rantz
08-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Dance of the Dead. Best ever. <3

Dreddz
08-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Sorry Choco Boy but I read your entire post with clenched fists. You bring up zombie films but only mention the ones post 28 Days Later? What about the original classics like Dawn of the Dead (1978), Day of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead and Zombi 2? Those are hands down the best selection of zombie movies I can think of. I do like Shaun of the Dead, although not necessarily because of the zombies but because its made by Edgar Wright who is ace.

NorthernChaosGod
08-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Classic Romero FTW. Seriously, best zombie movies ever.

Peegee
08-05-2011, 09:10 PM
The original Dead movies are the best. I think starting from Land of the Dead, I have been having problems with it.

28 days and weeks later were good movies. 28 weeks later moreso as 28 days later suffered from confusing plot jumping (city escaping moved to fist-of-the-north-start colonel reference)

In zombie news news, world war z movie is being produced!

FFIX Choco Boy
08-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Well Dreddz, I've not seen all of the classic Romeros, in fact not many at all because I'm only 17, so I didn't really have opinions to share. Now that you've said something, though, I might try to see them.

Slothy
08-06-2011, 03:55 AM
28 days and weeks later were good movies. 28 weeks later moreso as 28 days later suffered from confusing plot jumping (city escaping moved to fist-of-the-north-start colonel reference)

What the hell man? 28 days was a great movie, but 28 weeks is without a doubt one of the worst zombie movies I've seen, and possibly one of the most disappointing movies I've ever seen.

NorthernChaosGod
08-06-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm with Vivi here, 28 Days was vastly superior to Weeks.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Early Romero all day long. My favorite Gorillaz song is the one where they sample Dawn of the Dead just because of the sample.

Psychotic
08-08-2011, 12:43 PM
28 weeks later had an utterly fantastic opening scene: &#x202a;28 Weeks Later - Don abandons Alice&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd9PWvrkbO0&feature=related) It really captures the feeling of terror and desperation magnificently. The rest of the film wasn't so great though, yeah.

Dreddz
08-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Why are people discussing which is the better film? 28 Days is obviously the better of the two. That being said I still enjoyed 28 Weeks. Mainly because of the great shots of London deserted which were taken only a few streets away from where I live which was neat seeing.

Peegee
08-08-2011, 08:01 PM
28 days doesn't make any sense! The beginning was perfect and then after the corpse dripped blood on the dad's eye the entire movie's theme and mood and narrative went to trash

Araciel
08-08-2011, 08:46 PM
First half of 28 days, new dawn of the dead... the remake of night of the living dead from the 90s with the candyman guy in it.

Tose are the top three - RE1 almost counts but has too much other stuff thrown in, the rest don't even come close to counting and are mostly shiiiite

The old Romero movies, though significant from a history of the genre standpoint, don't appeal to me at all... not even in a nostalgic way.

Peegee
08-08-2011, 08:48 PM
The remake of dawn of the dead is pretty damn good

Does Rec count as a zombie movie? BC it is a pretty good one.

Dreddz
08-08-2011, 09:05 PM
The Dawn of the Dead remake is much better then it had the right to be. Just a shame its a remake of the best zombie movie period. If there's only one zombie movie to see, its the original Dawn of the Dead. Just listen to the music for christ's sake (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_GAFpIYaWA&feature=related), you can't top that.

Peegee
08-08-2011, 10:26 PM
What about Grindhouse? It has a foot gun!

fire_of_avalon
08-09-2011, 05:16 AM
All of you jerks need to go see Fido. I'll wait here while you do.

Jessweeee♪
08-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Shaun of the Dead is the only zombie movie I really like. Zombieland was entertaining. The rest just kind of bore me.

Araciel
08-09-2011, 06:37 PM

Though it was a different take, and I am a big fan of the genre, I just couldn't get into it - I was so excited when I heard about it.. then I saw it and felt cheated.

Peegee
08-09-2011, 08:02 PM

Though it was a different take, and I am a big fan of the genre, I just couldn't get into it - I was so excited when I heard about it.. then I saw it and felt cheated.

read wikipedia a year ago or whenever. Was like 'ehhh it's like vince diesel family movie with zombies in it'

Araciel
08-09-2011, 08:45 PM
*Mark Vincent