PDA

View Full Version : Again, the Moon

Serapy
08-05-2011, 11:29 PM
I just remembered.

The moon was visible from the Squall / Seifer scene. In that scene, everything (even the faces of Squall and Seifer and thier bodies) were all brightened, lightened and reflected by the Moon - all in an exaggerated way.

But anyways,

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3286/squallbloodline.jpg

From my personal experience, it's very hard, if not impossible to spill your own blood onto something and make it look like any perfect shape without using your hands. Ahh~ don't worry, I didn't cut myself on purpose just to see if I can make some nice art.

But seriously, though, that blood line is so perfect. I believe that it resembles a certain symbol. This is the symbol I'm gonna talk about: thanks to Flare_Cross from this board:

Symbols.com - Symbol 2:13 (http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/02/0213.html)

Look at this meaning:

"the symbol was used to denote the moon."

And look at the other meanings. Some of these meanings are based on similar symbols so I guess that's why they are put on the same page.

Isn't it ironic that the monsters came from the Moon? "rain that does not reach the ground" And Christmas, yes... Squall's mother Raine.

But the main thing is... if you combine all of those meanings from the symbol page into a few words. What do you get? Something like "unchanged", "uninfluenced", "adapted with no consequences", "nothing changes", "mass-preventable" or whatever.

I guess this explains why we see the Moon a lot from the game.
And this is another proof that tells us that the story is fated and destined. For example, Squall's fate was known and acknowledged when he told Matron to create SeeD and the garden. So therefore, nothing will harm Squall (only in prior to his very final time-loop).

However, in the ending... after when Squall meets Rinoa on the garden, you see the Moon for the last time. And this last time, you get to see Griever on the moon as well. The significance of "Griever" is best known for braveness, a-like lion, knight, blah blah blah.

Did the Moon show up at the ending to remind us that that the symbolism of "Squall" is still alive, even though that his fate is already completed? Or... Griever being there on the Moon gives us a hint that Squall's something was taken away because he has already finished his fate? Or.... is it there to remind us that the whole time-loop is about to start over again?

Jessweeee♪
08-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Griever was on the moon?

Serapy
08-06-2011, 10:44 PM
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5710/grieverlaceeb7.gif

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1482/grieveronmoonss8.gif

Depression Moon
08-07-2011, 12:10 AM
wha?

Serapy
08-07-2011, 02:43 AM
Edited for a much better photo quality.

Dude, Future Esthar totally needs to see this. I'm sure he'll make a better theory!

Loony BoB
08-07-2011, 06:50 PM
The moon is also a symbol of the night, which lets you know when it is night. *sage nod*

Ultima Shadow
08-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Griever was on the moon?Before Neil Alden Armstrong.

Serapy
08-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Raine's grave suggested that the ff8 takes place in between 1500 and 1600.
The deep sea research suggested that the ff8 takes place in between 3000 and 5000

what if various places on ff8 have thier actual timezones? like some place is year 1200, some other place is 4000. damn witches messing up the whole world

McLovin'
08-10-2011, 09:55 PM
The deep sea research suggested that the ff8 takes place in between 3000 and 5000

what if various places on ff8 have thier actual timezones? like some place is year 1200, some other place is 4000. damn witches messing up the whole world

some places are just not as technologically advanced...Winhill is a good example. It's a piece of crap in the middle of nothing.

nik0tine
08-11-2011, 07:37 AM
wat

Serapy
08-13-2011, 05:59 PM

some places are just not as technologically advanced...Winhill is a good example. It's a piece of crap in the middle of nothing.

again, ff8 isn't our world. so you can't really say if a ff8 thing is advanced or not.

McLovin'
08-14-2011, 04:09 AM

again, ff8 isn't our world. so you can't really say if a ff8 thing is advanced or not.

*chuckles* yes technologically advanced sections of the world is madness! They have to be in different TIME ZONES! That's it!

Rostum
08-14-2011, 05:09 AM
Come on Serapy, you can troll better than this.

champagne supernova
08-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Griever was on the moon?

There's a bar there where all the characters go to in their spare time. Kinda like the restaurant at the end of the universe, but more crap.

Christmas
08-19-2011, 09:12 AM
The only thing I see is that frog saying some unregistered domain crap! :(

Jiro
08-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Griever on the moon looks pretty spot on to me.

Serapy
08-31-2011, 03:12 AM
Come on Serapy, you can troll better than this.

I'm offended. If my posts deemed "trolling" to you, then please don't express your irrelevant opinion in front of me because in my own eyes, I'm no troll. Look at all of my FF8 posts dating back to 2006. Most of my FF8 posts include various theories.

Besides, you really don't get the meaning of trolling, do you? Let me tell you one example. If trolls ARE NOT interested in a certain thing, say FF8, then they don't feel compelled to "troll" the FF8 fans. Emphasis on interest. People DON'T troll if they ARE TRULY interested in something. I love FF8. I play it from time to time. I love thinking about new connections regarding the FF8 plot and sharing them with everybody else. That's just me.

So, go away if you don't have anything constructive to make, thanks. And as a matter of fact, your post is classified as spam material. Just saying.

Anyways, to compensate the waste of unnecessary bandwidth done by this post and yours, I shall be forced to make a response that happens to be semi on-topic.

*chuckles* yes technologically advanced sections of the world is madness! They have to be in different TIME ZONES! That's it!

IF IF IF! no have. I'm just saying what if... based on the claim that the dates of the tombstone and the research (thats if they were true dates).

and should always use ff8's logic. coz bro, if I was acting on behalf of our real world logic, I'd be like... whoa FF8 does have a lot of "madness" stuff

qwertysaur
08-31-2011, 03:41 AM
I think putting Girevers image on the moon actually was deliberate, but only as an easter egg and a reference to the Japanese belief that there is a rabbit pounding mochi on the moon. (the equivalent to the man on the moon) :p

Rocket Edge
09-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Griever on the moon looks pretty spot on to me.
This. I actually never noticed that before.

Interesting thread - love hearing these theories.

WhiteStorm
09-06-2011, 04:36 PM
I love FF8. I play it from time to time. I love thinking about new connections regarding the FF8 plot and sharing them with everybody else. That's just me.

While I do love FF8 with a passion too and I kind of admire your determination to find some "new obscure connections that no one has seen before", I think you overanalyze things too much. It's a game, nothing else. There's not an ocult meaning to everything, you know? Sometimes designers just go like "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we did this or that?" and they mean nothing but make a certain scene look awesome.

You want symbolism? Go play Silent Hill.

Jiro
09-07-2011, 05:27 AM
It's a game, nothing else.

You want symbolism? Go play Silent Hill.

:greenie:

Evol
04-22-2012, 05:49 AM
That symbol is the Virgo sign