PDA

View Full Version : August photo competition!!

sharkythesharkdogg
08-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Just a reminder that August's photo competition is in full swing. If you want to submit a photo you have until the 10th! I think this month will be another close one, so come take a look. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/relms-studio/138092-augusts-photo-competition-theme.html)

sharkythesharkdogg
08-11-2011, 02:20 AM
Sorry for the double post, but here's reminder in general chat that you can now vote for you favorite photo in this month's competition.

Remember, only 5 days! Hurry! Go! Discuss! Feedback for the contestants! ACTIVATE!!! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/relms-studio/138209-august-photo-voting-thread.html)

rubah
08-11-2011, 02:45 AM
I'm still surprised that places have fireworks in august! maybe it was at disneyland or something I guess

sharkythesharkdogg
08-16-2011, 07:03 PM
The contest is in a dead heat! It's moved on to a lightning round between the two semifinalist. Go vote!

Del Murder
08-16-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm still surprised that places have fireworks in august! maybe it was at disneyland or something I guess
There's no water that close to Disneyland. I am also skeptical, but I voted for it anyway because I liked it the best and I will give the shooter the benefit of the doubt.

rubah
08-16-2011, 09:29 PM
I won't :colbert:

sharkythesharkdogg
08-16-2011, 10:06 PM
It's the honor system, so we'll assume the best. :)

I like The Color Domestic a little more anyway, but that's just me.

Del Murder
08-16-2011, 10:16 PM
I thought it was photoshopped at first. I didn't know mops even came in all those colors.

Shlup
08-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Well, even if it was Photoshopped, that's part of the game anyway.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Yes, graphic manipulation is fair game. Which, since I'm in the know, means that we'll be getting some interesting submissions as these contests continue.

I'm more of a purist myself. A nice clean shot with a few enhancements is what I enjoy. (So to me, gummi bears, the color domestic, everything $7.95, and sugar were all awesome!! Nice work guys!)

Others are big on effects and more advanced techniques. I think it will create an interesting mix of photos.

Del Murder
08-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Well obviously it was photoshopped. I doubt the rest of the store is actually black and white. :p I was referring to the colors of the mops. I did not know cleaning supplies existed in such a variety of colors. But I guess if you mop floors for a living you can use a little color in your life.

Christmas
08-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Is this over? I was so gonna send all my photos that I edited using Paint! :bigsmile:

zorander
08-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Well obviously it was photoshopped. I doubt the rest of the store is actually black and white. :p I was referring to the colors of the mops. I did not know cleaning supplies existed in such a variety of colors. But I guess if you mop floors for a living you can use a little color in your life.

Unfortunately, I neglected to keep the original picture and saved the edited version instead, but I can take another picture or even a video if it'd help, but the mobs and brooms are actually those colours. All I've done for this photo is made the whole image black and white, then on a second layer, I superimposed the original pic, erased everything other than the mops and brooms (so it appears as though they are the only things with any colour), then increased the contrast, light balance and saturation a little to draw a focus to the colours.
I'm afraid there are much stranger things than oddly coloured mops and brooms around here :P

I'll most likely do a fair bit of editing in most of my pictures however anyway, mostly because it's fun to do, but also because I live in a very boring little suburb of London where a Foxglove in someone's front garden counts as "interesting". :redface:

sharkythesharkdogg
08-19-2011, 12:33 AM
Is this over? I was so gonna send all my photos that I edited using Paint! :bigsmile:

Play the next time! The mighty Zorander is about to tell us his new theme.

zorander
08-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Ok then. I would like the next months theme to be "Emotion".
I've done mine already. This is much fun, although more fun to meet someone else's theme.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-19-2011, 01:31 AM
:p It's still a little early to call you the victor. You have a solid lead, so I think that's the case. HOWEVER, once you win you must enthusiastically announce your theme choice back in your winning thread. About 12 hours to go!