PDA

View Full Version : Dark Cloud

Pumpkin
08-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Anyone play Dark cloud or Dark Cloud 2? I found them to be enjoyable games. I liked 2 better but the first one was also good.

demondude
08-08-2011, 06:33 PM
I have good memories of Dark Cloud and now I'm nostalgic.

Mercen-X
08-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I like them the same, so far I'm still working on Dark Cloud, I've never beaten it because I've spent too much time trying to build up my swords and not enough time getting better weapons for the other characters they FORCE you to play as in the last dungeon area. It's been about six years. I come back, play for an hour, lose interest and pack it up, then come back in about five months.

I don't own 2, I rented it. But it was pretty fun although I couldn't really get the hang of the golf, er... spheda mini-game.

Still, I like any game where they let you build your own stuff, whether it's your own items, weapons, armor, or your own vehicle or town. Why the hell aren't there more games like that out here?

NeoCracker
08-11-2011, 01:02 AM
Dark Cloud 2 is one of the best PS2 RPG's I've played. The whole story with Crest The Great Sage is probably the best part of the games story.

And pretty much all the mini-games are rad.

Pumpkin
08-11-2011, 06:36 PM
my favorite part of Dark Cloud (don't laugh at me) is Steve, the talking slingshot in the first one.

I love you Steve!!!

FFIX Choco Boy
08-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Dark Cloud was a lot of fun to me, but I made it to the final boss and quit because I had gone through the whole game with Xiao, so all my other characters had horrible weapons and I never had the patience to level them up high enough to beat it. It did get a little repetitive after a while, too, but I really enjoyed making the villages over again, and I think that's a great concept that should be carried over to other games sometimes. I only made it out of the sewers on number 2 before I found a different game and quit, though, so I'm planning on maybe going back to it soon.

McLovin'
08-12-2011, 03:25 AM
I made it to that floating islands village in Dark Cloud 2 but never finished. Maybe it gets better after that? Will pick it up again one day.

Iceglow
08-15-2011, 10:06 AM
I love you Steve!!!

Err, whoa steady on girl! I mean frankly I know I can have this kind of effect on women but damn! ;)

Rabbits on the Run
08-15-2011, 12:00 PM
I remember this game. I'm going to have play it now.

I only made it to where you got that catgirl last time I played, and when I first bought it I only played it for like a day so I made it even less. I have no clue why I've never played it all the way through.

Is the second one better though? Because maybe I'll just go get it and skip the first one.

That's what I plan to do next time I reply Xenosaga. Skip 1 and 2 and just play 3. :love:

Pumpkin
08-15-2011, 05:11 PM
I love you Steve!!!

Err, whoa steady on girl! I mean frankly I know I can have this kind of effect on women but damn! ;)

Are you a talking slingshot?

If so, :heart:

champagne supernova
08-15-2011, 05:30 PM
I always wanted to play them. Level-5 should make a Dark Cloud 3 instead of silly White Knight Chronicles.

Pumpkin
08-15-2011, 06:11 PM
I always wanted to play them. Level-5 should make a Dark Cloud 3 instead of silly White Knight Chronicles.

+1000

Iceglow
08-15-2011, 07:34 PM
I love you Steve!!!

Are you a talking slingshot?

If so, :heart:

LOL, let's just say its been called many things besides. :jokey:

BG-57
08-16-2011, 02:51 PM
I enjoyed Dark Cloud 2, never played 1 though. Building the locations in two different timelines was great. The hero's mech was far more useful than the heroines monster forms. I also liked the storyline, especially the villain's tragic backstory.

Depression Moon
08-16-2011, 03:56 PM
I used to play the heck out of the demo and I rented the sequel one time, but didn't get that far into it.

Masamunemaster
08-29-2011, 06:32 PM
I've been trying to find either of them again but can't:(

qwertysaur
08-29-2011, 07:01 PM
I've beaten Dark cloud several times and I still enjoy playing it. :)

I need to find a copy of 2 though. :p

Madonna
08-29-2011, 07:31 PM
I enjoyed both Dark Clouds. In both games, I loved the entire rebuilding aspect the most; seeing a town take shape as you unlocked more and more Atlamillia and then reaping rewards as you build it according to villager preferences or how the future requires it is plain fun. What I hated were those levels in dungeons when you could only play as one character or use one type of move; if you decided someone was lame and ignored them, you quickly learned a floor was going to teach you to grind a little more. The invention aspect of the second one was really well done and I enjoyed that immensely. The weapon grinding was the biggest weak point for me in the first game, and it was nice to see it was modified in the second game to be less an issue and yet still keep it; grinding to keep Monica up to par with Max is less an issue than trying to keep Xiao, Goro, Ruby, Ungaga, and Osmond all up to snuff.