PDA

View Full Version : General Gaming Millionaire!

Pages : [1] 2

leader of mortals
08-09-2011, 02:34 AM
This is an idea that I've had for quite a while. I figured now would be the best time to make it.
Anyways, I'm not sure if anyone remembers the Final Fantasy and Kingdom hearts millionaires that I started on here(Which, due to my immaturity and such, died to death), but this will be much like those, just with many games from many different series.
I know that many people would not have played all the games that I might question about, however, so I came up with a great idea! I will list out a bunch of games that I feel I am strong enough in to ask questions about, and the contestant will pick as many games as they'd like out of that list. Now, I'm normally a pretty modest guy, but when I thought of this, I thought "smurf yes! This idea is awesome, I want the world to know!". Anyways, here are the rules and such:

1. Post when there is no one in the hotseat and the first person to post will be in the hotseat.

2. When you post to enter the hotseat, pick from the available judges first, then pick the games from that judge's list that you would like to be quizzed on.

3. When you enter the hotseat, I will ask you multiple choice questions(with 4 possible choices, 1 being correct) from the games that you have selected. These questions will start out almost laughably easy, and gradually increase in difficulty until you reach question 15. Each question answered correctly will be worth a certain amount of points, just like in the game show "Who wants to be a Millionaire".

4. When a player is in the hotseat, I ask that you keep posting to a minimum, and please, please, PLEASE do not answer questions out of turn. It truly ruins this game, and makes it unfair for everyone else. I'm not asking you to completely stop posting when a player is in the hotseat, but I do ask that you do not be excessive.

5. You will only be given 24 hours to answer each question. Please only enter if you think you can come on here once a day. If you take over 24 hours to answer yer question, you will be kicked from the hotseat. If you know for a fact that you will not make it back in 24 hours, you may freeze where you are at without losing yer points if, and only if, you tell me when answering the current question, or in the time before I have given you yer new question. yer game will then be put on hold until the next player is finished, and you may resume from right where you left off.

6. Here is the points table, it is just like the Regis Philbin hosted tv show

Question 1: 100
Question 2: 200
Question 3: 300
Question 4: 500
Question 5: 1000
Question 6: 2000
Question 7: 4000
Question 8: 8000
Question 9: 16000
Question 10: 32000
Question 11: 64000
Question 12: 125000
Question 13: 250000
Question 14: 500000
Question 15: 1000000

Like in the show, if you answer incorrectly you will be brought back down to yer last milestone, or 0, and kicked from the hotseat. The milestones are at 1000 and 32000. When/if you answer the 1000000 point question correctly, you will be given yer points and will be out of the hotseat, with yer score recorded. You can also, at any time, choose to walk away from yer question, and you will keep the points you have earned. You may then choose to play again after another player has already been in the hotseat. If this game becomes popular enough, the points system as a ranking system could turn out to be very, very fun and competitive.

7. When you are kicked from the hotseat, either by correctly answering the 1000000 point question, by incorrectly answering any question, or by taking too long to answer, you will have to wait for at least 1 player to enter and leave the hotseat before you can enter again.

8. Although I have no way to enforce this rule, I wish that, when you play this game, you do not use strategy guides or the internet to help you. You may, however, use the actual game to assist you in answering yer question.

9. Like the TV show, you will have 3 lifelines: Phone/PM a friend, Ask the Audience, and 50/50, and you will also have New Question, all from the start. When you decide to use a lifeline, I will be nice enough to reset yer 24 hours from when I return, except for PM a Friend, which gives you 36 hours.

In PM a friend, you will be able to ask for 1 specific person's help. You will tell me the name of this person, and I will PM them, and they will have until yer question is over to post the answer they think is correct in the thread, or tell you that they do not know. Anyone(except me, of course XD) who is willing may be selected for PM a friend. Please note that you will still have to come and post to tell me yer answer, even if yer lifeline friend has answered.

In Ask the Audience, you will allow the audience to give you the answer that they think is correct. Anyone that sees the thread and wishes to give you their answer may do so, and you may listen to the audience and answer with them or against them or whatever you wish.

In 50/50, I will eliminate 2 of the 4 possible answers, leaving 1 correct and 1 incorrect.

In New Question, I will give you a totally new question from a randomly selected game from yer list(it may possible be the same game twice).

10. Unlike in the show, you do not have to say Final Answer. If you answer, but decide to change yer answer before I come back, you are completely free to.When I come back, whichever answer you have most recently chosen will be the one I accept.

11. After you have made it to 1000 your first time, you can start from 1000 on any other time you play. This checkpoint doesn't apply to any other question, only 1000.

I believe that is all the rules that I have to say, if I think of any more I will add them to this post. Now, for the Judge's and their game lists...

leader of mortals:
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 10-2
Final Fantasy 12
Megaman
Megaman 2
Megaman 3
Megaman 4
Megaman X4
Megaman X8
Megaman X: Command Mission
Megaman Legends 2
Chrono Trigger
Radiata Stories
Dragon Quest 8
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet and Clank: Up yer Arsenal
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Bully
Pokemon: LeafGreen/FireRed
Pokemon: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
Pokemon: Yellow

qwertysaur:
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (also ReCoM)
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Megaman 1
Megaman 2
Megaman 3
Megaman 4
Megaman 5
Megaman 6
Megaman 7
Megaman 8
Megaman 9
Megaman 10
Megaman Legends 2
Pokémon Red/Blue
Pokémon Yellow
Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Pokémon Black/White
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Tales of Symphonia
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (Also Portable)

I know my list of games are kinda recent, and isn't very well spread out, but I don't remember too many games from my old Nes and Genesis days good enough to come up with questions about them. As this game advances/ if it does, I will try to acquire more judges, so we can have a better spread of games.

Anyways, I think that should be all, sooo.... The first one to post shall be in the hotseat!

High Scores
NorthernChaosGod: 1032000
Del Murder: 32000
Rantz Rantz Revolution: 32000
Remon: 32000
qwertsaur: 2000
demondude: 1000
Slayer1514: 1000

Del Murder
08-09-2011, 04:13 AM
IN!

My game will be Chrono Trigger.

leader of mortals
08-09-2011, 04:20 AM
You can choose as many games from the list that you want, if you wish, and you can have questions from many different games. I wasn't too clear on that, looking back XD

Anyways, I'll make your first question from Chrono Trigger. If you wish to add more games to the list, you can do so when you answer.

For 100...

What pet does Chrono and his mother own at the beginning of the game?

A) Dog
B) Cat
C) Frog
D) Snake

Del Murder
08-09-2011, 04:34 AM
B) Cat

Final answer.

Also upgrade my games to this list then:

Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy 10
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Megaman 3
Megaman 4
Chrono Trigger

leader of mortals
08-09-2011, 04:43 AM
Correct!

For 200, from Megaman 3...

Which of these bosses is NOT in Megaman 3

A) Splash Woman
B) Snake Man
C) Needle Man
D) Top Man

Del Murder
08-09-2011, 06:00 AM
A. Splash Woman

Final answer.

leader of mortals
08-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Correct!

For 300, from Final Fantasy 7...

Which of these magic attacks is NOT used in this game?

A) Fire
B) Ultima
C) Cure
D) Fira

Rantz
08-09-2011, 09:02 AM
I've missed this game :D FF9 Millionaire was the first thread I posted in on EoFF! The FFs are the only games I'd be able to answer for though.

Del Murder
08-09-2011, 02:45 PM
lol I always loved the absurdity of the early Millionaire questions.

C. Cure

Final answer.

Del Murder
08-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Thinking about this more I may have messed up. I was focused on the word 'attack' and Cure not being an attack I thought it was the obvious answer. But I recall now that Fira was still called 'Fire 2' in the English translation of the game so maybe the question was one of semantics (but I consider Fira and Fire 2 the same spell with the difference only being translation). If the question was 'Which of these magic spells is not used in the game?' or 'Which of these materia are not in the game?' then I would have said D) Fira no doubt.

leader of mortals
08-09-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I've just always said attack instead of spells.

I'm still going to count you as correct, because I realized I forgot a rule. The new rule is...

10. Unlike in the show, you do not have to say Final Answer. If you answer, but decide to change your answer before I come back, you are completely free to. When I come back, whichever answer you have most recently chosen will be the one I accept.

So now, for 500, from Kingdom Hearts

Which of these Keyblades are not in this game?

A) Kingdom Key
B) Olympia
C) Dreamweaver
D) Three Wishes

Del Murder
08-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Well, I'm already stumped, because I don't really remember the names of the keyblades in the game. I think the answer is Dreamweaver but I don't remember if the Olympus keyblade is actually called Olympia.

On the other hand, I cannot think of which world the Dreamweaver keyblade would come from. It sounds like it would come from the Sleeping Beauty world but that does not appear until KH: BBS.

In the end, I cannot risk it. So I will take a 50:50 lifeline.

leader of mortals
08-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Using my super top secret coin flipping technique, you are now left with...

Which of these Keyblades are not in this game?

A) Kingdom Key
C) Dreamweaver

You now have the Ask the Audience, PM a Friend, and New Question lifelines left.

Del Murder
08-10-2011, 12:05 AM
C) Dreamweaver!

NorthernChaosGod
08-10-2011, 12:35 AM
*waits for hotseat*

leader of mortals
08-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Correct!

Now for 1000, from Chrono Trigger...

What Time Period do you start out in?

A) 600 AD
B) 1000 AD
C) 1999 AD
D) 2300 AD

Del Murder
08-10-2011, 03:35 AM
Phew, a softball.

B) 1000 AD

leader of mortals
08-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Congratulations, you have won a guaranteed 1000 points! From now on, if you incorrectly answer a question, you will still have 1000 points.

But now, for 2000 points, from Megaman 4...

Which one of these weapons IS part of this game?

A) Metal Crusher
B) Blade Tosser
C) Junk Blast
D) Drill Bomb

Del Murder
08-10-2011, 04:27 AM
I think Junk Blast and Drill Bomb are the only ones that are actual weapons in a Mega Man game. I'm pretty sure Junk Man isn't in MM4, though Dust Man is, but I don't think his weapon is called Junk Blast. Drill Man, however, is in MM4. So I will say...

D) Drill Bomb

leader of mortals
08-10-2011, 04:58 AM
Correct!

Now for 4000 points, from Final Fantasy 10...

Kimahri's area of the sphere grid holds which ability node(s)?

A) Ultima
B) Jinx
C) Both A and B
D) None of the above

Del Murder
08-10-2011, 05:26 AM
Yikes, that's a tough one because I hardly ever used Kimahri. I also don't think any of my pm a friends or ask the audience will help here. So I will use my new question lifeline.

leader of mortals
08-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Your new question, for 4000, from Kingdom Hearts 2 is...

What is the name of the Keyblade obtained by completing Land of the Dragons for the first time?

A) Hidden Dragon
B) Dragon Fury
C) Dragon Teeth
D) Dragon Claw

Del Murder
08-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Damn, another keyblade question. Should have sticked to just CT as my game. :p Dragon Claw or Hidden Dragon sound ok but I can't tell for sure. So I will use my poll the audience lifeline.

leader of mortals
08-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Anyone that wishes to can now come and post what they believe to be their answer in this thread for the next 24 hours.

I Don't Need A Name
08-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Hidden Dragon, I believe

Scotty_ffgamer
08-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Hidden Dragon.

NorthernChaosGod
08-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Hidden Dragon.

Del Murder
08-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Thank you! I guess I suck at video game trivia, but I did only play KH2 once, and many years ago. At least I am getting good use out my lifelines.

I will go with A) Hidden Dragon

leader of mortals
08-11-2011, 01:12 AM
Correct! You now have PM a Friend left.

Now, for 8000, Chrono Trigger

Which Dome in the future time period holds the Epoch?

A) Bangor Dome
B) Trann Dome
C) Proto Dome
D) Keeper's Dome

Also, a note to all Chrono Trigger questions... I never actually owned the SNES version, however I did own the Playstation and DS versions, so if I ever mess up with one of the translations(If I am correct, the SNES and the PS1 had the same translation), just question it and I can fix it or scrap the question or something.

Del Murder
08-11-2011, 01:42 AM
D) Keeper's dome

leader of mortals
08-11-2011, 04:51 AM
Correct!

Now for 16000, from Final Fantasy 7

How much AP must be accumulated on the Ultima materia before the spell Ultima can be used?

A) 1000
B) 5000
C) 10000
D) Ultima can be used immediately without having to level the materia

Del Murder
08-11-2011, 05:18 AM
Well, I know you need to gain AP to unlock the spell so it definitely isn't D. And I'm pretty sure it's not as little as 1000 AP. So that leaves B and C. 10000 sounds like a lot just to use the spell. This is more of a guess because I don't wan to waste my last lifeline on a 50/50 shot. So I will go out on a limb and say B) 5000.

leader of mortals
08-11-2011, 06:04 AM
Correct!

Now, for 32000, from Kingdom Hearts

Goofy has a skill that uses his own MP to give 3 MP to an Ally. What is the name of this Skill?

A) Entrust
B) MP Gift
C) Empower
D) MP Charge

Del Murder
08-11-2011, 02:47 PM
For some reason I want to say MP Gift but I'm not 100% sure. Mostly because it sounds familiar and the other three don't. This is a big question since a correct answer will get me to the next tier. So I will use my final lifeline, pm a friend. Can I please have Ouch! pmed with this question? He's a smart dude and I know he likes the KH games.

leader of mortals
08-11-2011, 03:41 PM
I have PMed Ouch!, and he now has 24 hours from now to answer this question. Please remember, however, that even if Ouch! answers, you must come back and confirm the answer.

Now we wait :p

Ouch!
08-12-2011, 03:03 AM
It's MP Gift.

Del Murder
08-12-2011, 04:15 AM
B) MP Gift!

leader of mortals
08-12-2011, 05:08 AM
Correct! You have reached another safe point! You are now guaranteed at least 32000 points!

Now, for 64000, from Megaman 4

How many E Tanks can possibly be obtained from 1 run of Skull Man's Stage?

A) 2
B) 3
C) 4
D) Infinite

Del Murder
08-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Oh man, I used to run through that stage all the time collecting tanks. It's a least 2, but I don't think it's more than 3. Then again maybe it's a trick question because enemies drop E-tanks and you could potentially get infinite.

Let me try to think back. I think when I used to play this game I would go into his stage and collect... 2 tanks. But! I think there was a third that I skipped because it was hard to get. So I will say B) 3.

leader of mortals
08-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Correct! Actually, there are only 2 tanks in the field. 1 in the area where you can go right and jump over the shield guys, and 1 in the area after that. However, Eddie(Or Fliptop, whatever) can possibly give you an E Tank.

Now for 125000, from Final Fantasy 10

What is Wedge's level 1 Shoot stat in Blitzball?

A) 10
B) 12
C) 15
D) 17

Del Murder
08-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Uhhhh efff that! I have no clue. Should I take a guess or keep my monies? Eh, what the hell. No guts no glory.

B) 12

Total guess.

leader of mortals
08-12-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm sorry, Wedge actually has a 17 Shoot stat. Congratulations, however, you won 32000 points! You will be able to play again after 1 person has played, if you wish. Now don't go spending all your points in one place :p

The hotseat is now open!

Rantz
08-12-2011, 08:45 AM
I'd like to play! I'm only gonna choose FFs though. :D Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 please.

leader of mortals
08-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Okay then, welcome to the hotseat!

For 100 points, from Final Fantasy 7

Which of these is NOT a materia from this game?

A) Fire
B) Ice
C) Restore
D) Doomsday

Rantz
08-12-2011, 09:05 AM
D) Doomsday!

leader of mortals
08-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Correct!

Now for 200, from Final Fantasy 8...

Which of the following IS a name of a GF?

A) Angel
B) Ragnarok
C) Ifrit
D) Ramuh

Rantz
08-12-2011, 09:24 AM
C) Ifrit.

leader of mortals
08-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Correct!

Now for 300, from Final Fantasy 9

Which one of these skills can Zidane learn?

A) Power Break
B) Focus
C) Thievery
D) Climhazzard

Rantz
08-12-2011, 09:39 AM
C) Thievery. :D

leader of mortals
08-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Correct!

Now, for 500, from Final Fantasy 12...

What is the name of the first obtainable Esper?

A) Belias
B) Shemhazai
C) Hashmal
D) Exodus

Rantz
08-12-2011, 10:54 AM
I knew I shouldn't have included the games I've only played once... :shifty:

Pretty sure it's Belias as far as storyline goes, as for optionals I don't know. But what the hell, let's take a chance. A) Belias!

NorthernChaosGod
08-12-2011, 02:21 PM
GODDAMMIT. I wanted to play.

Del Murder
08-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Where's my money?

leader of mortals
08-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I made the High Score table at the bottom of my first post, and you're in first place! Unfortunately, you're also in last place, but that's okay.

GODDAMMIT. I wanted to play.

Not fast enough, neener neener. XD

Now Rantz, you are correct!

Now for 1000, from Final Fantasy 8

What is the name of this game's card game?

A) Card Master
B) Card Battle
C) Triple Triad
D) Tetra Master

Remon
08-12-2011, 11:11 PM
I wanna play too.
I'll just post here, so that I can keep a look on new posts, and steal the hotseat at the right moment...

Rantz
08-13-2011, 03:31 AM
C) Triple Triad! The next best FF card game. :greenie:

leader of mortals
08-13-2011, 05:18 AM
Correct! You are now guaranteed at least 1000 points!

Now, for 2000, from Final Fantasy 7

What is the first summon you are forced to get in the game?

A) Choco-Mog
B) Shiva
C) Ifrit
D) Ramuh

Rantz
08-13-2011, 04:56 PM
I will have to use my 50/50 on that.

leader of mortals
08-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Okay, you are left with...

What is the first summon you are forced to get in the game?

B) Shiva
D) Ramuh

Rantz
08-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Has to be B) Shiva then, if my memory serves me right and Ramuh is optional to get.

leader of mortals
08-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Correct! Shiva is given to you by Priscilla before you enter the Shinra Headquarters, and, if memory serves me correctly, is the only summon materia that isn't optional.

Now, for 4000, from Final Fantasy 10

Which of these skills will raise your defense?

A) Focus
B) Cheer
C) Pray
D) Reflex

Rantz
08-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Not entirely sure, but I don't want to use a lifeline. B) Cheer?

leader of mortals
08-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Correct! Cheer actually raises both attack and defense!

Now, for 8000, from Final Fantasy 8...

Where can the Pet Pal's Vol. 2 Magazine be first found?

A) Rinoa's bedroom
B) Timber's Pet Shop
C) Train to Timber
D) Timber Maniacs

Rantz
08-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Really unsure about that one! I don't think there's a Pet Pals in Timber Maniacs, and I think #1 is on the train to Timber... If memory serves me right, you can find two of them in Timber's Pet Shop with the Familiar ability, but that might be #3 and #4. And the one in Rinoa's bedroom should be the second one you can find, so I'll say:

A) Rinoa's bedroom.

leader of mortals
08-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Correct!

Now for 16000, from Final Fantasy 9

How much MP does the spell Bio cost?

A) 8
B) 12
C) 18
D) 24

Rantz
08-13-2011, 08:30 PM
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say 12, but I'm too unsure. New question, please!

leader of mortals
08-14-2011, 04:44 AM
The answer was actually C, 18

New question for 16000, from Final Fantasy 8...

Which of the following is the highest number value for the Red Bat card?

A) 4
B) 5
C) 6
D) 7

You are left with PM a friend and Ask the Audience

Rantz
08-14-2011, 05:20 PM
I think it's 1 up top, 2 on the sides and 6 at the bottom, so C) 6!

leader of mortals
08-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Well, the 6 is actually on top, but correct!

Now, for 32000, from Final Fantasy 8 again...

What stat junction does Ifrit come with already mastered?

A) Str
B) HP
C) Mag
D) Vit

Rantz
08-14-2011, 10:22 PM
A) Str.

leader of mortals
08-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Correct! You are now guaranteed at least 32000 points!

Now, for 64000, from Final Fantasy 12...

What is the attack value of Vaan's first weapon?

A) 11
B) 13
C) 16
D) 18

Rantz
08-15-2011, 08:06 AM
D: Does anyone know weapon stats by heart? I'll ask the audience.

leader of mortals
08-15-2011, 09:05 AM
The audience will now have 24 hours to respond, but remember that you will still need to come back to confirm your choice.

Rantz
08-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Thanks for your help guys!!

Del Murder
08-16-2011, 04:13 AM
How the hell are we supposed to know that? That's closer to a $1,000,000 question than a 64000 one. Is the audience allowed to look stuff up?

leader of mortals
08-16-2011, 05:45 AM
I knew it! XD

Am I just overly analytical about video games, or something?

If y'all think it's unfair, I suppose I can allow for a new question...

For 64000 again, from Final Fantasy 7...

How much AP does an All materia need to rank up to level 2?

A) 1000
B) 1250
C) 1500
D) None of the above

Oh and since the question was apparently unfair (:P), I'll give you back your Ask the Audience lifeline.

The answer, btw, was 13. It's the Mythril sword, not to be confused with the Mythril blade, Basch's first weapon which is in the same license but has 22 attack. I'll try to remember that not everyone has a photographic memory like I have XD

Rantz
08-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Haha, it wasn't much more unfair than some of the questions in real Millionaire xD But if you insist!

I would know this question if I'd played FF7 more recently, but I think I'll ask the audience again. This one someone is bound to know!

leader of mortals
08-16-2011, 09:23 AM
The audience will have 24 hours from now to answer your question. Please remember that you will still need to come back within the 24 hour time limit to confirm your choice.

Carl the Llama
08-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Pretty sure its 1500.

Ultima Shadow
08-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah. It has to be 1500.

Rantz
08-16-2011, 02:17 PM
In the interest of progressing the game I will take you guys' word for it and say C) 1500. It was what I suspected as well.

leader of mortals
08-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Correct!

Now for 125000, from Final Fantasy 9...

Which of the following Chocograph titles upgrades the chocobo to Light Blue?

A) Healing Shore
B) Uncultivated Land
C) Between Mountains
D) Small Beach

Rantz
08-16-2011, 04:49 PM
A) Healing Shore! My favourite minigame ever. :love:

leader of mortals
08-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Correct!

Now, for 250000, from Final Fantasy 8...

How much % of an Elemental Attack (or Defense) does 100 of either Fira, Blizzara, or Thundara give when junctioned to Elemental Attack (or Defense)?

A) 60%
B) 75%
C) 80%
D) 100%

Rantz
08-16-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm almost sure it's 60%. Hmmm.... Yeah, screw lifelines. I'll say A) 60%.

Del Murder
08-16-2011, 06:17 PM
You're on a role Rantz! Get that million!

leader of mortals
08-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Sorry, it's actually 80%.

Fire etc gives 50%
Fira etc gives 80%
Firaga etc gives 150%

Thank you for playing, I will now add your 32000 points to the high score table.

Next person to post shall enter the hotseat!

Rantz
08-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Ahhh, dang it!! Good luck next person!

NorthernChaosGod
08-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Me!

I pick Chrono Trigger, FFX, FFVII, FFVIII, KH, and KH2.

leader of mortals
08-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the Hotseat!

Your first question, for 100 points, from Final Fantasy X, is...

What is the name of the sword given to Tidus by Wakka?

A) Brotherhood
B) Baroque Sword
C) Longsword
D) Ascalon

leader of mortals
08-17-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm sorry, but your time is up, NCG. The next person to post will enter the hotseat.

NorthernChaosGod
08-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Hahaha. Can I just go again? :p

demondude
08-17-2011, 11:39 PM
I'll give this a go.

leader of mortals
08-20-2011, 02:13 AM
Sorry it took me a couple days, I got into your mafia game, DD XD

Anyways DD, you're in the hotseat, what is your game list?

demondude
08-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 12

I'd go for a wider spread but those are the only ones I'm at least marginally confident with. :D

leader of mortals
08-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Okay, welcome to the hotseat!

For 100, from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City...

What is the main character's name?

A) Tommy Vercetti
B) Sunny Forelli
C) Lance Vance
D) The main character is not named

demondude
08-22-2011, 05:35 PM
A) Tommy Vercetti!

leader of mortals
08-23-2011, 02:00 AM
Correct!

Now, for 200, from Final Fantasy 9...

Which of these characters uses some sort of blade?

A) Zidane
B) Vivi
C) Garnet
D) None of the above

demondude
08-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Zidane innit

leader of mortals
08-24-2011, 12:55 AM
Correct!

Now, for 300, from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas...

What is the street that Carl lives on in Los Santos?

A) 23rd
B) Johnson
C) Grove
D) Never mentioned

demondude
08-24-2011, 01:22 AM
Grove Street, home, least it was 'til ah fucked everytang up.

leader of mortals
08-24-2011, 06:35 AM
Correct!

Now for 500, from Final Fantasy 10...

Which of these characters has an overdrive called "Mix"?

A) Tidus
B) Rikku
C) Yuna
D) Wakka

demondude
08-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Rikku!

leader of mortals
08-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Correct!

Now for 1000, from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

What is the name of your first contact? (The guy who gives you your first real mission)

A) Rosenberg
B) The Colonel
C) Diaz
D) None of the above

demondude
08-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Rosenberg I think.

leader of mortals
08-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Correct!

Now for 2000, from Final Fantasy 12

What is the name of the first hunt, which is mandatory?

A) Thextera
B) Wraith
C) Rogue Tomato
D) Flowering Cactoid

demondude
08-24-2011, 06:45 PM
That fucking rogue tomato.

leader of mortals
08-25-2011, 07:40 AM
Correct!

Now for 4000, from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Which of these weapons can NOT be dual-wielded?

A) Micro SMG
B) Silenced Pistol
C) 9MM Pistol
D) Both A and B

demondude
08-25-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm pretty sure it's the silenced pistol but I dunno. 50/50 dat bitch.

leader of mortals
08-26-2011, 02:57 AM
Sorry it's taken me a little while, I've been playing Minecraft all day XD

Anyways, here are the remaining answers...

Which of these weapons can NOT be dual-wielded?

A) Micro SMG
B) Silenced Pistol

demondude
08-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Okay I think it's Silenced Pistol. I GO FOR THAT ONE!!

Jiro
08-26-2011, 12:05 PM
:excited:

demondude
08-26-2011, 02:40 PM
FUCK OFF OMG I'M PLAYING

leader of mortals
08-26-2011, 04:14 PM
STOP smurfING SWEARING, YO! THIS GAME SHOW IS RATED E FOR EVERYONE!

Oh, wait, I need to keep my composure, I'm the host.

Anyways, correct!

Now, for 8000, from Final Fantasy 9...

The Silk Shirt piece of armor can teach Vivi which of these spells?

A) Fire
B) Blizzard
C) Thunder
D) The Silk Shirt doesn't teach Vivi any spells

demondude
08-26-2011, 04:24 PM
I have no clue. New question (about GTA again?) :D

NorthernChaosGod
08-26-2011, 05:11 PM
:excited:

leader of mortals
08-26-2011, 06:33 PM
You new question is...

For 8000, from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Not because you asked, but because I had this question thought out already XD)

How much money does the mission, Rub Out, where you kill Diaz and take over his mansion, award?

A) 20000
B) 30000
C) 40000
D) 50000

demondude
08-27-2011, 10:39 AM
fucking hell I don't know, but I WON'T CHEAT. I use that other lifeline I have.

leader of mortals
08-27-2011, 12:42 PM
You have PM a friend or Ask the Audience. Which do you want to use?

demondude
08-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't have any friends so I ask the audience.

leader of mortals
08-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Well, you could've PMed anyone you want(except me :P), even if you hate them :D

Anyways, the audience will now have up to 24 hours to respond with their thoughts. Please remember, DD, that you will have to return within the 24 hour time limit to confirm your answer.

NorthernChaosGod
08-27-2011, 07:08 PM
$50,000

demondude
08-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Okay I'll go with Julian's answer. And if he's right I'll find him some picture of a sexy lady to thank him.

NorthernChaosGod
08-27-2011, 08:05 PM
:monster:

leader of mortals
08-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Correct!

Now for 16000, from Final Fantasy 10...

In order to get to the Ultima spell, what is the minimum amount of Lvl 4 key spheres needed?

A) 1
B) 2
C) 3
D) 4

demondude
08-28-2011, 12:19 AM
What I don't know.

I'm guessing 4.

:(

leader of mortals
08-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Sorry, there are 4 locked nodes around Ultima, but only 3 key spheres need to be used to get to it. Your 1000 points will be added to the high score chart.

Next to post will be in the hotseat. Also, note to any who enter the hotseat from now on, I updated my list with about 3 or 4 more games.

demondude
08-28-2011, 12:32 AM
I feel like I've let everybody who believed in me down.

Slayer1514
08-28-2011, 12:44 AM
could i go next? if so, Final Fantasy 8, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Radiata Stories

leader of mortals
08-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Okay, Welcome to the hotseat!

For 100, from Radiata Stories

What is the name of the main character?

A) Cross
B) Jack
C) Ganz
D) Ridley

Slayer1514
08-28-2011, 01:39 AM
B) Jack

leader of mortals
08-28-2011, 01:52 AM
Correct!

Now for 200, from Final Fantasy 8

Which of the following is the first GF gained in the game?

A) Quezacotl
B) Shiva
C) Ifrit
D) A and B are earned at the same time

Slayer1514
08-28-2011, 04:57 AM
im going to go with
D) A and B at the same time

leader of mortals
08-28-2011, 05:22 AM
Correct!

Now, for 300, from Kingdom Hearts

Which character can only be used in the Deep Jungle world?

A) Jack Skellington
B) Aladdin
C) Beast
D) Tarzan

Slayer1514
08-28-2011, 05:26 AM
I want to go with B) Aladdin but my final answer is

D) Tarzan

leader of mortals
08-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Desert, Rainforest... same thing, right?

Now for 500, from Kingdom Hearts 2

What is the name of the first form given in this game?

A) Brave
B) Wisdom
C) Master
D) Anti

Slayer1514
08-28-2011, 04:38 PM
A) Brave
but I thought it was called Valor

leader of mortals
08-29-2011, 04:56 AM
Oh, crap. I think it's either called brave in a different translation, or it's literally translated to Brave. I don't know why or how I confused them. You are correct, however.

Now, for 1000, from Final Fantasy 8...

Which of these magic spells can be made with the GF ability "Mid Mag-RF"?

A) Fire
B) Fira
C) Firaga
D) None of the above

Slayer1514
08-29-2011, 04:26 PM
I think it would be
B) fira

since mid mag-rf makes mid level magic from low level mag, but might be wrong

leader of mortals
08-29-2011, 09:01 PM
You are correct, and will now be guaranteed 1000 points minimum!

Now, for 2000, from Radiata Stories...

Which of these characters uses a sword as a weapon?

A) Ridley
B) Sebastian
C) Star
D) Kain

Slayer1514
08-29-2011, 09:28 PM
I know its not ridley, dont think its sebastian, and cannot really remember kain so i will guess

C) Star

leader of mortals
08-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Correct! Ridley uses and axe, Sebastian, Star's much stronger assistant, uses a mace, and Kain, the leader of the church, uses his hands.

Now for 4000, from Kingdom Hearts...

At what level will scan be learned?

A) 11
B) 14
C) 17
D) Depends

Slayer1514
08-29-2011, 10:27 PM
can i have a 50/50 on this one

leader of mortals
08-29-2011, 10:36 PM
You are left with...

A) 11
D) Depends

Slayer1514
08-29-2011, 10:39 PM
and those are the 2 answers that i was hoping would be taken out, flipped a coin for it so i will say

D) depends

leader of mortals
08-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Correct! This question was actually a test of whether or not you would know that your choice of Sword, Staff, or Shield changed when you learned abilities. It does change it, and that's why it depends.

Now for 8000, from Final Fantasy 8...

Which of these spells can not be used by your team, except with Selphie's Limit Break?

A) Meteor
B) Wall
C) Flare
D) Both A and B

Slayer1514
08-30-2011, 12:24 AM
i know its not flare and i dont remember there being a meteor magic in the game, so

B) Wall

leader of mortals
08-30-2011, 01:28 AM
Correct! Flare and Meteor are both in the game, but can both be drawn, refined, and junctioned. Wall is the only one of the three that is only usable by Slots.

Now for 16000, from Radiata Stories...

Your beginning sword, the Iron Edge, has 8 attack, and the earliest upgrade to this sword is called the Knight Edge, with 12 attack. What is the earliest you can acquire this sword?

A) Before the first Radiata Knight mission
B) After the first Radiata Knight mission
C) During the second Radiata Knight mission
D) After being expelled from the Knights

Also, I'd like to apologize. I seemed to have forgotten a very, very important rule. I'd like to apologize to the previous contestants, as well. I forgot to say that you can, like in the TV show, walk away from a question that is too hard. You will then be given the points you have earned from your last question that you correctly answered, and be taken out of the hotseat. I am sorry for the previous contestants that may have wanted to walk away. I have updated the rules in the first post.

Slayer1514
08-30-2011, 01:30 AM
could i have a new question?

leader of mortals
08-30-2011, 02:01 AM
Okay, your new question, still for 16000, and from Final Fantasy 8, is...

How many AP is needed for any GF (Of the ones that are able to) to learn Boost?

A) 10
B) 15
C) 20
D) 30

Slayer1514
08-30-2011, 02:07 AM
A) 10

leader of mortals
08-30-2011, 03:00 AM
Correct!

Now for 32000, from Kingdom Hearts 2...

How many XP is earned by defeating Riku in battle, on Destiny Island at the beginning of the game?

A) 2
B) 3
C) 5
D) 10

qwertysaur
08-30-2011, 03:02 AM
Correct!

How many XP is earned by defeating Riku in battle, on Destiny Island at the beginning of the game?

A) 2
B) 3
C) 5
D) 10
That's kingdom Hearts one :p

Slayer1514
08-30-2011, 03:10 AM
i know its not much but its more than the others, i'll go with

B)3

leader of mortals
08-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Correct!

A) 2
B) 3
C) 5
D) 10
That's kingdom Hearts one :p

Oops, I had originally been thinking of a KH 2 question, but thought it was too hard.

Anyways, I'm sorry Slayer, but that is incorrect. If I remember right, Selphie gives 1, Tidus gives 2, Wakka gives 3, but I'm positive Riku gives 5. You will have your 1000 points recorded.

Next to post will enter the hotseat!

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 06:10 AM
Dammit, I want to go!

Remon
08-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Did NCG beat me to it or can I still grab the hotseat?

Slayer1514
08-30-2011, 02:34 PM
i thought the others all gave 1 and i knew he gave more and a potion so thats why i guessed 3 ,oh well better luck next time

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 03:12 PM
At least if he allows me to go, I'll have time to check after school this time.

leader of mortals
08-30-2011, 03:14 PM
It's NCG's turn, now! Welcome back to the hotseat!

Should I use the same list as last time?

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Yay! Yes please. :]

leader of mortals
08-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Okay, then here is your list(This will help me so I don't have to keep looking back)

Chrono Trigger, FFX, FFVII, FFVIII, KH, and KH2.

Now, here is your first question...

For 100, from Final Fantasy 7...

Which of the following bosses will be fought first?

A) Guard Scorpion
B) Air Buster
C) Ultimate WEAPON
D) Demon Wall

Del Murder
08-30-2011, 05:03 PM
I knew I could walk away at any time, but greed got the best of me.

Rantz
08-30-2011, 07:18 PM
I figured I could as well, but who does that when it's not real moneys.

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 08:52 PM
That's definitely Guard Scorpion.

leader of mortals
08-31-2011, 02:38 AM
Correct!

Now for 200 points, from Kingdom Hearts 2...

Which of these items is a keyblade?

A) Cosmic Arts
B) Ability Ring
C) Protect Chain
D) Star Seeker

NorthernChaosGod
08-31-2011, 02:59 AM
Star Seeker.

Jiro
08-31-2011, 12:01 PM
I would like to be put in line for the hotseat :aimsun:

NorthernChaosGod
08-31-2011, 08:34 PM
There isn't a line. :colbert:

Remon
08-31-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm gonna be next :doublecolbert:

leader of mortals
09-01-2011, 04:34 AM
Correct!

Now for 300, from Chrono Trigger...

Which of these characters is the pendant owner?

A) Crono
B) Marle
C) Lucca
D) Ayla

NorthernChaosGod
09-01-2011, 06:16 AM
We're talking about whom the pendant originally belonged to, yes? If so, that's definitely Marle.

leader of mortals
09-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Correct!

Now for 500, from Final Fantasy 10...

After finding the first Jecht Sphere, what overdrive does Auron gain?

A) Twister
B) Dragon Fang
C) Banishing Blade
D) Shooting Star

NorthernChaosGod
09-02-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm pretty sure Twister is his last one. Banishing Blade is the awesome break everything one so that's not going to be second. I think you start with Dragon Fang too.

Shooting Star.

leader of mortals
09-02-2011, 03:00 AM
Correct!

Now for 1000, from Final Fantasy 8...

Where does Zell's mother live?

A) The town of Balamb
B) Within Balamb Garden
C) In the Fisherman's Horizon
D) Timber

NorthernChaosGod
09-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Wtf is Fisherman's Horizon?

Anyway, she lives in Balamb! :D

leader of mortals
09-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Fisherman's Horizon is where the Garden crashes in after it becomes mobile :P

Anyways, correct! You are now guaranteed at least 1000 points!

Now for 2000, from Final Fantasy 7...

How many Materia slots does a Mythril Armlet have?

A) 0
B) 1
C) 2
D) 3

NorthernChaosGod
09-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Dos!

leader of mortals
09-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Si!

Now for 4000, from Kingdom Hearts...

Which of these Keyblades increase MP?

A) Lionheart
B) Three Wishes
C) Oblivion
D) Both A and B

NorthernChaosGod
09-02-2011, 05:22 PM
That's definitely Lionheart. :monster:

leader of mortals
09-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Correct!

Now for 8000, from Final Fantasy 7...

Which of these monsters can have a Hardedge stolen from them?

A) Moth Slasher
B) Soldier: 3rd Class
C) Marine
D) Mighty Grunt

NorthernChaosGod
09-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh, what the hell. Can I have a new question?

leader of mortals
09-04-2011, 05:16 AM
Sure! The correct answer, btw, was Soldier: 3rd. The Hardedge is the earliest upgrade to the Buster Sword, and is even stronger than the Mythril sword, which can be bought at Kalm.

Still for 8000, from Final Fantasy 10...

What is the name of the monster created for capturing all monsters in the Calm Lands?

A) Malboro King
B) Stratoavis
C) Chimerageist
D) Malboro menace

NorthernChaosGod
09-04-2011, 05:29 AM
I don't think I ever would have gotten that one.

Chimerageist!

Jiro
09-04-2011, 05:34 AM
I knew the previous question, you should've asked me!

qwertysaur
09-04-2011, 05:45 AM
Stealing the Hardedge in the Shinra building makes fight with Rufus so easy. :p Well really stealing from almost everything in FF VII is worth the effort.

leader of mortals
09-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Stealing at the beginning of the game is great, but I don't remember stealing very much through the rest of the game.

Anyways, correct!

Now for 16000, from Final Fantasy X

In Blitzball, what is the HP Cost of the Jecht Shot?

A) 90
B) 100
C) 120
D) None of the above

NorthernChaosGod
09-04-2011, 06:59 PM
That one wasn't worth the effort to load up a game and check. :p

120, final answer.

leader of mortals
09-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Correct!

Now for 32000, from Final Fantasy X again...

Which of the following is a key technique for Tidus?

A) Venom Tackle
B) Wither Tackle
C) Venom Shot 2
D) All of the above

leader of mortals
09-05-2011, 07:16 AM
You know what, I don't actually like that question. It seems too hard to remember, but too easy to just boot up the game and look up. I'll make a better one.

For 32000, from Final Fantasy 7...

Which of these materia take the least amount of AP to master?

A) Restore
B) Lightning
C) Revive
D) A and B take the same amount of AP and take less AP than Revive.

Jiro
09-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Pretty sure it was Venom Tackle.

leader of mortals
09-05-2011, 04:05 PM
It was.

NorthernChaosGod
09-05-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't actually see offensive and defensive being the same amount of work to master, but I'm not sure. 50/50?

leader of mortals
09-06-2011, 05:00 AM
You are left with...

B) Lightning
C) Revive

NorthernChaosGod
09-06-2011, 05:24 AM
Lightning!

Jiro
09-06-2011, 08:59 AM
It was.

AW YEAAAH

leader of mortals
09-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Correct!

Now for 64000, from Final Fantasy 8

An Ifrit card will refine into what item (quantities don't matter for this question)?

A) Bomb Fragment
B) Inferno Fang
C) Elem Atk
D) Str-J Scroll

NorthernChaosGod
09-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Definitely Element Attack.

leader of mortals
09-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Correct!

Now for 125000, from Final Fantasy 10

What item, and how many, are needed to teach an aeon the magic Slow?

A) Silver Hourglass; 2
B) Silver Hourglass; 4
C) Gold Hourglass; 2
D) Gold Hourglass; 4

NorthernChaosGod
09-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Definitely the silver ones and 2 is too few.

Silver Hourglass; 4

leader of mortals
09-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Correct!

Now for 250000, from Final Fantasy 8

Refining 4 Blue Dragon cards will give you an item, and this item can be refined to give you a certain magic spell. What spell is this?

A) Esuna
B) Blizzaga
C) Aura
D) The question is false, this item can not be refined into a magic spell.

NorthernChaosGod
09-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Aura. I'm afraid of further questions.

If I get a question and can't figure it out, am I allowed to quit right then and keep all the points I've gathered up to that point?

Del Murder
09-07-2011, 10:59 PM
How do you know all this stuff?

NorthernChaosGod
09-08-2011, 12:16 AM
8. Although I have no way to enforce this rule, I wish that, when you play this game, you do not use strategy guides or the internet to help you. You may, however, use the actual game to assist you in answering your question.

Jiro
09-08-2011, 01:39 AM
I would've just said:

Heh. :aimsun:

Del Murder
09-08-2011, 02:52 AM
That's what I figured. The million dollar question better be something you can't just load up a save file to know!

qwertysaur
09-08-2011, 02:55 AM
That's what I figured. The million dollar question better be something you can't just load up a save file to know!
It's name every reference to all past final fantasies found in FF IX, in order of when the references are made. :bigsmile:

NorthernChaosGod
09-08-2011, 03:00 AM
Which is what I'm afraid of. :p

leader of mortals
09-08-2011, 05:09 AM
Correct! Also, yes, you may quit anytime you wish, at any question, and you will be awarded the amount of money that you have won from your previously answered questions.

Also, my opinion on using the game as a reference... I find that it should be allowed, but if you want to be hardcore, you wouldn't use it. This can be considered an open-book test, where you are tested both on your knowledge of the subject, but also your ability to find the material within the subject. In the future, I think I will try harder to make the final stretch of questions harder to look up in the game.

Now for 500000, from Chrono Trigger

How many Tech Points are awarded from defeating a Lavos Spawn found on Death Peak?

A) 50
B) 80
C) 100
D) 120

NorthernChaosGod
09-08-2011, 06:08 AM
I think they're all 120.

Also, I don't blame you about wanting them to be harder.

leader of mortals
09-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Correct!!!

Now for the big one, the 1000000 point question!

This question is from Final Fantasy 8

Using only refining, and assuming you are starting with no items, but infinite Gil, how many Phoenix Downs must be bought in order to refine them into a Phoenix Spirit?

A) 1000
B) 2000
C) 2400
D) 3000

Jiro
09-09-2011, 03:29 AM
Well smurfed if I know.

NorthernChaosGod
09-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Man, you did make this harder. Alright, I think I got it. It should be 20 Pinions for a Spirit and 50 Downs for a Pinion. So 1000.

Final answer.

leader of mortals
09-10-2011, 04:42 AM
I'm sorry, you forgot Mega Phoenixes! 50 Phoenix downs refine into 1 Mega Phoenix, 3 Mega Phoenixes refine into 1 Phoenix Pinion, and 20 Phoenix Pinions refine into 1 Phoenix Spirit. Also, unrelated note, 1 phoenix spirit refines into 100 phoenix downs. Fuckin Rip-off.

You were so close though, man! I'm sorry, but you will have to have your 32000 points recorded...

Next to post will enter the hotseat.

qwertysaur
09-10-2011, 04:44 AM
I wanna play! :hyper:

Edit: Games that I have played
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Megaman Legends 2
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 10-2
Final Fantasy 12
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Megaman
Megaman 2
Megaman 3
Megaman 4
Chrono Trigger
Pokemon: LeafGreen/FireRed
Pokemon: Ruby
Pokemon: Yellow

TheGlassesGirl
09-10-2011, 04:51 AM
Lom said he'll start the game when he gets home. He is currently at my house, on my computer, and I am sitting on him.

leader of mortals
09-10-2011, 05:49 AM
I'm really happy to have such a huge list, but are you sure you want to be tested on such a large spread of games?

qwertysaur
09-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Yes. It adds to the challenge. :bigsmile:

leader of mortals
09-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Then I shall start you off with a Pokemon LeafGreen question, which I'm sure you'll get right XD

For 100, from Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen...

What is the Grass Starter Pokemon of this game?

A) Bulbasaur
B) Squirtle
C) Charmander
D) Pikachu

qwertysaur
09-10-2011, 06:38 AM
A) Bulbasaur

NorthernChaosGod
09-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Noooooo! :(

leader of mortals
09-11-2011, 05:00 AM
Correct!

Now for 200, from Megaman 2

Which of the following bosses are in this game?

A) Skull Man
B) Flash Man
C) Gemini Man
D) Woah, Man

Del Murder
09-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Damn NCG I thought you were going to go all the way!

Also, D) is the best option.

qwertysaur
09-11-2011, 05:30 AM
B) Flash Man.

2nd Easiest boss in that game, after Metal Man. (2 hits to kill with your own weapon is a joke.)
Skull Man is from 4, Gemini Man from 3, and Woah Man from dreams. :p

leader of mortals
09-11-2011, 06:59 AM
I actually always found Metal Man to be a really fun and challenging battle, because I'd always fight him first because of how useful his weapon is.

Anyways, correct!

Now, for 300, from Final Fantasy X-2

Which of the following Dress Spheres do you start with?

A) White Mage
B) Gunner
C) Black Mage
D) All of the above

qwertysaur
09-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Even without using Metal Blades I find Metal Man to be one of the easiest fights. Toad man will forever be the easiest robot master though. :p

The answer you are looking for is
B) Gunner.

However, that is technically incorrect. You only start the game with Thief and Warrior. You don't actually get Gunner until Yuna joins the party for the fight with Ormi and Logos.

leader of mortals
09-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Whatever XD

Correct, anyways

Now for 500, from Megaman Legends 2

How many points of Power does a Power Raiser give you?

A) 1
B) 2
C) 3
D) 4

qwertysaur
09-11-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm pretty sure it's

B) 2 Points

leader of mortals
09-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Correct!

Now for 1000, from Kingdom Hearts...

Which of the following keyblades if acquired as soon as possible, will be found last?

A) Pumpkinhead
B) Oblivion
C) Fairy Harp
D) All of the above can be acquired at the same time

qwertysaur
09-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Definitely B) Oblivion. :p

leader of mortals
09-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Correct!

Now for 2000, from Megaman 1

How many hits from Cut Man's weakness (Guts Man's weapon) will kill him?

A) 2
B) 4
C) 5
D) None of the above

qwertysaur
09-11-2011, 11:40 PM
A) 2.
Just don't miss because you only get enough blocks for 2 hits during the fight. :p

leader of mortals
09-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Correct!

Now for 4000, from Final Fantasy 7

How much Gil does a mastered All Materia sell for?

A) 1000000
B) 750000
C) 500000
D) None of the above

qwertysaur
09-12-2011, 04:11 AM
A) 1000000

leader of mortals
09-12-2011, 04:22 AM
I'm sorry, a Mastered All actually sells for 1.4 million Gil. Your 1000 points will be recorded.

Next to post will enter the hotseat

Jiro
09-12-2011, 06:26 AM
OH GOSH ME PLEASE

leader of mortals
09-12-2011, 06:37 AM
Welcome to the Hotseat, Jiro! What games do you want to be quizzed on?

Remon
09-12-2011, 09:39 AM
DAMN

Jiro
09-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Final Fantasies VII through X and also Kingdom Hearts I and II. Now watch as a I fail epically.

I wish I had a broader knowledge of games to make this more interesting for the viewers at home tbh.

leader of mortals
09-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Okay, for 100 from Final Fantasy 8

The Gunblade is the weapon of choice for who?

A) Squall
B) Seifer
C) Both A and B
D) None of the Above

leader of mortals
09-14-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm sorry Jiro, but your time has run out.

Next to post will enter the hotseat

qwertysaur
09-14-2011, 01:49 AM
This time I'll be on the lookout for evil trick questions. :p

Jiro
09-14-2011, 02:26 AM
Give me my question at 3am before a full day of work grr :monster:

The answer is C btw.

Remon
09-14-2011, 09:02 AM
I give up.

Jiro
09-14-2011, 10:54 AM
I'll post in support of Remon going into the hotseat next, yeah? Sounds fair to me. *flexes muscles*

I will respect the wishes of the host.

leader of mortals
09-15-2011, 04:20 AM
I'm sorry Jiro, but rules be rules, or something

Anyways, welcome back to the hotseat, qwerty! I'll assume you want to use the previous list of games?

For 100, from Megaman 3

Which of the following bosses IS in this game?

A) Needle Man
B) Gemini Man
C) Snake Man
D) All of the above

qwertysaur
09-15-2011, 05:42 AM
D) All of the above

leader of mortals
09-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Correct!

Now for 200, from Chrono Trigger...

The main character who is an inventor is...

A) Marle
B) Lucca
C) Frog
D) Crono

qwertysaur
09-15-2011, 03:15 PM
B) Lucca

leader of mortals
09-16-2011, 05:16 AM
Correct!

Now for 300, from Final Fantasy 8...

Which of the following GFs will be gained first?

A) Ifrit
B) Pandemonium
C) Leviathan
D) Carbuncle