PDA

View Full Version : Changing Map Post-Meteor Summon??

Super Sepiroth
08-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Hi All, its been a VERY long time since I've been on EOFF so you probably won't have heard of me lol.

I haven't seen this discussed before, but could have missed it, but I've noticed now on several playthroughs of FFVII that once meteor has been summoned the land around Junon changes, the lake that is just east of Junon suddenly has a river flowing OUT of it as well as the one that flows into it, and this new river blocks the path to Junon on foot.

Just wondered if anyone had noticed, and curious to know if there has been a reason for this mentioned in Ultimania-Omega-Whatsit called or anything?

*EDIT* Just thought, pics would be useful but I can't find any. Re-playing it at the mo, but only just getting to Corel so won't have any made any time soon, but if anyone else has that would be useful if people take any interest in this topic

SS

Rostum
08-10-2011, 12:35 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe it's where one of the weapons sprung out of the earth, I think Ultimate Weapon.

Super Sepiroth
08-10-2011, 12:48 AM
that'd make sense, but most places I've looked at claim it was released from the northern crater.... Nice idea though

Karifean
08-11-2011, 05:18 PM
AFAIK the weapons were blown out of the crater and landed in different spots, and Ultima Weapon's landing created the hole near Junon.

Super Sepiroth
08-11-2011, 08:14 PM
ahh right I see. makes sense... and just out of interest what does AFAIK stand for? I assume something to do with the incident in the northern crater?

FFIX Choco Boy
08-11-2011, 08:45 PM
No, as far as i know.

Rostum
08-12-2011, 08:33 AM
and just out of interest what does AFAIK stand for?

"As Far As I Know."

Super Sepiroth
08-13-2011, 01:13 AM
duh! what an effin' retard lol

Mercen-X
08-17-2011, 07:20 PM
When you first face Weapon as an optional battle (to get it wandering around the map) it's hovering over the crater it created upon its initial landing. When it's defeated, it explodes and creates a crater near Cosmo Canyon so you can enter the Ancient Forest. Craters. Got to love them.