PDA

View Full Version : Why should I kill The Weapons?

Martyr
08-11-2011, 04:07 PM
I guess they're Emerald and Ruby? Maybe more?
I never found much satisfaction with FF7, and I quit it when I beat Sephiroth, but I did spend a lot of time trying to kill the green robot thing, prolly Emerald Weapon, that was underwater.
I suppose I'd have to level my characters to max, which seems completely unnecessary. I can't remember exactly how badass I was, but I know Sephiroth was easy, so I was obviously powerful enough to beat the game yet absurdly weak vs. the Weapons enemies.

So why bother? What is the reward for beating them, should I decide to dust off the game for another play (or check the memory card), spend hours leveling, and then maybe, hopefully, somehow, actually beat the thing?

Or was I going about it wrong, making the fight a lot harder than it needs to be?

Or should I just research this on the internet somewhere?

Maybe somebody could just tell me in spoiler tags so I don't have to play the game again.

Jessweeee♪
08-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Just for the satisfaction of having done it. If it doesn't mean anything to you, then maybe you shouldn't!

Martyr
08-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Oh. Yeah, then maybe I shouldn't.
I was just wondering if there was some secret to it that expanded the plot or something.

AngelWings8
08-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah...it's mostly for the satisfaction and pride of being one that's beaten the two weapons of FF7 :p If you want a short general guide to what I did (this strategy worked best for me, but there's different ones you can find online):

For Ruby, I would actually use the W-summon materia to summon Knights of the Round twice (I personally like to link it to an HP absorb materia as well), or if you can't do it twice...do Hades once, and KOTR once. Keep using the Mime materia to mime it. You can equip Final Attack materia with Phoenix...but if you die I would just restart as it'll be hard to beat once you've lost the ability to mime KOTR.

For Emerald, definitely get the Underwater materia to get rid of that time limit. Similar strategy to above.

If I recall correctly, you get stuff for beating the weapons from the Kalm Traveler quest. I don't know if you want me to tell you what you'd get so: Gold Chocobo and Master materias

Loony BoB
08-11-2011, 04:32 PM
For what it's worth, I adore VII and I have played it around a dozen times, it's probably my favourite game of all time.

But I've never bothered to beat the Ruby/Emerald Weapons. :p

sharkythesharkdogg
08-11-2011, 04:47 PM
I beat emerald weapon, and if memory serves, I think you get a gold chocobo? Maybe? It's been a long while.

I never bothered with Ruby weapon.

10-Breaker
08-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah...it's mostly for the satisfaction and pride of being one that's beaten the two weapons of FF7 :p If you want a short general guide to what I did (this strategy worked best for me, but there's different ones you can find online):

For Ruby, I would actually use the W-summon materia to summon Knights of the Round twice (I personally like to link it to an HP absorb materia as well), or if you can't do it twice...do Hades once, and KOTR once. Keep using the Mime materia to mime it. You can equip Final Attack materia with Phoenix...but if you die I would just restart as it'll be hard to beat once you've lost the ability to mime KOTR.

For Emerald, definitely get the Underwater materia to get rid of that time limit. Similar strategy to above.

If I recall correctly, you get stuff for beating the weapons from the Kalm Traveler quest. I don't know if you want me to tell you what you'd get so: Gold Chocobo and Master materias

Gold Chocobo and Master materias are useful unless you have already one or you're not interested in racing. But the last one is definetly useful.

Jessweeee♪
08-11-2011, 09:43 PM
I thought you had to breed a Gold Chocobo yourself?

Martyr
08-12-2011, 04:53 AM
I'm not too excited about it, especially since I don't have a lot of time for gaming on a system much anymore, but I kinda don't like to leave a game unfinished.
Thanks everybody.

nik0tine
08-12-2011, 06:17 AM
the master materia is kind of like the most epic reward in the entire game.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-12-2011, 09:18 PM
I thought you had to breed a Gold Chocobo yourself?

I think you can win one somehow in the Golden Saucer, and I think you can win one when you defeat Emerald Weapon. Like I said, it's been a long time, and I could be wrong.

Karifean
08-12-2011, 10:12 PM
It's Ruby Weapon that awards you with a gold chocobo. Just bring the Desert Rose to the Kalm Traveller and he'll give you a golden one. If you bring Emerald Weapon's Earth Harp to him he'll give you Master Magic, Summon and Command materias.
And no, you can't win a gold chocobo in the Gold Saucer.

ljkkjlcm9
08-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Both are ridiculously easy with the right strategies.

Ruby can be stopped, either using the spell or Hades summon. Meaning completely ridiculously easy. KoTR + Hades and mime means you essentially can't lose.

Emerald's only strong attack is the Air tam Storm (materia backwards) which does damage based on how many materia are equipped 1111 per I believe (Some people use 2 materia to go to auto-7777). Use the Demi materia, Mime and underwater materia. If you need cure and such that's fine, just make sure you keep it under the 9999 damage limit so you can survive. Otherwise, really easy.

what do you get? Lots of AP for materia (which sucks for Emerald if you take the easy route since you'll have very little materia equipped). Ruby's reward nets you the Gold Chocobo and Emerald nets you the master materia.

THE JACKEL

dambaz
08-12-2011, 11:07 PM
i think the first time you play any FF its about getting from start to finish the second play through is when you want to train and beat things like the weapons its amazing when you see how easy people have defeated them on youtube

AngelWings8
08-12-2011, 11:28 PM
How to beat emerald weapon in 1 minute 18 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/wat​ch?v=vIzpRhorfWw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIzpRhorfWw)

Christmas
09-15-2022, 02:00 AM
They excrete in the desert & sea respectively polluting the environment because they never flush. :(

Quindiana Jones
09-15-2022, 01:58 PM
I think for industry?