PDA

View Full Version : Firefox is not saving my tabs on close

Pike
08-11-2011, 04:48 PM
No matter how many times I make sure that the "Show my windows and tabs from last time" option is checked, and no matter how many addons I disable/enable, it forgets all my tabs and starts at my homepage EVERY TIME. It's quite maddening! :mad2:

Something must have been toggled in about:config, right? That's the only thing I can think of. Or my profile got all messed up. Anyways, any ideas on how to fix this, aside from a complete reinstall?

P.S. inb4 "use Chrome". I'd love to use Chrome but Chrome has this issue where it messes up HTML and/or forum code as I edit it, so until they fix that issue, it's not an option :nibbles:

crono_logical
08-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Just to double check, in about:config, is the setting "browser.startup.homepage" set to 3? You are also making sure you exit the browser with everything open, rather than closing all the windows one by one? :p

Have you tried with a new firefox profile and/or clean install to see if it still does the same thing? :p

Pike
08-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Just to double check, in about:config, is the setting "browser.startup.homepage" set to 3? You are also making sure you exit the browser with everything open, rather than closing all the windows one by one? :p

Have you tried with a new firefox profile and/or clean install to see if it still does the same thing? :p

Yes to the first two questions. As for the last, I got tired of dealing with the problem so I just completely uninstalled/reinstalled Firefox and it works now :monster: Thanks though!

Pike
08-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Okay, never mind, it's started doing it again. The fresh reinstall only lasted a few days, apparently.

In addition, the "Restore Previous Session" button that usually shows up when I open Firefox appears to be glitched: