PDA

View Full Version : Myspace died.

Rebellious Eagle
08-12-2011, 07:24 AM
If you check it (http://myspace.com) you'll see why.
I wonder if it's gone for good?

Pheesh
08-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Myspace music still works. (http://www.myspace.com/badshannonband)

Freya
08-12-2011, 08:31 AM
They had something about kitties and doggies and stuff. I missed it, it crashed right as I was about to see the "OMG everyone must look at myspace right now! It's like wtf" thing.

I guess also people are saying it was hacked by those anon kids.

Heath
08-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Myspace sold for $35m in spectacular fall from $12bn heyday | Technology | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/jun/30/myspace-sold-35-million-news)

Not surprised it's changed so much given the circumstances.

Jessweeee♪
08-12-2011, 01:27 PM
You know what's funny? I haven't been there in over two years, but for some reason yesterday I was typing "m" into my address bar trying to go there.

NorthernChaosGod
08-12-2011, 02:18 PM
What happened? Everything worked fine when I tried to go there. :confused:

AngelWings8
08-12-2011, 03:57 PM
If you check it (htto://www.myspace.com) you'll see why.
I wonder if it's gone for good?

You might want to change the "o" in "htto" to "http"...unless you mean that it just looks different now and not that it has disappeared. Myspace | Social Entertainment (http://www.myspace.com/)

Rebellious Eagle
08-12-2011, 06:20 PM
So now it's an entertainment website? o.O I guess Facebook sort of became the dominant social network.

Jessweeee♪
08-12-2011, 06:40 PM
I always liked Myspace Music.

Breine
08-13-2011, 12:21 PM
I heard Justin Timberlake bought a part of myspace.

Clo
08-13-2011, 04:55 PM
No one has cared about Myspace for years.

crashNUMBERS
08-14-2011, 06:33 PM
yea, youre a little late with the funeral service

DMKA
08-15-2011, 02:33 AM
How did Facebook manage to take over anyway?

I remember when everyone and their mother had a Myspace.

crashNUMBERS
08-15-2011, 02:45 AM
I remember it like this specifically.

I live in an urban city. Myspace was the big deal since I was in 7th grade. Everyone had one and yada yada yea yea yea. I had a facebook that I barely went on and deleted it the beginning of my freshmen year cause I remembered that many of my friends used it. So during this era, myspace is still the shit and stuff. Then the next year, I had moved to a more suburban (*ahem*morewhite) town. I was trying to make friends so I remember going on a myspace hunt one day and I noticed something really weird.. all these kids last logins were months to a year ago! e-gad. while all my friends back in my hometown were on myspace daily. so I tried facebook and realized all these kids were more up to date with that instead. so I reactivated my fb at this time. Towards the middle of the year, I started to notice more kids back from my hometown were starting to get facebooks. I lived in the whitetown for only a year and moved back at the start of summer before my junior year. By this point, myspace was already slowly dying. But its future was just so obvious now. Then more and more kids started using facebook and early junior year, boom. myspace was out of the picture.

Its sad though. I really miss the myspace days, preferably. Myspace had nothing over facebook, but the times were just good. I get nostalgic a lot and myspace and all the friends back then being young kids were significant to me.

DMKA
08-15-2011, 02:52 AM
Its sad though. I really miss the myspace days, preferably. Myspace had nothing over facebook, but the times were just good. I get nostalgic a lot and myspace and all the friends back then being young kids were significant to me.

I hear you. I miss the ease of phishing login info and the pages with ten million animated .gifs, and a song and three videos that would play when you went to certain people's profiles. I remember one of my friends had a profile that would actually crash my computer because so much crap would play.

Those were the days.

NorthernChaosGod
08-15-2011, 04:17 AM

Because Myspace was fucking awful. Facebook originally offered a clean look without customization. >:[

Dreddz
08-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Myspace was rubbish to begin with. The interface was so cluttered. I never had any interest in having one, even when my friends were using it. It did has one feature that Facebook doesn't which was that you could have a music player on your page which was neat.

Facebook dominating Myspace was obvious the moment you looked at how clean and accessible the interface was.

Jessweeee♪
08-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Yeah. The customization thing was awesome, but everyone abused it.

champagne supernova
08-15-2011, 09:12 PM

I miss the ease of phishing login info and the pages with ten million animated .gifs, and a song and three videos that would play when you went to certain people's profiles. I remember one of my friends had a profile that would actually crash my computer because so much crap would play.

Those were the days.

I think you answered your own question.

crashNUMBERS
08-16-2011, 07:51 AM
funny, everyone around here didnt give facebook any acknowledgment at first cause it was too boring

NorthernChaosGod
08-16-2011, 08:13 PM
funny, everyone around here didnt give facebook any acknowledgment at first cause it was too boring
CHILDREN, the lot of them.

G13
08-18-2011, 10:36 AM
It's like an old friend has died. :cry:

Or maybe acquaintance. :erm:

Now that I think about it, I hated that guy. :cuch:

Jessweeee♪
08-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Well the thing about social networking sites is that you don't go wherever you like best, you go where the people you want to keep in contact with are. It completely defeats the purpose of having an account on one when nobody is on there. This is why I switched to facebook, and it's why if this google+ thing takes off I'll switch to that even though I'm uncomfortable with the idea after the Google Buzz incident.

GhandiOwnsYou
08-20-2011, 06:01 AM
The customization was brutal. At first it was cool to be able to slap a background image up or matrix up the place with green text, but it seemed like it only took a month before everything sparkled and had animation loops. Lets be serious too, you can't tell me i'm the only one that raged whenever the music player autostarted the same horrible song, and it took ten minutes to find the stop button cleverly hidden behind twelve butterfly gifs.

Jessweeee♪
08-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Well you could change your settings to stop other people's myspace players from going off automatically, but if they had another flash player, then you were in trouble.