PDA

View Full Version : 100K Searches Virus

Lionx
08-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Okay so recently I have gotten infected by this virus. I am not sure exactly how this happened but its pretty bad.

It infects my computer's web search to be re-directed to 100K searches.com or something. Making every webpage that I click to go to this website and destroy any real semblance of looking for things i need. At first only Google Search was infected, now Yahoo as well.

Before Yahoo was infected, i decided to do what one of the searches said for me to do.

Remove 100ksearches.com (Uninstall Guide) (http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2011/08/remove-100ksearchescom-uninstall-guide.html)

That TDSS remover however did not work. I believe the virus infected that program along with any other anti-malware program that tries to scan or remove it. It won't turn on anymore. I also cannot get my anti-virus to remove it.

So before I randomly infect more things...i kinda need some help, or at least some direction to go to...=/ I can still go to places if i know their exact address but anything that i do on search is a no go. Hopefully someone can help with removing and preventing this virus >_<.

Citizen Bleys
08-13-2011, 09:23 PM
I presume you've tried running MBAM in safe mode?

Lionx
08-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Yes I have. It does nothing because the virus/exe or whatever detects it even in safe mode. Then will shut the program down, then deny administrative access to it. And i am using Windows XP on this particular machine.

This thing goes past some scan's noses, and for those that do sniff it out, they do what i mentioned above. =/ This is why i need a lot of help..

Mirage
08-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Do you have a spare computer you could connect your hard drive to?

Lionx
08-14-2011, 02:36 PM
I might have a really really old computer around early 2000s that i might be able to use...not sure on that though. Its deteriorated pretty bad. Whats up @_@

EDIT:

When I run ComboFix in Safe Mode it does this...

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/599/statusfz.jpg

Lionx
08-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Update: My bf told me that the virus attacks known software that tries to scan it. Therefore if you name it something different, it would not attack it. I renamed ComboFix into something else, ran it and it worked.

Thanks anyways guys. :) Surprising easy fix for such an aggressive thing.