PDA

View Full Version : Question Time!

Wolf Kanno
08-14-2011, 06:50 PM
If you were given a chance to ask SE five questions and actually get an answer back from them, what would you ask?

NeoCracker
08-14-2011, 07:27 PM
1) Lufia 2 made into an action RPG. WTF Square?

2) FF XIII and it's spinoffs. Once again, WTF Square.

3) How can you sleep at night after what you did to the Mana series?

4) Since you own Enix, why the fuck haven't we gotten a new Ogre Battle game?

5) How long till the second TWEWY? :love:

Pike
08-14-2011, 10:54 PM
1.) When is Geno coming back? And I don't mean the cameo in Superstar Saga, because that doesn't count.

2.) When is Super Mario RPG going to be on Nintendo DS, and would you accept my soul in exchange for it if you don't have any current plans for it?

3.) When is there going to be a Super Mario RPG 2? Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi doesn't count.

4.) When is Geno coming back?

5.) When is Geno coming back?

Martyr
08-15-2011, 01:52 AM
1. Will you make a movie out of my FF1 screenplay?
2. Please? I swear it's different! I know you think you've heard everything, but this captures the true spirit of the first game like, like totally the spirit within it, you know what I mean?
3. I wanted you to answer the "please" question. Not whether you knew what I meant.
4. Then is this question 5?

I'm a big fan!

Depression Moon
08-15-2011, 09:25 PM
1. When can we expect Kingdom Hearts III?

2. Have you ever thought about bringing back the talent from your PS1 generation?

3. Why is FFXIII-2 coming out before Versus XIII which was announced alongside XIII?

4. Are you all going to produce more original titles for the home console?

5. Can I get a Threads of Fate sequel pretty please?

Bolivar
08-15-2011, 09:57 PM
I'd be more than happy to answer some of your questions.

1) Lufia 2 made into an action RPG. WTF Square?

2) FF XIII and it's spinoffs. Once again, WTF Square.

3) How can you sleep at night after what you did to the Mana series?

4) Since you own Enix, why the fuck haven't we gotten a new Ogre Battle game?

5) How long till the second TWEWY? :love:

1) You seem to imply that our company has somehow lost its way with the direction of some of our sequels. The truth is, Square Enix has never fallen off - our fans have.

2) Again, your reception of our games is tainted by your own compromised standards, and you probably experienced Final Fantasy XIII with "Western" expectations. Final Fantasy XIII is a visionary master work featuring unprecedented graphics, and is now available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 systems.

3) Codine.

4) We appreciate your enthusiasm for the Ogre Battle series, but you may want to experience Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together for the PSP computer entertainment system. Featuring updated graphics, a new translation, and a brand new arrangement of the score, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together for the PSP computer entertainment system offers a premium content package that's more than any true Ogre Battle fan could hope to have with a sequel. This strategy also aligns with our incoming Final Fantasy initiative for 2012, when we celebrate Final Fantasy's 25th Anniversary with a new, unprecedented, and unmatchable 3D edition for Nintendo 3DS, as well as the definitive, ultimate, unequaled High Definition edition for PlayStation Vita.

5) Unfortunately The World Ends With You did not live up to our expectations in the Western markets and no future games are planned at this date. However, if you live in Japan (which, given your eccentric taste in gaming, it seems you do), you will be excited to hear that we have renewed our agreement with Activision and will be publishing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in Japan, the third installment in this spectacular, blockbuster franchise.

Wolf Kanno
08-16-2011, 08:19 AM
1. Due to the arrangements with Matsuno when you worked on Tactics Ogre remake, does that mean that there may still be a chance to see a Vagrant Story 2 or FFTactics:WOTL 2 in the future, with Matsuno helming the project?

2. What do you think happened to Mana, Saga, and Front Mission in the West? Why do you think that three series that had promising futures in the 16/32 bit era have failed to garner a simple "Hooray" outside of Japan?

3. If you(Kitase, Nomura, Toriyama, Ito, and Tokito) had the ability to go back to an older FF title you didn't like and remake it, which title would it be and what would you change?

4. Why are the non-Japanese fans always screwed over when it comes to the release of Special Edition titles and supplement materials like the Ultimanias? U.S./PAL Fans often complain we get looked over when you release the KH Final Mix titles and International Versions of FF games. Not to mention we have to rely on the hard work of fan translation sites like TheLifestream.net to get background info on our favorite games.

5. Ever since the FF series founder left Square-Enix, it seems that his name is absent from staff roles in the remakes of older FF titles, and he is rarely if ever mentioned in supplement materials describing behind the scenes elements making titles like FFVII and FFIII. Only Nomura ever mentions him in interviews about making the old games. My question is this, is this SE just distancing itself from the man that ushered in the downfall of Squaresoft, or is it the opposite, where Sakaguchi has been taking undeserved credit for some titles?

champagne supernova
08-16-2011, 09:11 PM
1. Where is Vagrant Story 2?

2. Why are you not focusing on Versus XIII, seeing that it looks like it's the only title you have that is really top-notch?

3. Do you have any involvement with the new Deus Ex and, if yes, could you stop?

4. Seeing that you are working up through the FFs you remake, when are you planning on remaking VII and are you thinking of hiring some of the original staff so you don't turn it into a Final Fantasy XIV-esque mess?

5. Would it be possible to sack Wada and replace him with someone who understands game development, instead of a suit?

Del Murder
09-02-2011, 08:09 PM
1. Final Fantasy IX was considered a throwback to the older entries in the series. It took place in a fantasy setting, had characters with set jobs and traditional stat growth, and even contained many references to the older games. Is this something you are considering doing with Final Fantasy XV?

2. With the evolution of the RPG genre to blend more action elements with traditional RPG elements, is there any concern with losing some of your die-hard fanbase while trying to keep up with this direction other games are taking the genre into?

3. For many years, direct sequels to the Final Fantasy games were unheard of. Then, the first one came with Final Fantasy X-2. More recently, you have seen success with the release of Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and are currently working on Final Fantasy XIII-2. Are there any plans to release sequels to any of the other older Final Fantasy games?

4. Will we ever see another Chrono game?

5. What about SD3 getting an English translation and North America release, possibly for a handheld system?