PDA

View Full Version : omnislash disc 1

DeadReD
08-16-2011, 09:57 PM
is it even worth getting omnislash on disc 1 if I am already plowing my way through with no problems or should I just wait till later to get it? I know it takes a long time to get

Saber
08-16-2011, 11:53 PM
It becomes a lot easier to get it on disk 2. On disk 1 there is a very small way to get GP as opposed to Disk 2 where you will be able to get the snow board, submarine, and chocobo racing access. On disk 1 you only have the bike, the arm wrestling and basketball mini games. It costs 10 GP to enter the battle arena and getting the points for Omni-Slash can be harder than expected. Plus I had heard that the guy who can sell you 150 GP in the first gold saucer screen isn't there until disk 2.

Roogle
08-16-2011, 11:59 PM
I would wait until the second disc before you start working on the Level 4 Limit Breaks. The only Level 4 Limit Break that I would recommend getting before the end of Disc 1 is Great Gospel for completion purposes.

Carl the Llama
08-17-2011, 01:51 AM
It costs 51200 BP to get Omnislash on disk 1, on disk 2 it costs 32000, plus while your raising chocobo's you can earn alot of GP that way too so I would strongly advise you to wait till disk 2 (or like me I wait till disk 3 so I can use the W-Item trick on Sylkis greens for raising chocobo's).

Big D
08-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Omnislash on disc one? It's good for the challenge, or simply for laughs, but it's not really "worth it" from a gameplay perspective. Though if you want to invest a lot of time and effort by doing it early on, the remaining discs should become a breeze - especially if you're boosting the rest of the team's limit breaks at the same time. If you just want to play through the story of the last two discs without having to level-grind, then it can be good to gain those levels and limits back on disc one.

Mercen-X
08-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Plus I had heard that the guy who can sell you 150 GP in the first gold saucer screen isn't there until disk 2.

He doesn't sell more than 100 GP per visit (for 10000 gil).

It costs 51200 BP to get Omnislash on disk 1It's also more difficult to win the tournaments on the first disc.

On the second disc, battles are more predictable. You can tell by the first couple of enemies who you'll be facing and can decide to cut out before you risk all to lose everything. I hate it when I'm forced to fight the Ghost Ship or Tonberry. Instant Death and Eject f-ing suck.

Also, I personally think it's never a good idea to try to fight through a tournament when your slots never give you any choices (i.e. Magic Materia - Magic Materia - Magic Materia), if that happens, I suggest you screw the GP and just ditch out. At least you'll walk away with like 11 BP instead of zilch.

DeadReD
08-18-2011, 07:16 AM
thanks for the input ill just wait till disc 2 then. dont want to take the time