PDA

View Full Version : lernan

Jiro
08-17-2011, 11:55 AM
I applied to study abroad, and I'm curious - has anyone else studied overseas?

How was it? Where did you go? etc etc

If you haven't gone, would you like to? Where would you like to go?

yeah, just, y'know, discuss.

Martyr
08-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Went to South America in accordance with a university class as a last ditch effort to try to learn Spanish.
I got slightly better for the time that I was there, but I didn't learn the language.
Asa far as the experience goes - I'll talk about it later. Suddenly gtg. But it was totally cool and there were striking differences worth talking about that would make me recommend visiting Peru and Chile, even though they aren't the most common countries to study abroad in (most people go to Europe for history and arts, and I've never been but have always wanted to go).

Rye
08-17-2011, 04:37 PM
I lived in England for a year in the town of Reading - I went to University of Reading!

It was a really fantastic experience. Aside from not having enough money to actually do traveling while I was there (really kills me, because old friends and classmates on FB that have just did their study abroad experience have photos of them traveling to all the places I could never afford - maybe their parents sent them the money?) and some shit with transferring my credits over to my new university, it was an absolutely wonderful time and I recommend everyone to do it.

It's very humbling to be a foreigner somewhere, even in a place that may speak the same language, like my going to England. I also personally love the feeling of running away somewhere new. It's easier for me than sticking around in one place (right now, being frustrated with my job situation, all I want to do is just blow away somewhere and do a JET program to Japan or something).

Where have you applied to stay?

rubah
08-17-2011, 07:34 PM
studied in france for a month. I was mostly too paralyzed by anxiety to fully appreciate the opportunity, but it was crazy cool none the less

Del Murder
08-17-2011, 07:39 PM
I went to Korea for a week to learn about Korea. It was pretty cool.

Shlup
08-18-2011, 04:11 AM
Everyone I know who's studied abroad has loved it. I was too busy making out with BJ to ever study abroad, but I wish I would have.

NorthernChaosGod
08-18-2011, 04:15 AM
I've studied lots of broads. /smug

(Someone had to)