PDA

View Full Version : Is Bartz secretly a real Ninja?

Wolf Kanno
08-20-2011, 06:39 AM
No, I'm not talking about him using the Job Class Ninja, but if you look at his hometown of Lix, its in a remote part of the world surrounded by mountains, which is only accessible through Airship (which don't exist anymore) and Black Chocobo (which is a rare species of chocobo) and the town sells Ninja Suits, shurikens, and Skeans exclusively. Could Batrz be from a long line of former Ninjas? :eek:

Fynn
08-20-2011, 04:25 PM
I never gave it much thought, but... It seems you are on to something! Ancient conspiracy! :eek::kakapo:

VeloZer0
08-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Before the Tycoon meteor hit Bartz was an NPC, and we all know NPCs can traverse things completely impossible to player characters.

Given his lack of Ninja prowess maybe he was expelled from the village for not making the cut?

TrollHunter
08-21-2011, 01:54 AM
So Butz is a pimp AND a ninja?
That's intense.

Roogle
08-25-2011, 12:17 AM
The older Final Fantasy games do a poor job of explaining the concept of travel to the player. For example, is a village really inaccessible to the world if it is surrounded by mountains or is this supposed to represent the fact that it is out of the way and unnecessary? It can be hard to balance gameplay and storyline when it comes to things like this.

Jiro
08-25-2011, 03:22 AM
I like to imagine Bartz popped in home one day and told them about this cool dream he had where he was a ninja and then from there his town decided to become a town full of ninjas! Or at least sell ninja gear!

qwertysaur
08-29-2011, 10:04 PM
He was traveling with Boko and Drogain. A little mountain climbing is no trouble for Bartz anyway. :p Remember, with enough practice he can master anything. :bigsmile:

sir helix
09-09-2011, 03:22 PM
he had a great idea for his poor village...and to not cut him any credit they used osmose on crack to drain any recognition of it from him and thus he was traveling and accidentally didn't get crushed by a meteor..........i miss spelled meteor as meateor and spell check tried to give me meatloaf....do i realy diserve meetloff i meen im such a horribable spellor.

Flying Arrow
12-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Given his lack of Ninja prowess maybe he was expelled from the village for not making the cut?

This is how I play him. He has a badass warrior father but Bartz is the one who is afraid of stupid things like "heights". I usually imagine him being a traveling bard/hippie type trying to make end's meet. I give him all the jobs like dancer, bard, geomancer, blue mage, etc, so he ends up being a really interesting mix of not-directly-powerful yet useful in a world-traveley kind of way.

EDIT: Wow this is an older thread. I've been lurking the FFV board lately because I've gotten a huge urge to replay the game these days.

KentaRawr!
06-30-2012, 09:21 PM
This is why I make Bartz a ninja.

Sephex
07-01-2012, 08:00 PM
I have never thought of it that way. From now on, this is the back story I am going to keep in mind when I play through FFV. I usually don't make him a ninja either, but that's going to change too!